Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I won't need to worry about this now since I'm the only one in my party with an AP.

Completely OT but does anybody want 3 FP for Flight of Passage for 30/08 that I’m about to release? We’ve decided to go to Miami a day early in our vacation so I won’t need them.
What time are they for

....As has been established here, Disney seems incapable / unwilling to email all of their paid AP holders, only the ones in the USA. As a UK guest, I never hear from them even though I pay exactly the same as US passholders. I can understand them not wanting to pay additional international postage for physical shipments, but emails???
Not all USA AP holders get emails either. (I never do, despite many years of all 4 in my family being AP holders (non-FL, non-DVC - we pay full retail, directly from Disney's website.))

Last edited:

I believe we all agree that the passholder previews are a way to limit opening day crowds. If this line of reason is correct then I believe that this event is not for anyone with a platinum pass but rather more specifically for the Orlando and Florida residents who may not need to plan very much in advance. I think that if Disney announced the dates early then we would all make plans to go rather than getting the Orlando passholders "out of the way" before opening. If I lived in Orlando I would go for previews and then not for a long time after. So Disney may be strategicly waiting for a late time so as to let the Florida/Orlando APs in so they won't come to opening. At least these are my thoughts.
I suspect many, probably most, of AP holders who live in Orlando have one of the FL AP which aren't eligible.

I'll speculate Disney isn't sure how soon before the announced opening date swge will be ready
Does anyone remember the delays associated with test track?

Disney doesn't want the complaints if guests who booked air and hotel discover their preview has been canceled.

I am hoping for an evening paid after hours event like they do in MK where you don't need regular park admission in top of the hard ticket. This way we can do a trip basically just for that rather than a big long trip for all of WDW

I’m hoping for this as well. My entire family won’t be headed back until 2021 at the earliest (my husband can only take Disney every two or three years). If there’s an option to pay for an evening event, we’ll do it to avoid the crowds.

It has been stated since first announced it was only for AP and guests with same qualifying AP.
Well, one, I'm a first time AP holder so I'm still learning the perks and two, I didn't know/see until today that it was for AP and guests with same qualifying AP. I don't stalk these things like everybody else.

so if the other people in your party have the same AP how are they guests? a guest would mean that the "lead" has the advantage and can take "guests" that do not have the advantage. I know that the DVC events are for members and their guests that are on the same reservation but the guests do not have to be DVC members.

btw i am a Blue card DVC member as of May this year and a Plantinum PH. I have a trip planned for September and hope to get into one of the passholder events at TL. I wouldn't mind an after hours at SWGE/HS during the same trip. talk about BONANZA !!

so if the other people in your party have the same AP how are they guests? a guest would mean that the "lead" has the advantage and can take "guests" that do not have the advantage. I know that the DVC events are for members and their guests that are on the same reservation but the guests do not have to be DVC members.

It just means when you sign up you can sign up for yourself and one other person (who qualifies and is in your friends-and-family on MDE) rather than each of you having to sign up separately

If more than two people total you will have to do multiple signups

It just means when you sign up you can sign up for yourself and one other person (who qualifies and is in your friends-and-family on MDE) rather than each of you having to sign up separately

If more than two people total you will have to do multiple signups

so hubs, and daughter also have Platinum aps. so i could choose my husband as guest but daughter would have to try on her own.

Honest question, why does Disney have to do something for DVC members?

like @gigantor1963 said.

Also, DVC makes A TON of money for Disney. Just to walk in the door of DVC (per family at least and through Disney Direct) one person would need to have purchase a Plat Plus pass for almost 10 years to equal min contract through DVC.

Disney knows that and will not neglect the DVC crowd when it comes to SWGE.

I dont think they will be included in previews but I would def put money on it there will be DVC Member only events for SWGE in the near future.

so hubs, and daughter also have Platinum aps. so i could choose my husband as guest but daughter would have to try on her own.

I interpreted it as I could make reservations for anyone with an AP linked in my account that I’m sharing all plans with. I hope so anyway. We are a family of 3 (DH, me and DS11) and we all have premier passes. DS11 doesn’t even have a MDE account. I’m hoping they aren’t going to make families only choose two people to go. When I signed up for the VIP pass holder event, I was able to register all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter