ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I have 5-day park hoppers for a May trip but we have a family trip in December. Since I can still reassign our existing tickets to the kids (and pay difference in price to new dates), I am wondering whether it is worth the time/effort to call MS to upgrade the tickets if we can purchase Sorcerer Passes online. I’d be out some money now but would save some for December trip. WWYD?

If you know you can use the tickets for a different time, I’d reassign them…don’t need to change the dates now…just do that before the May trip

This way, you can just go online on Thursday to purchase the two APs you want to get.

If you know you can use the tickets for a different time, I’d reassign them…don’t need to change the dates now…just do that before the May trip

This way, you can just go online on Thursday to purchase the two APs you want to get.
Thanks! Just need January 2024 dates to be released - trip is the end of December but we wont go to the parks until after the Sorcerer blackout dates end on 1/4/2024.

I use that Target Red Card 5% discount all the time when I need to buy something Disney or pay DVC dues. $100 savings is worth my time. However, I buy them online (e-gift cards) in the largest denomination possible ($500 I think) so I don't have to spend as much time combining them.
I just noticed they had $500. I had to do two more purchases for a bonus so will do the $500 next, makes it a lot easier!

I just noticed they had $500. I had to do two more purchases for a bonus so will do the $500 next, makes it a lot easier!
Do they have the bonus right now? I always try to buy my gift cards when they are offering the bonuses. Just be aware that if you buy several online, sometimes it may take a day before they will let you purchase more. You'll get the online ones emailed to you pretty quick after the purchase, but I think there is a limit to how many they will let you buy at time.

Our Pixie Passes coded as Entertainment on my Disney Visa. I think that is what you are asking? So the transaction did not qualify for the 6 months no interest promotion for Disney Vacation Packages.
Did you pay in full? It looks like the monthly charges are showing up on our Chase card as Utilities...

Do they have the bonus right now? I always try to buy my gift cards when they are offering the bonuses. Just be aware that if you buy several online, sometimes it may take a day before they will let you purchase more. You'll get the online ones emailed to you pretty quick after the purchase, but I think there is a limit to how many they will let you buy at time.

I got one about 5 days ago pop up for 4 purchases of $100 and get $30

It would be very very very very weird if AP are sold out before they go on sale to the general public. Imagine the uproar.
I think the whole week of early access for DVC should be safe to buy.
After they go for sale to the general public, they could sell out in hours, who knows.

Anyone hear a time for tomorrow yet? California sales are live “no earlier than 9 am” I read somewhere so do we think Florida will follow?

Did you pay in full? It looks like the monthly charges are showing up on our Chase card as Utilities...
We did the FL Resident monthly payment program. The down payment coded as entertainment, I haven't checked the monthly amount assuming it would be the same.

Might be a dumb question but reading through a couple of threads don't think this been asked or not. To purchase AP I am assuming this is a phone call into MS? Been almost 4 years since I had mine and really can't recall the process.

Might be a dumb question but reading through a couple of threads don't think this been asked or not. To purchase AP I am assuming this is a phone call into MS? Been almost 4 years since I had mine and really can't recall the process.
Previously, NEW DVC Annual Passes could be purchased online, in person at WDW or by calling MS. Renewals had to be done in person at WDW or by calling MS.

It's likely NEW DVC APs will again be sold online.

Anyone hear a time for tomorrow yet? California sales are live “no earlier than 9 am” I read somewhere so do we think Florida will follow?
I'm also wondering if we know what time ticket sales will start (not tomorrow, it's Thurs 4/13). I'm headed to the parks that day so I need to buy asap that morning!
Relate question - what's the earliest I can call the DVC member services line?

Make sure you are logged in to MDE and then click on the link in post #11. If you can see the Sorcerer pass online, then you should be able to buy online on the 13th. I am not DVC, but it may even show "Available beginning April 13, 2023."

So you have to call, wait on hold for hours, and then talk to a person that is using a website to buy tickets? Why can't you just log on to the same website yourself and skip the middle man?

It would be very very very very weird if AP are sold out before they go on sale to the general public. Imagine the uproar.
I think the whole week of early access for DVC should be safe to buy.
After they go for sale to the general public, they could sell out in hours, who knows.

The Incredi pass is not starting until the 20th, even for DVC owners. It’s only the Sorcerer Pass going on sale early…which is only DVC and FL residents.

So you have to call, wait on hold for hours, and then talk to a person that is using a website to buy tickets? Why can't you just log on to the same website yourself and skip the middle man?

They said the pass will be available for purchase online. There are who need to upgrade tickets they have purchased and there seems to be inconsistent info on whether that will require a call first.

We did the FL Resident monthly payment program. The down payment coded as entertainment, I haven't checked the monthly amount assuming it would be the same.
Interesting. It has been years since we paid the downpayment as that is only required for a new AP. Renewals are strictly monthly payment (renewal rate + tax divided by 12 months). I did double check and our monthly payments are being categorized by Chase as "Bills & Utilities". Kind of odd. You should have also been hit with your first monthly payment right away, did that also show "Entertainment"?

Interesting. It has been years since we paid the downpayment as that is only required for a new AP. Renewals are strictly monthly payment (renewal rate + tax divided by 12 months). I did double check and our monthly payments are being categorized by Chase as "Bills & Utilities". Kind of odd. You should have also been hit with your first monthly payment right away, did that also show "Entertainment"?
Yep! The monthly payment shows as Bills & Utilities. So the downpayment coded differently but neither were eligible for the 6 mo's no interest for Disney vacation packages.

Hi we are DVC Y (but also own some resale) and are currently staying onsite on points. We used to have the Gold APs but these expired during the pandemic, and as we are international visitors we didn’t renew then because the borders were closed. We are super keen to try and secure Sorcerer APs going forward, as we have 5 separate trips planned in DVC in the next 12 months. I just wanted to check how best to do this?
Am I right in thinking that we should be able to purchase new Sorcerer APs online starting April 13? If for whatever reason the Disney IT fairy doesn’t recognise us, I’m guessing that we should call member services to confirm our eligibility, and they’ll transfer us to ticketing so we can just purchase over the phone?
Thanks in advance.

Hi we are DVC Y (but also own some resale) and are currently staying onsite on points. We used to have the Gold APs but these expired during the pandemic, and as we are international visitors we didn’t renew then because the borders were closed. We are super keen to try and secure Sorcerer APs going forward, as we have 5 separate trips planned in DVC in the next 12 months. I just wanted to check how best to do this?
Am I right in thinking that we should be able to purchase new Sorcerer APs online starting April 13?
I'd go to MS on April 13. You might be able to apply the tickets you are currently using.

I'd either go AK or Disney Springs.

If you don't have current tickets, I'd try to do it online. It might work, but Disney IT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter