Annual pass replaced with Membership for DL and AP returning by October

What do you think the chances are if we wait until we are there and talk with GS, they would spread some pixie dust let us keep them?
Maybe just ask to upgrade one ticket the first day, and ask pleasantly if the park reservations for that one person could be retained to match the rest of the party. Maybe then they’d offer to do all the tickets at once and keep the park passes for all. In any case, all you need is one AP for parking, MM, and discounts, so you could upgrade the remainder at the end of the trip.

Maybe just ask to upgrade one ticket the first day, and ask pleasantly if the park reservations for that one person could be retained to match the rest of the party. Maybe then they’d offer to do all the tickets at once and keep the park passes for all. In any case, all you need is one AP for parking, MM, and discounts, so you could upgrade the remainder at the end of the trip.
Thats a great point! Thank you!

I heard somewhere that more info is supposed to be released this month. Maybe on August 16th when everyone was speculating that APs would return?
Hopefully the Florida resident tickets are "good" untill September 17th so my guess was around that date. They said the announcement would come later this month.

Go you your MDE app and select the + symbol in the bottom middle then select 'Buy Tickets and Passes.' Let's speculate what this means for pricing once the passes are available. I'm seeing a starting price of $849

Edit: I am a non-FL resident with no existing passes.

Last edited:
Go you your MDE app and select the + symbol in the bottom middle then select 'Buy Tickets and Passes.' Let's speculate what this means for pricing once the passes are available. I'm seeing a starting price of $849

I know this is making the rounds across the internet today for some reason, but it's been there at that price for a long time.....well back into last year that I know of personally.

I got the same thing. Clicked on "Buy Tickets and Passes" and got the following:

"Theme Park Tickets
Explore 4 unique theme parks
Starting price per ticket (Ages 10+) before tax $109.00 >

Annual Passes
Enjoy admission, discounts, and other Passholder perks throughout the year.
Staring price (Ages 3+ before tax $849.00 >

Special Event Tickets
Experience seasonal events and magical moments. >
"

When I clicked on Annual Passes, it told me the following:

"Sorry, Annual Passes cannot be purchased on the app at this time." and gave me a box labeled "Buy Annual Passes at Disneyworld.com" Which of course pops you onto the main Reopening Page.

I got the same thing. Clicked on "Buy Tickets and Passes" and got the following:

"Theme Park Tickets
Explore 4 unique theme parks
Starting price per ticket (Ages 10+) before tax $109.00 >

Annual Passes
Enjoy admission, discounts, and other Passholder perks throughout the year.
Staring price (Ages 3+ before tax $849.00 >

Special Event Tickets
Experience seasonal events and magical moments. >
"

When I clicked on Annual Passes, it told me the following:

"Sorry, Annual Passes cannot be purchased on the app at this time." and gave me a box labeled "Buy Annual Passes at Disneyworld.com" Which of course pops you onto the main Reopening Page.

Unfortunately, it's said this (at least in my app) for a majority of the time that APs have not been available. I wish it was not the case. Hopefully we will know soon.

Hoping and praying that we'll have an option to upgrade to AP when I go in a month. We'll be there in exactly one month from tomorrow. My sister just moved right by the parks and staying with her and having an AP sounds pretty freaking nice right now <3

The suspense is killing me!!! Do Chapek and crew understand that they have throngs of uber fans desperate to spend money (...of course they do). Stop the torture, let us spend money

I really wanted it to tag along in todays announcements... sadly still have to wait.

AND is there going to be an option to have a annual genie upgrade or will I gave to buy it every time, that would get expensive.

I really wanted it to tag along in todays announcements... sadly still have to wait.

AND is there going to be an option to have a annual genie upgrade or will I gave to buy it every time, that would get expensive.

Absolutely. This New FP system is very similar to Disneyland‘s max pass bar the pay per ride option. I always added the max pass to my AP (forgot how much extra it cost). Now that I live next WDW I will definitely be adding Genie+ to my pass unless it’s a insane amount more.

I also think that them unveiling the new FP system will mean it won’t be much longer until they start selling new AP’s

Absolutely. This New FP system is very similar to Disneyland‘s max pass bar the pay per ride option. I always added the max pass to my AP (forgot how much extra it cost). Now that I live next WDW I will definitely be adding Genie+ to my pass unless it’s a insane amount more.

I also think that them unveiling the new FP system will mean it won’t be much longer until they start selling new AP’s
I'm hoping by the end of the month, I have money sitting in my account. It's so hard i want to go..
Especially when I'm reading this week it's been so easy to get on ROTR. Its killing me.
If I spend the money and buy tickets then I wont have the down payment for the APs

Good morning all, hoping to hear an update soon from Disney about the sale of AP. We have a trip booked in September but have been holding out to see if we could get an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter