Annual pass purchase/activation?

tnbethie

Earning My Ears
I have 2 questions regarding annual passes for our upcoming trip.

We are driving on Tuesday (Jan 1) and hope to arrive around 6-7PM. We will be staying offsite with early entry.

1. Would it be better (or cheaper!) to purchase our passes online before we go?

2. Can we purchase or activate passes at Citywalk on Tuesday evening so that we can just go on into the park early on Wednesday?

Thank you for your help! We are excited about our very first trip to Universal!

Beth (and 3 excited teenagers!)
:jumping1:

Where are you staying that is giving you early admission without having to purchase a package through Universal?

Normally, to get early admission, you must either stay onsite, or purchase a package through Universal that includes your tickets.

1. Would it be better (or cheaper!) to purchase our passes online before we go?

2. Can we purchase or activate passes at Citywalk on Tuesday evening so that we can just go on into the park early on Wednesday?
If you purchase the AP ahead of time and choose Will Call pickup, you can go directly to the kiosks and with the credit card used and confirmation number for the order, the tickets will print out. Then you would be able to go directly to the gates where the AP will be activated. If you don't have tickets in hand, you'll have to wait in the ticket lines and then wait in the entrance lines...you'll waste a lot of time.

To my knowledge, you cannot active any tickets at CityWalk...only at the parks.

OP, if you do as Metro West stated, you can use the kiosks that are near the guest services outside of the park to retrieve your AP's/tickets.

Thank you for your responses! And, yes, Damo, you are correct. Someone else made my reservations and we were told that we would have early entry, but we actually will not. We did not purchase a package. We will still have a great trip although we were looking forward to arriving before the crowds!
Again, thanks for your responses!
~~Beth

Thank you for your responses! And, yes, Damo, you are correct. Someone else made my reservations and we were told that we would have early entry, but we actually will not. We did not purchase a package. We will still have a great trip although we were looking forward to arriving before the crowds!
Again, thanks for your responses!
~~Beth

There is often a misconception that partner hotels all give early admission and I wanted to make sure that you were really sure whether you got it or not.

Just arrive about half an hour before opening time, as you will be let in at least 15 minutes early. I would actually head to the major rides outside of Wizarding World and do them first.

Do Wizarding World later in the day or in the evening if it is open. It is really magical in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter