Annual pass prices

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Planning to purchase a DVC annual pass for trips beginning in July. I don’t know when they last went up but curious as to whether another price increase is anticipated in the coming months? Also, does anyone know when prices last increased for the non-DVC AP’s? Finally, any chance of any AP DVC specials like they did about a year ago? (Wishful thinking I know )

I'd be very pleasantly surprised to see a really good pass special right now. THe parks are going to be busy with the opening of Star Wars, Toy Story Land , and the relative newness of Avatar...there is probably no need to offer further discounts above matching the Florida Resident pricing.

No one knows for sure, but there could be another increase in February. Historically, that has happened before. A couple of years ago Disney raised AP prices twice in a calendar year - February and October.

Hi all,

Planning to purchase a DVC annual pass for trips beginning in July. I don’t know when they last went up but curious as to whether another price increase is anticipated in the coming months? Also, does anyone know when prices last increased for the non-DVC AP’s? Finally, any chance of any AP DVC specials like they did about a year ago? (Wishful thinking I know )
Prices went up twice this year - the usual February, then again when the date based pricing went into effect (Oct?). I would anticipate February again for AP’s and as you are guessing, no special deals. I’m not sure if the non-DVC AP’s went up twice this year, but as the DVC passes did I’m assuming so.

Yes...I just called DVC about annual pass renewal pricing - no real specials except for the regular DVC discount - disappointing

I plan on getting mine in January for my late April trip. Typically you hear rumors a couple days before but the October increase came without warning.

The regular DVC discount for new AP's was increased to $145 in October, I think it was $100 before.

Do you ever go the 2 weeks around Easter or Christmas? If not, the Gold AP is a great deal, only available to FL Residents and DVC Members. Almost $300 off compared to a non-member Platinum Pass.

I plan on getting mine in January for my late April trip. Typically you hear rumors a couple days before but the October increase came without warning.

The regular DVC discount for new AP's was increased to $145 in October, I think it was $100 before.

Do you ever go the 2 weeks around Easter or Christmas? If not, the Gold AP is a great deal, only available to FL Residents and DVC Members.

I agree. I think we paid $404 for Gold DVC AP. Not sure but know it was less than two four day tickets since I plan on going January and September.

Wait, no, am not there at Easter or Christmas..you mean I don’t have to pay the $749?! Much more reasonable. Can I buy for family members at same address? Where do I purchase? Didn’t see it offered on WDW ticket page even though I signed in as DVC member.

Here are all your options with DVC discount. You may purchase at guest services or call MS. You may purchase for family at same address.

FOR DVC MEMBERS ONLY
Ticket: All Guests Blockout Dates

DVC Member Gold Annual Pass $609.00 All Ages $648.59 w/tax (1)

DVC Member Gold Annual Pass Renewal $517.00 All Ages $550.61 w/tax (1)

DVC Member Platinum Annual Pass $749.00 All Ages $797.69 w/tax none

DVC Member Platinum Annual Pass Renewal $636.00 All Ages $677.34 w/tax none

DVC Member Platinum Plus Annual $849.00 All Ages $904.19 w/tax none

DVC Member Platinum Plus Annual Renewal $721.00 All Ages $767.87 w/tax none

DVC Member Annual Pass Blockout Dates (through Nov 2019):
(1) = December 20, 2018 to January 3, 2019; April 13 to 26, 2019

Wait, no, am not there at Easter or Christmas..you mean I don’t have to pay the $749?! Much more reasonable. Can I buy for family members at same address? Where do I purchase? Didn’t see it offered on WDW ticket page even though I signed in as DVC member.

Yes, it's the same as Platinum except it is blacked out around Easter and Christmas.
  1. The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: March 24 ‒ April 6, 2018; December 20 – 31, 2018; January 1 – 3, 2019; and April 13 – 26, 2019.

Online, click on Purchase Here and then there is a second signon at the top of the page (by the tag with the $).

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Did find on the WDW website, but don’t see any language
Here are all your options with DVC discount. You may purchase at guest services or call MS. You may purchase for family at same address.

FOR DVC MEMBERS ONLY

Thank you!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but had a question about DVC renewals as well. Our family purchased the Plat plus passes, that will expire mid-January 2019. The only other planned trip that year (after Jan) was a food/wine trip for myself and DH, so we bought 5 day passes through UT prior to system/date changes. Since then we've planned a few quick weekend trips, which we have days left from an old no-expire pass, but am considering renewing now. I understand the renewal price for gold is ~$550/pass. I would love to know if anyone has bridged the old tickets yet and what amount of credit they are being given towards renewal. I like to have the amount (in advance) that I will be charged, due to having been given wrong information from CMs in the past.

You're right, $500 was before the October increase.

We purchased before the October increase and remember it was a savings with just two trips. This is only my second time with an AP, both times purchased with DVC.

FOR DVC MEMBERS ONLY

Thanks for the info

You need to have the BLUE card to get these prices, resale buyers after the restriction went in place are no longer "real members" according to DVC.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but had a question about DVC renewals as well. Our family purchased the Plat plus passes, that will expire mid-January 2019. The only other planned trip that year (after Jan) was a food/wine trip for myself and DH, so we bought 5 day passes through UT prior to system/date changes. Since then we've planned a few quick weekend trips, which we have days left from an old no-expire pass, but am considering renewing now. I understand the renewal price for gold is ~$550/pass. I would love to know if anyone has bridged the old tickets yet and what amount of credit they are being given towards renewal. I like to have the amount (in advance) that I will be charged, due to having been given wrong information from CMs in the past.

At the bottom of post #1 in this thread it gives links to locate what the value of your tickets will be: https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter