Annual pass discounts?

This is exactly what I am planning do next month. Renew our gold APs and use MYW tickets towards the cost of the renewal. I am not using the tickets first because our APs do not expire until a few days after our trip ends. I hope we get a CM who can do the quick upgrade for us. Will report back after our trip.

I'm curious how you made out? I'm planning on buying 10 day park hopper from AAA. In addition, we get a small employee discount on top of AAA price, 3 or 4%. Plan is to use ticket first day enter park, go to window to upgrade to AP and pay with Disney gift card that was purchased from target 5% discount. Fingers cross this all works.

In December I bought a Park Savers discounted ticket and price bridged to AP at Disney Springs the night before going to the park (so I hadn't used it yet). But I recommend knowing exactly how much you'll be paying (the price difference including tax) because the CM calculated it from the price I paid until I asked her about bridging (I forget exactly what I said) and she immediately corrected it and applied the gate price.

Whatever happens, don't make a big deal out of it. If a CM doesn't give you the correct price, you can just "change your mind" and walk away, then try a CM at guest services somewhere else. It just seems not all CMs know how to do it correctly.

I'm curious how you made out? I'm planning on buying 10 day park hopper from AAA. In addition, we get a small employee discount on top of AAA price, 3 or 4%. Plan is to use ticket first day enter park, go to window to upgrade to AP and pay with Disney gift card that was purchased from target 5% discount. Fingers cross this all works.

This is an old thread that you are seeking help in!!

I don't think AAA sells discounted tickets for Disney anymore, or are affiliated with them now. I 'do' know they no longer give discounts for FW campsites.

I actually had a slight change in plans with this but it worked out well. I let my current AP's expire in November, but when I was a WDW in November I brought my 7 day tix that I bought from UT and used them to buy new AP certificates which I then activated when I went back in March 2017. There was a promotion going on to get 13 months instead of 12 months with AP's. So, I will be able to use those AP's for 3 trips because of it. I was able to get the gate value of the tickets applied to the AP's no problem. Good luck with yours.

It's worth noting that since the ticket price change in February that bridging and upgrading has been a bit more complicated and depends on the CM you get. There is a separate Ticketing thread that's you might want to review. Also, the 13 month AP is no longer offered, unless you are renewing through October, I believe.

It's worth noting that since the ticket price change in February that bridging and upgrading has been a bit more complicated and depends on the CM you get. There is a separate Ticketing thread that's you might want to review. Also, the 13 month AP is no longer offered, unless you are renewing through October, I believe.
Yes, this is true, because they will only bridge tickets based on the gate price in February and not on any increases moving forward. I was just saying that one of the reasons I didn't renew my AP and bought new ones was because of the 13 month AP deal ( I realized I would be able to get 3 trips out of on AP so it was worth it to buy new and not renew in my case) - which you are correct is no longer offered unless it is someone renewing a current AP through September or October like you said.

Yes, this is true, because they will only bridge tickets based on the gate price in February and not on any increases moving forward. I was just saying that one of the reasons I didn't renew my AP and bought new ones was because of the 13 month AP deal ( I realized I would be able to get 3 trips out of on AP so it was worth it to buy new and not renew in my case) - which you are correct is no longer offered unless it is someone renewing a current AP through September or October like you said.
Not entirely true. I was able to bridge to current gate 2 weeks ago with my 2016 tickets. You do have to find the right CM or hope for some pixie dust, as this was my 5th attempt at upgrading since the ticket increase this year.

Not entirely true. I was able to bridge to current gate 2 weeks ago with my 2016 tickets. You do have to find the right CM or hope for some pixie dust, as this was my 5th attempt at upgrading since the ticket increase this year.
You are lucky! But, I haven't been researching it lately since my current AP's are good until April 2018. From what I did read and understood - you would not get any more than what the ticket was worth in Feb 2017 - so if you got what it was worth two weeks ago that was definitely a bonus!

You are lucky! But, I haven't been researching it lately since my current AP's are good until April 2018. From what I did read and understood - you would not get any more than what the ticket was worth in Feb 2017 - so if you got what it was worth two weeks ago that was definitely a bonus!
It definitely depends on the CM. Like I said, it took 5 tries. THe first four all told me it wasn't possible (all attempts were at different parks and back in Feb). The CM 2 weeks ago did the bridge no problem. Don't understand why it was so easily this last time.

I actually had a slight change in plans with this but it worked out well. I let my current AP's expire in November, but when I was a WDW in November I brought my 7 day tix that I bought from UT and used them to buy new AP certificates which I then activated when I went back in March 2017. There was a promotion going on to get 13 months instead of 12 months with AP's. So, I will be able to use those AP's for 3 trips because of it. I was able to get the gate value of the tickets applied to the AP's no problem. Good luck with yours.

So you used your discounted 7 day tickets to purchase an AP voucher. But, you were entering the park in November using the AP that was expiring in November, correct? Not the 7 day discounted ticket.

I have a quick question for you guys, I need some help. I bought a 10 day park hopper ticket for my wife and I what would it cost for us to convert those the two annual passes?

I have a quick question for you guys, I need some help. I bought a 10 day park hopper ticket for my wife and I what would it cost for us to convert those the two annual passes?

I would suggest going to the Ticketing thread on DIS. There is a helpful person on there. You will need to provide more info as to when you bought the tickets and what type of AP you are looking to get.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/page-81#post-57664776

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter