Annual Pass $99 Renewal Question

Jon360

Mouseketeer
My pass expires in March but I don't plan to be back until June/July. If I buy the renewal voucher for $99 now, can it be exchanged in the summer for a new AP? Or does the clock start ticking in March when my current AP expires?

Let me know if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,
-Jon

No, I believe you must redeem the voucher by the end of February to get the $99 offer. At least for the AAA deal you do.

Rocketman...the AAA deal is separate from the renewal deal and I was told by annual pass guest services (online) that you can buy renewal vouchers - for the $99 rate and the vouchers do not expire...It was even suggested that I could buy more than one and sort of "stock" up...tho we joked that "she didn't say that"! :D

I think, too, that someone here reported that they got renewal vouchers and there was definitely not an expiration date on them.

Karen

OK, I am getting the AAA thing, so I just assumed that it was the same. Thanks for clearing that up!

NO problem...I think they are trying to "match" AAA's deal, so current AP holders don't feel like they got ripped off...and it wouldn't work out if there was an expiration date for redeeming the vouchers cuz then people like me (expires in Aug.) would be out of the deal!

Don't even get me started on Disney's extra 100 days for FL residents who either renew or purchase new passes....during a certain 3 month period or whatever it is....naturally, I don't fit into that timeframe, you can ONLY renew within 30 days of your expiration date...so people like me (late July exp. date) miss out on over 3 free months!!! BAD, Disney!!!

Karen

i found the best way to get the renewal pass is to call the number. The lady asked me for the long number on the bottom of my pass and asked how many i wanted at 99 plus tax. they arrived at the house in three days :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks for the helpful info ever helpful MIB!

bumping

I don't think the original question was answered.

Does the renewal start when the voucher is turned in, or when the old AP expires?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!