annual pass 20% discount expiration

Kind of off-topic but since the merchandise discount has been discussed...

The only issue I can foresee with me having an AP and her having regular tickets is the merchandise discounts. Would I have to pay for all of her purchases with my own credit card in order for her to get the merch discount, or would I be able to show my AP then have her pay with her own credit card?
The discount is for the passholder so you should plan on being the one who will have to pay for any merchandise. Some CMs might let your wife use her credit card, but others will adhere to the rules and you will have to pay. She could buy a gift card and give it to you in advance to use whenever a CM asks you to pay.

Just got back today; and have several observations. We have the Premier AP that works in DLR and WDW.

Arrived Sun 12/24 and AP discount honored at Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary & believe discount was 15%

Inquired at every opportunity for AP discount, including at Disney Springs. Sprinkles was a no, but Raglan Road and Earl of Sandwich was yes.

On Tuesday 12/26, cashier at Captain Cook's at Poly said no AP discount was available and "it stopped on Saturday."

Biggest gripe here: On Wednesday 12/27, cashier at Be Our Guest said no AP discount available during breakfast, but it was available during dinner... WHAT? She said it was because breakfast was counter service. So what . . . It was over $200 for 8 people for breakfast and a discount would have been nice.

Received merchandise discount everywhere - at Contemporary, parks, Disney Springs shops (even the Lego store) all week.

Wish they were consistent!

Just got back today; and have several observations. We have the Premier AP that works in DLR and WDW.

Arrived Sun 12/24 and AP discount honored at Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary & believe discount was 15%

Inquired at every opportunity for AP discount, including at Disney Springs. Sprinkles was a no, but Raglan Road and Earl of Sandwich was yes.

On Tuesday 12/26, cashier at Captain Cook's at Poly said no AP discount was available and "it stopped on Saturday."

Biggest gripe here: On Wednesday 12/27, cashier at Be Our Guest said no AP discount available during breakfast, but it was available during dinner... WHAT? She said it was because breakfast was counter service. So what . . . It was over $200 for 8 people for breakfast and a discount would have been nice.

Received merchandise discount everywhere - at Contemporary, parks, Disney Springs shops (even the Lego store) all week.

They are pretty consistent, according to the restaurants listed as AP discounted. If you look in the book they give you, or online, it says BOG discount is only for dinner. Some park/resort CS places were included with the extra discounts, but that has expired. Sounds like your Contempo Cafe one was a bonus for you! Most DS restaurants do have AP discounts. Sprinkles is listed as having one before 3 PM, which I think is odd.

Last edited:

The discount is for the passholder so you should plan on being the one who will have to pay for any merchandise. Some CMs might let your wife use her credit card, but others will adhere to the rules and you will have to pay. She could buy a gift card and give it to you in advance to use whenever a CM asks you to pay.

Using a gift card is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Not sure why it makes you wonder about the merchandise discount... they have already updated information on the dining discount. With respect to dining: After tomorrow, APs get 10% off dining at (select) TS restaurants.

When they extended the 45th Anniversary dining promo (20% off discount) on select dining (from October 2017 to 12/23/17), at that time they changed the wording on their website that the 20% off merchandise no longer had an expiration date.

Of course, this can all change whenever they want, but for now, 20% off merchandise is not set to expire.

Is there anywhere that lists which restaurants are participating in the dining promo after tomorrow?

I was surprised to ge the 20%? Electric Umbrella discount yesterday (the 29th) and the Contempo Cafe discount on the 28th. In both cases it was the cashier CM asking me if I had an AP..and I was happy to say yes!

Not really a need for the 2 step. Her handing you a CC works exactly the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter