Annual Dues Auto-Pay

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
Since joining DVC, I have been enrolled in the monthly auto-pay program for Annual Dues. It has automatically resumed year after year without me doing anything. Today's email seems to imply that I need to register to auto-pay this year's dues. Can anyone confirm?

I can't confirm - as this will be my second year but I interpreted the email in the same way.

Since joining DVC, I have been enrolled in the monthly auto-pay program for Annual Dues. It has automatically resumed year after year without me doing anything. Today's email seems to imply that I need to register to auto-pay this year's dues. Can anyone confirm?
I’m glad you said this I didn’t really read the email too closely. Of course now I try to click on the link and it says website down!

I also read the email the same way...can't get into my account currently to check, due to routine maintenance (what an odd time of day to do website maintenance)

Forced maintenance because the DVC email drove thousands of owners to the site at the same time crashing the site.

If nothing has changed re your account from which the payments are withdrawn, I very much doubt you need to re-register or actually do anything.. You're already set up. Doesn't make sense that they want you to re-register and I do not interpret the email in that manner. If you are worried about it, call Member Accounting.

Is the auto-pay only for FL residents?

Auto-pay of dues, which consists of providing DVC with a checking account number from which it can make automatic monthly withdrawals of dues, is available to any member who has a US bank checking account that can be used for that purpose.

I do not construe the notice as requiring reapplication for auto-pay if you already have it. To assume that was intended means DVC stupidly decided to spend a huge amount of money dealing with likely over a hundred thousand auto-pay applications from members who already have auto-pay, and do all the work necessary for that within about three weeks.

Last edited:
Auto-pay of dues, which consists of providing DVC with a checking account number from which it can make automatic monthly withdrawals of dues, is available to any applicant whose parents have a US bank checking account that can be used for that purpose.

I do not construe the notice as requiring reapplication for auto-pay if you already have it. To assume that was intended means DVC stupidly decided to spend a huge amount of money dealing with likely over a hundred thousand auto-pay applications from members who already have auto-pay, and do all the work necessary for that within about two weeks.
Wow. I'm tired. I am set up for auto-pay for dues. For some reason, I thought this was a payment plan for an annual PASS. Please ignore me.

Auto-pay of dues, which consists of providing DVC with a checking account number from which it can make automatic monthly withdrawals of dues, is available to any applicant whose parents have a US bank checking account that can be used for that purpose.

I do not construe the notice as requiring reapplication for auto-pay if you already have it. To assume that was intended means DVC stupidly decided to spend a huge amount of money dealing with likely over a hundred thousand auto-pay applications from members who already have auto-pay, and do all the work necessary for that within about three weeks.

Why would my parents have to have an account?

Okay ...just playing on an obvious auto correct or something. I believe what was meant to be said was that if you are an owner/member and you have a US bank account, you can have the dues debited monthly. Mine has carried over since 2000, and I doubt it's changed without some kind of notice. I haven't stopped it as it is convenient.

Have reviewed my info on new dues statements on the DVC site. It shows that my next auto-pay is scheduled for Jan 15, 2020. Thus, there is nothing one has to do to renew.

Are there any additional "convenience fees" for using the Auto-pay? I am hoping the monthly sum is simply the annual dues total divided by 12.

Are there any additional "convenience fees" for using the Auto-pay? I am hoping the monthly sum is simply the annual dues total divided by 12.

No fees - for years I paid in one payment because I assumed a convenience fee - then I discovered they just take the annual amount and divided by 12. Been auto-pay for dues ever since.

I went on to check mine today and it was still all in place from last years dues. The only thing i needed to update was for the new contract I bought this year. Each contract has to have auto pay set up for it.
Thanks for sharing!

No fees - for years I paid in one payment because I assumed a convenience fee - then I discovered they just take the annual amount and divided by 12. Been auto-pay for dues ever since.
this is awesome. i always do the one up front payment in January. So going forward if I set up the auto-pay it just debits my bank account monthly ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter