Animal Kingdom - which attractions have snakes?

No one has a snake phobia worse than my wife, but we have gone to Disney around 50 times in the past 20 years and haven’t seen one. We have seen armadillos, though.
Consider your wife extremely fortunate. I'd never seen a snake up close at BCV until I took Mom to WDW-Mom had the biggest snake fear I've ever met. One night there was a snake waiting to greet our bus as we returned-it was right at the foot of the stairs as you get off the bus, the deadly:) garden snake. One woman screamed a non-disney word as she got off the bus! Finally the bus driver stepped off the bus, picked up the snake and tossed it off in the grass. I bet he had quite a chuckle back at the bus barn about the screaming, obscenity yelling women and the little snake.

It is surprising how many don't know that snakes (and alligators) can climb, and book accordingly thinking they are safe. ;)
The chance of being harmed by either of those at WDW or anywhere else ranges from extremely low to non-existent. Your chances of even seeing one of those is extremely low or non-existent.

The chance of being harmed by either of those at WDW or anywhere else ranges from extremely low to non-existent. Your chances of even seeing one of those is extremely low or non-existent.
Hmmm, I've seen at least one snake and one gator on every single trip I've taken to WDW in the past 25+ years. I think some people are just oblivious about their surroundings.

OK, snakes maybe not really a threat, however, I seem to remember a child being killed a few years ago by an alligator. That being the reason that all the beaches at the resorts are now fenced off keeping people away from the water. Yes, the odds are slim, but still something to be highly alert.

We saw a snake after riding FoP - just before the gift shop. We've also seen a few around the All Star resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter