Animal Kingdom - which attractions have snakes?

Ok I GET THIS. I won't even stay on the ground floor of hotels in Florida because of those legless bastards!
What??? Oh no. I just requested ground floor which is usually our preference other places. Need to change it asap. I didn’t know there were snake sightings at WDW resort hotels.

What??? Oh no. I just requested ground floor which is usually our preference other places. Need to change it asap. I didn’t know there were snake sightings at WDW resort hotels.
You do know that snakes have no issue with climbing. 🐍

Snakes are as scared of you as you are them. Stay out of the grass and bushes and you'll be fine. Request what you want and just keep your door closed.

1685314872982.jpeg

images

images

You do know that snakes have no issue with climbing. 🐍

Snakes are as scared of you as you are them. Stay out of the grass and bushes and you'll be fine. Request what you want and just keep your door closed.

View attachment 763722

images

images
We have tons of snakes in Central Texas so I know they climb. I actually just found one outside my garage 30 minutes ago. I was goofing around with my last response. Although I do love to sit on the patio and would hate to find a critter out there.

From someone terrified of snakes, wondering which Animal Kingdom attractions have snakes and if it is easy to avoid seeing them or to take another route to avoid seeing them but still be able to go to the attraction. Thanks!
My mom is terrified of snakes. The only time we have seen one in the wild there was in 2008 at POFQ.

She has no issues at AK. At AK, they have some in a little building along the walking paths but its very easy to pass by. Also, there is an animated snake in the 'Its Tough To Be a Bug' 3D movie/show in the tree of life. She tolerates the cartoon snake, but it is definitely her least favorite part.

We have tons of snakes in Central Texas so I know they climb. I actually just found one outside my garage 30 minutes ago. I was goofing around with my last response. Although I do love to sit on the patio and would hate to find a critter out there.
It is surprising how many don't know that snakes (and alligators) can climb, and book accordingly thinking they are safe. ;)

Last edited:
Had a snake in the lazy river with us at Blizzard Beach once! I've seen at least one snake (and bunnies, turtles, gators) on every trip, and we've been going for 27 years.

I remember sitting by the pool at RPR (Universal) and saw a huge pile of them all intertwined in the short bushes. I went and found a TM and quickly moved our seats……..:oops:

been years but walked past a double stroller left outside a room to see a snake in the basket under stroller. and yes it was real as it moved as we walked past

This is why I won't ever move to Florida!
There isn't a place in the country that doesn't have some snakes. In spite of that you hardly ever see one. When I lived in Vermont the primary species was the common grass snake. Harmless to people. My wife left one of our basement windows slightly open and I found one coiled up on the basement floor. I found it the same evening that was the night before my daughters wedding. She had her complete entourage upstairs for the night. I found it and had to kill it and dispose of it without them finding out about it. I did!

I remember heading out for a trip to WDW one year when there was a lot of flooding and it was reported that thousands of snakes were being forced out of there ground tunnels making it one of the least desired trips to Florida of my wife and two girls. We went anyway and never saw a single snake our entire trip. I did see two swimming in the mote at Cinderella Castle once. But other than that none in all my years.

I've now lived in NC for 12 years, a place that I heard had many Copperheads. I've yet to see one.

Last edited:
been years but walked past a double stroller left outside a room to see a snake in the basket under stroller. and yes it was real as it moved as we walked past
Yep, years ago when the kids were little, one of those little black snakes slithered out of the bushes right next to where I was parking our stroller in AK. Check those stroller baskets before taking them inside your resort room.

We also had to vacate the SOG pool for a good hour while the staff fished one out.

We've only ever seen them in the wild at Disney. Last year there was one at Typhoon Lagoon where our chairs were. We've also seen them at the grounds at Pop twice before, and once on the Poly grounds. Honestly, I'm not sure if we've seen more. I don't like seeing them either, but we've yet to have an encounter that's scarred us.

I am imagining the conversations among snakes with people phobia!

There isn't a place in the country that doesn't have some snakes. In spite of that you hardly ever see one. When I lived in Vermont the primary species was the common grass snake. Harmless to people. My wife left one of our basement windows slightly open and I found one coiled up on the basement floor. I found it the same evening that was the night before my daughters wedding. She had her complete entourage upstairs for the night. I found it and had to kill it and dispose of it without them finding out about it. I did!

I remember heading out for a trip to WDW one year when there was a lot of flooding and it was reported that thousands of snakes were being forced out of there ground tunnels making it one of the least desired trips to Florida of my wife and two girls. We went anyway and never saw a single snake our entire trip. I did see two swimming in the mote at Cinderella Castle once. But other than that none in all my years.

I've now lived in NC for 12 years, a place that I heard had many Copperheads. I've yet to see one.

That's what I always tell my mom, who is afraid of them. I say, "If there's grass, there's snakes." That means my yard, her yard, any yard, park, etc. If you are in Florida you can double it! They are around all the time, and yet, she's never been attacked by one and rarely even sees them.

That's what I always tell my mom, who is afraid of them. I say, "If there's grass, there's snakes." That means my yard, her yard, any yard, park, etc. If you are in Florida you can double it! They are around all the time, and yet, she's never been attacked by one and rarely even sees them.
Reminds me of a story... My wife and I were looking for a house with land. She had a horse and we needed a place that had some open land. We arrived at the house which was an old farm house with a foundation of what used to be a barn just a few feet away from the house. The pasture was a short walk up a hill to a fairly large opening. My wife was petrified of snakes and as we were walking up the grassy trail I happened to look down, fortunately she didn't. Every step we took generated a burst of grass snakes all heading in a starburst directions. There most have been close to a thousand that I saw and it was the same as we returned to the house. I ventured over toward the barn foundation and it was like an Indiana Jones movie, except with non-dangerous snakes. If she had seen them at any point in time I feel certain that I would have had to carry her back to the car. I suppose I don't have to tell you that once I told her, it was a solid pass on that location. Why does it always have to be snakes?

No one has a snake phobia worse than my wife, but we have gone to Disney around 50 times in the past 20 years and haven’t seen one. We have seen armadillos, though.

Lived in Arizona for years. Nothing like coming upon a big old Diamond Back rattler on the trail. They will let you know they are around with the rattle. Never had one bite me. I give them plenty of room and get out of their way and all is good.

Ok I GET THIS. I won't even stay on the ground floor of hotels in Florida because of those legless bastards! From what I recall, you actually have to go out of your way to find them. In a couple of the pass-through buildings on the trails, there are small exhibits (aquariums, etc) that have them. Easy to avoid! Just don't look in any of the glass cases. I don't have any trouble at Animal Kingdom, and my snake fear is about level 11. Enjoy!
SAME...I NEVER stay ground level! EVER! My biggest fear is snakes! LOL

It is surprising how many don't know that snakes (and alligators) can climb, and book accordingly thinking they are safe. ;)
lol and that they'll just jump out of trees too! Just fall right out and land with a plop! The ones on my hunting land like to aim for people, so as to break their fall I guess. (The snakes to clarify, never seen the walking dinosaurs do that!)
I think it's hilarious to see ones that are big bouncing on the thinnest branch right at eye level (my mom does not agree with me).

Last year we were at EPCOT enjoying the Japanese gardens when a custodial looking gentleman came up to the railing right next to DH. Without even a moment of hesitation, he pulled out his snake ”fork“ and grabs a black racer 6“ in front of DH’s feet. Bagged it and walked away. 😳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter