Angelrose's Journey

Angelrose, I can't believe it's been 7 years, as others have said, I know your Ron has been watching over you all this time. I have enjoyed hearing your stories of your family your grandkids as they grow.

4nana, sorry to hear about your husband, thank goodness he is recovering so well, I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you rndmr2. Ron would have been 81 on the 24th. I do feel him at times. So I know he is still watching over me.

Zoey got her cast off today and got a boot. Now she can swim which I know she has missed. She will be getting pt 3 times a week for a month, so that should help her a lot. I am so happy this is over and she can start to enjoy her summer.

Oh my, I have missed a lot. So sorry 4Nana, hope things are continuing to improve. Angel, glad Zoey is doing well.
Minnie, hope your brother is improving as well.

Just wanted to come on and wish everyone a Happy and SAFE 4th of July!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hello my friends. Zoey is doing well using her boot and is walking almost normal with it on. Jesse is enjoying summer camp and swimming.

I have been swimming an hour every day and enjoying it. Last week, my pinky and ring finger on my left hand got numb and my right elbow didn't have free motion. I couldn't even brush my hair. So back to Rothman I go. He took an X ray of my elbow and found I have some arthritis there. Hell, I have arthritis everywhere. But he gave me a shot and today it's almost back to normal. I can straighten it almost as well as my left.

Now on Sunday I get an MRI of my spine to see what is going on. Why am I falling apart like this? I'm beginning to think it's because of the Boniva I've been taking. I don't know why I think that but it's as good an excuse as any I guess. LOL

On a brighter note, We have our tickets for the Halloween party and parade for October at Disney and Karen also got our seats on the plane for both October and December. It's getting closer! 80 days and counting!

I know why my toes are numb. The little hole in my spine where the nerves go through is all squashed down. Nothing they can do about that except clone a new body. I'm working on that. The two fingers that are numb is because I've stretched the ulna nerve by leaning on my elbow on this hard desk. I go to another doctor at Rothman in a couple of weeks to take some kind of eletric shock test. If smoke comes out my ears, I'll know he hit the wrong button. LOL

My old laptop finally died. I got it second hand from Karen when my desk top died. It's about 10 years old, so it doesn't owe anyone anything. Now I have a brand new Acer laptop. Chuck formatted it all for me and today I brought my old one over and he transferred all my files over and then followed me home to set it up here in my room. It's so much thinner than my old one and so fast. I really love it. Oh yes and it's completely wireless.

68 days and counting.

Well, I guess it's good to get answers regarding your health, even when it's something you don't want to hear. Here's to hoping you can keep things from getting any worse.

We had a huge scare on Thursday. My oldest sister was in an auto accident - her car landed on its roof. She doesn't remember what happened, so they're thinking she blacked out & crashed. She doesn't even know if any other cars were involved. She was on a freeway or the approach to a bridge. So she can't drive until they determine why she crashed. She lives alone (with her dog). She has some great neighbors who will help her out & I will when I can. We retrieved stuff from her car on Friday & it was scary looking. Her only injury appears to be from the seatbelt.

Our family has been pretty banged up. The sis just a little older than me had a knee replacement 2 weeks ago. The brother who had the triple by-pass is doing real well. We're in the process of moving our youngest brother (he had a traumatic brain injury 30 years ago) from one mobile home to a 55+ park. It's taking too long!

We have our NY trip planned to see our younger son and his family Sept. 7-13. First thing my DDIL says is "that's a quick trip". We already had a reservation at Disneyland for Sept.11-16, so we're giving up the first 2 nights there. I think 5 full days will be fine. I'm going to be a mess leaving them anyway, so I may as well top it off with a trip to my happy place!

Oh minniecarousel, how scary. I'm so glad you sister is OK and your brother also. Disney always makes things seem better.

Oh my, I came to say hello and found you on page 16! Yikes, it's been too long. Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of summer.

Last week I attended a wonderful bridal shower, my nephew is getting married in October.

Have to start getting ready to pack for my sister trip to WDW at the end of September.

I'm not sad to see this summer end. It brought a cracked windshield, a flat a tire, a flooded basement, a downed tree, a leak in the kitchen ceiling. I'm hoping the fall will only have good things.

Just wanted to say hello!!!! :flower3::flower3:

Welcome back snappyd! So glad to see you again. Sorry that your summer was not filled with good times.

My summer has been filled with doctors visits. LOL It's hell getting old. But I am looking forward to a number of things.

Tomorrow is Zoey's 6th birthday party at the municipal pool. Her birthday is on Wednesday. My little sugar plum is going into first grade!

We are looking forward to our October trip which is 37 and some hours away. We just rented my scooter. I hate having to use it, but my hips and back are just too bad to be able to walk all day like I did in February. We have our rental house, our park tickets, our plane tickets and all our plans done. At 30 days Chuck will start getting our fast passes. I know it's going to be hot, but I know we will all have a great time.

We went in October last year & the weather was nice. Not humid like summertime! Sorry to hear that your back & hips have slowed you down. But your trip is fast approaching! How exciting. And Zoey is turning 6! Yikes!

Sorry your summer had some unpleasantness snapppyd. Sometimes "stuff" happens! Here's to a lovely Autumn! (Yay to a sisters trip!)

Our NY trip is in a week and a half! Can't wait to see my little grandson. Last saw him in Feb. (he's now 18 months old) But I'll miss my big boy Ben (he's 28 months) while I'm gone.

My sis is doing great - they're still lining up tests to see why she passed out while driving. We have 2 brothers who had blocked carotid arteries - that is something they'll consider. She has neighbors who are nuns & they've been taking her to church. She took the bus to the hairdresser & the dentist.

We moved my brother from one mobile home park to a 55+ park (he went from a single wide to a double! He calls it a tornado magnet - never mind that we don't get tornadoes here in California!) It needs work, but we'll get to it. And hey - he can walk to the ocean from his place!

Good to see you minniecarousel. I'm hoping that the weather will be half way pleasant. Chuck and Karen went in October a couple of years ago and it was hot and humid. I like your weather report better. LOL

Have a wonderful time on you NY trip to see your new little grandson.

That is good news about your sister. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Minnie, are you in NY yet? Hope you have a great time!

4nana, I hope your husband is continuing to improve.

I had a second flat tire last week, can't believe it! Got it fixed and hoping that is the end of my streak of bad luck.

I can't believe my trip is in two weeks! yikes, I better start thinking about what to pack. The wedding is the week after I get back, have to make sure I don't gain any weight on vacation, my gown just about zips, lol!

Hope all the kiddies like school this year! Zoey in first grade already? :faint:

Hi snappyd. Sorry about your 2nd flat tire. They are such a hassle. Yes Zoey is in first grade now. I can't believe it either. Wasn't it just yesterday she was born?? She just lost her 2nd tooth too. Jesse is in third grade now. I can't believe that either.

Jesse and Zoey were at my house a couple of weeks ago. Of course they were up in my room while Chuck fixed my computer. Zoey has to look at all my jewelry and Jesse picked up a stuffed animal and asked if he could have it. It was a rhino in a motorcycle jacket complete with "tattoo". It had belonged to Ron. Rhino was his nickname. My friend sent it to him years ago. Well, I told Jesse no and he put it back.

Then I got to thinking about it. Ron would want Jesse to have it and know that it was special to his grandpop. So the next time I saw him at the pool, I told him that I changed my mind because I knew that Grandpop would want him to have it. I got an extra big hug.

The next time I was over his house I brought it to him and he was so thrilled. He knew it was very special. That made me feel good.

My Disney trip is in 24 days. I've already started packing. LOL

I'm sure he will cherish Rhino forever, so nice that you gave it to him. I leave two weeks from today, yikes it came fast! Too much to do, too little time!!! Have a great weekend!

I think he will snappyd. 23 days and counting for me. I am almost finished packing except for the shorts and tanks and underwear. It's exciting for me to have my suitcase open on the bedroom floor. Makes it seem like I will be leaving tomorrow. LOL

Yay for Disney trips!

We're in the Hamptons now. Weather has been fine. We went to a festival in Sag Harbor today, to the North Fork for a winery tomorrow, beach on Monday. Our son leaves very early on Tues AM & we'll leave at a reasonable hour for our trek to JFK, then onto LA & Disneyland.

Son & DDIL are taking a WDW trip next month with some of her family. Our son said its not easy being the planner, especially with people who aren't "disneyed"! Like we are!

Y'all take care!

Have a wonderful time at Disneyland minniecarousel. I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

Enjoy Disneyland Minnie! I've never been, tell us all about it when you get home!

Hello All! Hope your sister trip to WDW was fantastic snapppyd! And Angelrose, you must be in WDW now? Have an amazing trip. I hope Hurricane Matthew stays away from you.

We had such a wonderful visit with our son & his family in NY. Weather was great & little Jackson finally gave me a name the day before we left: Gaga! We had a great trip to Disneyland too. We went there on our honeymoon 41 years ago. We were traveling from NY to LA on our actual anniversary.

Looking forward to hearing about your WDW trip Angelrose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter