And They Lived Happily Ever After - A June '11 Disneymoon TR! THE END - NEW PTR!

You look adorable In your Mickey bride shirt!
As always, looking forward to reading more! So hoping you got pixie dust!

By this point, Miguel was pretty tired, so he snoozed for a bit. It’s hard work being the passenger! LOL
e63e8cd8.jpg

Yep, seems like being the passenger is a lot of hard work for Ron too. Somehow I manage to stay awake and keep him company every time he drives, but 90% of when I drive he has to snooze at some point. :laughing:

Meanwhile, I tried not to get too distracted by my new bling!
8a1cdb80.jpg

Nice bling! How do you take pictures while driving?

OK not only did you have my dream shower, wedding, everything but now you got my ring too???? :rotfl2: Seriously that is the ring I want for my upgrade engagement ring :rolleyes1

I still can't believe you possessed the ability to drive 7 hours after your wedding. I swear I was brain dead the day after mine. And I didn't drink a DROP of alcohol that day!

I can almost feel the anticipation and excitement of the drive. I would love to do a road trip to Disney one day, but since we live about 22 hours away I'm not sure that's a reality :laughing:

Haha, yeah 22 hours might not be too fun! Plus, you'd spend half of the vacation just driving! I feel very lucky to live within a comfortable driving distance to Disney. :thumbsup2

You look adorable In your Mickey bride shirt!
As always, looking forward to reading more! So hoping you got pixie dust!

Aww, thanks! I was excited to finally wear that shirt after having it in my closet since Valentine's day! :laughing:

Hi I'm joining in! You were a beautiful bride! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your honeymoon.

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Yep, seems like being the passenger is a lot of hard work for Ron too. Somehow I manage to stay awake and keep him company every time he drives, but 90% of when I drive he has to snooze at some point. :laughing:

Nice bling! How do you take pictures while driving?

Haha, very carefully! I hate to say, but I took so many pictures while driving on this trip. Pretty much all of them are one's that I got (except for the Disney sign, Miguel decided to take over there). I'll blame it on the fact that Miguel wasn't awake to talk to me! :lmao:

OK not only did you have my dream shower, wedding, everything but now you got my ring too???? :rotfl2: Seriously that is the ring I want for my upgrade engagement ring :rolleyes1

I still can't believe you possessed the ability to drive 7 hours after your wedding. I swear I was brain dead the day after mine. And I didn't drink a DROP of alcohol that day!

:lmao: I think Miguel did a very good job with my ring! I gave him quite a lot of guidelines, though! :rotfl:

I was surprisingly really refreshed and alert the day after the wedding. I slept so well both Friday night and the night of the wedding and got like 8 hours each night. I'm used to only 5 a night, so that was a ton of sleep for me! :laughing: It did finally catch up to me though...my second day back at work! :lmao:

I'm looking forward to this! After years away from theDis I am back and have started to plan my Disney honeymoon. Congrats! :goodvibes

Love your bride shirt! And yeah for making it to Disney. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

What an awesome start to your trip, I love your shirt..too cute!

Yay for the WDW sign, crossing my fingers you did get some pixie dust at check in:goodvibes

You guys look so happy! :goodvibes I love the Bride shirt! Can't wait to hear about the Poly arrival, hope you got an upgrade! :banana:

I just widdled away my morning by reading the highlights of your PTR.... this is why I need to stay away from the DIS...I find a TR and get consumed by it!!!! Your wedding was beautiful!

Hey girl! I don't know how this got to page 5 without me knowing! Glad your drive down went smoothly! Your engagement ring/wedding band combo looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait for more!

Off to a great start! This makes me wish I lived closer to Disney... I'm really jealous of your short drive!

ps love the bling!

I'm looking forward to this! After years away from theDis I am back and have started to plan my Disney honeymoon. Congrats! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope you'll be doing a PTR for your honeymoon! I would love to follow along! :goodvibes

Love your bride shirt! And yeah for making it to Disney. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Thanks! I was so excited to finally wear my bride tee! :woohoo:

What an awesome start to your trip, I love your shirt..too cute!

Yay for the WDW sign, crossing my fingers you did get some pixie dust at check in:goodvibes

Thank you! We did have a great start - the drive was very smooth and went by super fast! :thumbsup2

You guys look so happy! :goodvibes I love the Bride shirt! Can't wait to hear about the Poly arrival, hope you got an upgrade! :banana:

We definitely were! The only thing better than arriving at Disney is arriving at Disney after you just got married! :laughing:

I just widdled away my morning by reading the highlights of your PTR.... this is why I need to stay away from the DIS...I find a TR and get consumed by it!!!! Your wedding was beautiful!

I have done the same thing! I spent an entire weekend reading a particular TR once! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Hey girl! I don't know how this got to page 5 without me knowing! Glad your drive down went smoothly! Your engagement ring/wedding band combo looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait for more!

Yay! Glad you made it over! :woohoo:

Off to a great start! This makes me wish I lived closer to Disney... I'm really jealous of your short drive!

ps love the bling!

It is very nice being within driving distance to Disney. I consider myself very lucky! :thumbsup2

As long as the drive probably feels at the time, it's gotta be so great to build all the anticipation up for the trip!!! Can't wait to read more!!! You look so cute in your bride shirt! :goodvibes

As long as the drive probably feels at the time, it's gotta be so great to build all the anticipation up for the trip!!! Can't wait to read more!!! You look so cute in your bride shirt! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes It definitely builds anticipation! It's fun to watch the ETA get closer and closer!

ARRIVAL DAY – Pt. 2

When I last left off, Miguel and I had just laid our eyes on this beautiful sight and we left the real world and entered the world of fantasy and magic for 12 days! Bye-bye real world! Hello Disney World!
1c607c7a.jpg

Mundane things like road signs and buses seem much more exciting when they’re in Disney, and we’re always so happy to see them for the first time!
ace45505.jpg

We followed those lovely signs until we reached the entrance to the MK parking area!
40c69536.jpg

This was our first time staying at an MK area resort and I was so excited to go through the parking booth to get there! I got over in the far right hand lane, told them we were checking in at the Poly, and off we went! I was a little worried about getting to the Poly, since we had gotten a little turned around before when we came over for dinner on our November trip, and also when we drove to the GF for dinner there once, but luckily, it was super easy to find our resort, and we were entering our tropical paradise in no time!
3faf9ef5.jpg

2a75529f.jpg

After a quick stop at the security booth to get my parking pass, we easily navigated the Poly parking lot, parked the car, and got ready to head into the GCH for the first time!
82c9f339.jpg

As soon as we approached the entrance to the GCH, I knew without a doubt that we had picked the perfect resort for our honeymoon. I instantly felt transported away into the tropics. The entrance to the Poly is so beautiful!
3a695289.jpg

4c1d9c3e.jpg

6d2c3849.jpg

Once we had taken in the beauty that is the GCH, it was time for the moment of truth! Time to check in! In an effort to save money, I booked us in a Garden View room and had kept my fingers crossed from some pixie dust that would get us an upgrade. I also had requested a specific longhouse, Tokelau, after some great recommendations here. Normally Miguel just kind of wanders around when I check in, but when we’re trying for an upgrade, I always make him come to the desk with me! LOL. It did work for us at AKL, though, so I was hoping it would here, too!

The nice CM checking us in asked if we were celebrating anything special, and I of course told her it was our honeymoon. She got so excited and made a big fuss out of it. She even printed my KTTW with my new last name, and made me sign it for the first time! Then, she opened up a drawer, and I could tell she was going for the buttons! If you read along with my PTR, then you know that after some reading here, I decided we had to have the Just Married buttons since they seem to encourage more congratulations and pixie dust (all honeymooners used to get them, but now they are reserved for couples getting married on Disney property only, and everyone else gets Happily Ever After buttons). I had actually ordered the Just Married buttons on Ebay just a week before our trip, since I was fully expecting to get the Happily Ever After ones. Well, to my surprise, the CM pulled out the Just Married buttons and handed them over to us! Even though we didn’t need them, I was so excited to get them since I knew how elusive they are. I think she actually realized her mistake, because she reached back into the drawer and got some Happily Ever After ones for us as well!
55ff8cf0.jpg

She also let another CM know that we were there celebrating our marriage, and he disappeared into a back room. I was secretly hoping that he was arranging for an upgrade, but he eventually came out with two to-go boxes filled with flowers. It turned out to be real flower leis (instead of the fake ones they give everyone checking in), which they give to honeymooners. I’ll have a picture of them once we get into the room!

Ok, finally time to find out about our room! The CM pulled out the map and circled a longhouse right next to the GCH – Rarotonga, so I knew then that we hadn’t gotten our request of Tokelau. It also seemed from the picture that this particular longhouse didn’t have any MK views, but I kept my hopes up. She gave us some directions, and off we went.

We actually got a little turned around looking for Rarotonga, and we eventually realized that we had exited out of the wrong door at the GCH. So, back in we went and then finally we found it!
c6dbb00f.jpg

Rarotonga is literally steps from the GCH. In fact, I am pretty sure it is the closest longhouse to it. It is also just steps from the Volcano pool, the quiet pool, Captain Cooks and the parking lot. It ended up being the perfect location, since we utilized all of these things frequently. In the end, I was pleased that we didn’t get out LH request, because I just don’t think we would have been as happy at another. We will definitely request Rarotonga when and if we return to the Poly!

We made our way up to the third floor, and to our room! The first thing I did was to look out the window. This was our view!
d7b058db.jpg

So sadly, no view of the castle, but the view ended up being perfect for us. I think for a Garden View, a view of the quiet pool was not bad at all. And, we later found out that we could see Wishes from our balcony! (Well, kind of the top half of Wishes, but it’s better than nothing!) We actually ended up seeing at least some part of the show every single night we were there.

Here are our lei pictures that I promised! Sorry the one of me is so blurry!
331130e8.jpg

434d46a4.jpg

Ok, on to some room photos!
6f22841c.jpg

689ad280.jpg

54c76858.jpg

I couldn’t even get a picture of the room before Miguel had settled in for yet another nap! LOL. So please excuse the bed décor!
b7439494.jpg

fcb5b4f1.jpg

6e13ae3a.jpg

I finished up taking some pictures while Miguel slept and then I went out on the balcony to call my family and let then know that we had made it. When I called me dad, he told me that he had been calling the Poly all week trying to get us upgraded, but nothing was available. After I thanked him many times, I assured him that we would be perfectly fine in our current location, and that we loved it so far!

Apparently, Miguel wasn’t too tired because he woke up soon after I started unpacking. He was still tired enough to lay there and watched while I did all the work, though! Haha.
1b022623.jpg

I didn’t take too long for me to get the suitcases unpacked, since I had put all of our park clothes in Ziplock bags. I just put all the bags in a drawer, and then we each had a separate drawer for shorts, and one for bathing suits. It worked out really well! I put all of our hanging clothes, my bags and our shoes in one section of the closet, and used the other side of the closet to store our suitcases.
5e5d6c69.jpg

After unpacking, we only had about 30 minutes or so until our dinner at ‘Ohana, so I freshened up a bit, and we both got dressed in our best tropical gear! We were excited for our first evening of our honeymoon!
4bde725a.jpg

87c0551f.jpg

4b53049b.jpg

Up Next: Dinner at ‘Ohana and Wishes on the Poly Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter