amex users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotico

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used their american express to book reservations at restaurants. I just booked Le Cellier and Victoria and Alberts for this friday and saturday. The concierge through AMEX gave me any time I wanted. Has anyone exer experienced problems doing this. I always just booked through Disney but there was nothing available for the time I wanted when I called them this morning.

I'm guessing they might hold some tables back for the AmEx concierge service as part of their agreement with them. You have to have AmEx platinum for that service, don't you?

I think there are a few restaurants as well (can't remember which) that can be booked through Open Table.

I'm guessing they might hold some tables back for the AmEx concierge service as part of their agreement with them. You have to have AmEx platinum for that service, don't you?

I think there are a few restaurants as well (can't remember which) that can be booked through Open Table.

That is what I am thinking. We have an amex black card which has a personal concierge service and a travel concierge. I am calling Disney later tonight to find out if I actually got the reservation. I never had a problem booking a reservation at any other restaurant but never tried disney. This might be handy for those people who have an amex. I am going to call up and see what else I can get out of them. Maybe some fast passes ;)

Scotico said:
That is what I am thinking. We have an amex black card which has a personal concierge service and a travel concierge. I am calling Disney later tonight to find out if I actually got the reservation. I never had a problem booking a reservation at any other restaurant but never tried disney. This might be handy for those people who have an amex. I am going to call up and see what else I can get out of them. Maybe some fast passes ;)

So platinum might not even qualify for that, since black is higher than that, right? I'm guessing that won't apply to too many visitors then.

So platinum might not even qualify for that, since black is higher than that, right? I'm guessing that won't apply to too many visitors then.

Platinum has the same service. Give them a call and try. I called up Disney and my reservations were in.

Platinum has the same service. Give them a call and try. I called up Disney and my reservations were in.

WOW, amazing to know. Just got my Platinum card and I don't think I would have ever thought to try and use it at Disney. Do you know if I have to pay for the meal with my card? I like to use my Disney card for the extra points.

WsPrincess said:
WOW, amazing to know. Just got my Platinum card and I don't think I would have ever thought to try and use it at Disney. Do you know if I have to pay for the meal with my card? I like to use my Disney card for the extra points.

Yes pls let us know this, it could be an awesome perk!

I don't think you need to use the card to pay for the meal. We use ours to pay for everything so I would just use it to pay for our food. I will find out how it goes Friday. My wife has used hers for reservations at restaurants here in Miami and paid for the meals with cash. We have to use our cards to pay for everything since you have to spend a certain amount per year. I heard the food at Victoria and Alberto is very good and there will be 6 of us so it should be fun.

Amex cannot do anything to do w Disney

I just tried to make dinner res w my platinum concierge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter