Amex offers-Amazon and Ulta

I got the amazon offer on one of my two cards as well.

And you do have to make sure you're spending the $60 on an item sold FROM amazon. If something is on amazon but the item says sold by .... and it's not amazon listed there, it supposedly won't count.
I don't think that's the case. It can't be from another website using checkouts by Amazon.

I don't think that's the case. It can't be from another website using checkouts by Amazon.
Yep.. I think you're right.

And I just re-read the terms and it sounds like multiple transactions are okay, so long as they ship by 12/31

"Terms
Offer valid only for purchases made directly at Amazon.com or smile.amazon.com. Offer valid only for purchases made with the US Dollar. Offer not valid for purchases made with foreign currencies. Purchases made through other merchants or third party sites using "Checkout by Amazon" or other Amazon payment methods do not qualify for this offer. Not valid at international or non-English versions of Amazon.com or websites affiliated with/linked to from Amazon.com. Also excludes Corporate gift Cards, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Local, Amazon Home Services, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Supply, Amazon Local Register, Amazon Coins, Kindle Direct Publishing, Go-Go and Amazon Payments. Must add offer to Card and use same Card for one or more transactions in order to redeem. In order to receive your statement credit, all qualifying purchases must ship on or before 12/31/15. If items are ordered during the offer period but are shipped after 12/31/15, those items may not count towards determining whether your purchases qualify for the offer. If you receive a replacement Card during the offer and use that Card to enroll, you must update your Card on file with Amazon to receive the statement credit. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card® across all American Express offer channels. Enrollment is limited. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is/are returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transactions as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Also, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit for transactions made with electronic wallets or through third parties or if the merchant uses mobile or wireless Card readers to process them. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. If you use Membership Rewards® points for all or any portion of a transaction through the "Shop with Points at Amazon.com" program, the amount of that transaction that you cover with points will not qualify for the offer. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. POID: BY4E:0001"

I also had two offers so just placed an order for the new PS4 Star Wars game and threw in another item to get me over $60.00. I agree, usually the minute I use my Amex card I have an alert letting me know I used my offer but since Amazon doesn't typically bill the card until it ships I think this is the reason for the delay. I did the order about 10 minutes ago and no pending charge either. Honestly if I don't get my statement credit (or at least the Amex email) I will return the game as I could get it at Target right now with a $10 gift card but I'd rather have $15 statement credit.

Any others confirm once yours shipped you got your email notification from Amex? I have Prime so since it will be here Thursday I know they'll be shipping in the next 24 hours.

Thanks OP!!

Heather

I don't know if that's true or not but I wouldn't risk it. We had the offer on both our AMEX accounts so I went onto Amazon and did a "reload your gift card balance" with an amount of $60 and I did this for each card. So now we have $120 sitting there to use whenever we want that we only paid $90 for. We also got the confirmation emails from AMEX right away. But we don't always.
I didn't think about reloading an Amazon GC to get this offer - I didn't even realize you could reload Amazon GCs. I will have to look into this on my account, since I don't know that I need $60 worth of stuff from Amazon any time soon. Thanks for the tip!

Just a quick update - I have now received my alert and email from Amex for using the offer and my Amex account now shows the pending charge. All good on my side -woohoo :)

Heather

Ps. I apologize if I overlooked it - but instead of using the reloading option, would buying an Amazon gift card in the mix of $60 with other items qualify? For example I buy a $25 Amazon gift card and then spend $35 on merchandise. I don't see it in the fine print but it would seem like a gift card would be excluded but others are having success.

I'm guessing it can be done over multiple transactions because you may order $60 of stuff but if it is shipped seperately it won't necessarily come through as one charge. So if I buy three $20 items and two ship but one is back ordered the charges may come through as $40 and $20.

DH had the amazon offer on his account but mine doesn't. He seems to always get better offers than me. Oh well, it all goes in the same pot. ;)

I don't know if that's true or not but I wouldn't risk it. We had the offer on both our AMEX accounts so I went onto Amazon and did a "reload your gift card balance" with an amount of $60 and I did this for each card. So now we have $120 sitting there to use whenever we want that we only paid $90 for. We also got the confirmation emails from AMEX right away. But we don't always.

How long did it take to get your Amex email regarding the $15 credit? I did it this afternoon and haven't received anything but the charge is still showing as pending on the AMEX site. Could this be why?

How long did it take to get your Amex email regarding the $15 credit? I did it this afternoon and haven't received anything but the charge is still showing as pending on the AMEX site. Could this be why?

We got the emails about the same time as the Amazon order confirmations. But we've had offers work that we never got email on, so who knows?

When I try to force add it, and log into my account, it doesn't let me add it to the card that didn't get the offer. Just says I already have the offer and cannot add it. Boo.
Oh well.

When I try to force add it, and log into my account, it doesn't let me add it to the card that didn't get the offer. Just says I already have the offer and cannot add it. Boo.
Oh well.
Do you have two different AmEx cards on the same online account? Try creating a new online log in for the second card using a different e-mail address; my wife and I have cards on the same account and I was able to get the offer on her card as well by making her a separate online log in.

I'm guessing it can be done over multiple transactions because you may order $60 of stuff but if it is shipped seperately it won't necessarily come through as one charge. So if I buy three $20 items and two ship but one is back ordered the charges may come through as $40 and $20.
I just did my second order about an hour ago and Amex has pending charge of $52.94 although the order was about $77.00. Just as you mentioned two times are preparing for shipment which is why they are now pending charges with Amex, however two are not yet. I'll keep an eye on this because as far as I know it's not in the fine print they must ship all together - just said must ship by 12/31/15 I believe.

I'll report back :)

Heather

Can someone tell me how you find out if this is on your card? We rarely use credit cards but have an Amex for emergencies. If I can get good deals, I'll use it!

When I log into my account and scroll down at the very bottom are offers you can add. I've used about $800 worth in two years.

Thank you. We have a Costco American Express and rarely seem to get the offers that others do. We're planning on closing it next year anyway when Costco/American Express part ways but I know I'll purchase from Amazon for Christmas.

Also note that if you have multiple cards on the same account it removes the offer from additional cards after you've added it to one. To beat this you can actually open up all of the cards in separate tabs. Once you add it to one card it will not disappear from your other already open tabs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter