Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

Buzz, you were asking about @mommasita earlier in this thread I think, wanted to let you know she did turn up in a thread on weather recently! So she’s around, even if not in the Canadian American thread :)
That is so great to hear. I greatly miss her comments on this thread. I been praying for her health to get better. Thanks for telling me. 🙏:thanks::-)

I would say Canadians are more apologetic then Americans. Americans in general have a self important complex so that could be what @prairie_girl is partly referring to as well.
I would agree that tends to be true of Americans on the coasts, when you get into the middle of the country, other than areas around very large cities like Chicago or Houston you will find people much closer to what you view Canadians as than what you think of as Americans.

Buzz, you were asking about @mommasita earlier in this thread I think, wanted to let you know she did turn up in a thread on weather recently! So she’s around, even if not in the Canadian American thread :)

Thank you everyone!!!
You have All touched me beyond words. ❤️

I am back, not as often as before, I am working on it, I took a hiatus from May of last year, I
even rescued a Puppy, although to be honest I think he rescued me. 🥰

You should tell my husband that. I talk to anyone when we are on vacation and he will say they don’t want to talk to you…lol
Oh you extroverts, so intriguing are you!

---------

I went on my Dad's dream of going on The Canadian (Via train), with two of his friends.

And one of the friends was just like you. And he was forever bringing his new friends to greet us, laughing. We - his wife and I - had to inform him we were completely at peace & self-sufficient in our own little world - go entertain himself in his extroverted glory and leave us the **** alone with his introductions.
Laughing . Loudly.

In more loving sentences of course. But firmly, as his joyful new friend train was quite robust. Insert wink. Sometimes I am jealous of extroverts, sometimes I feel like I am hiding a great secret.

Last edited:
Oh you extroverts, so intriguing are you!

---------

I went on my Dad's dream of going on The Canadian (Via train), with two of his friends.

And one of the friends was just like you. And he was forever bringing his new friends to greet us, laughing. We - his wife and I - had to inform him we were completely at peace & self-sufficient in our own little world - go entertain himself in his extroverted glory and leave us the **** alone with his introductions.
Laughing . Loudly.

In more loving sentences of course. But firmly, as his joyful new friend train was quite robust. Insert wink. Sometimes I am jealous of extroverts, sometimes I feel like I am hiding a great secret.
:goodvibes I find it heart-warming to observe them coming together, but do I want to be one of them? No, not a chance. And if I'm unfortunately caught in their cross-hairs, I'll make appropriate small-chat graciously during the encounter, then constantly peek around corners to be sure the coast is clear to avoid any future engagement. Your train story has me thinking here of how hard it is to have a nice, quiet, reflective cigarette on a cruise ship. :crowded:

Thank you everyone!!!
You have All touched me beyond words. ❤️

I am back, not as often as before, I am working on it, I took a hiatus from May of last year, I
even rescued a Puppy, although to be honest I think he rescued me. 🥰
So happy to see you again. I truly missed your posts on the thread. I hope you are feeling better. Can we see a picture of the puppy? How’s the weather in Montreal btw?

Canadians, what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Nothing. If I wanted chocolate covered ice cream (which I almost never would), this is the more common Canadian treat that would come to mind. These have been around longer than I have. I don't remember ever seeing Klondike until 10 or 15 years ago and even now it's not something you'd see everywhere.
1678659214957.jpeg

Nothing. If I wanted chocolate covered ice cream (which I almost never would), this is the more common Canadian treat that would come to mind. These have been around longer than I have. I don't remember ever seeing Klondike until 10 or 15 years ago and even now it's not something you'd see everywhere.
View attachment 745837
You ain't missing much either ... :)

View attachment 745837
A company originally owned by Americas sold to Brits and then back to the USA but uses Canadian dairy. Interesting. I know the USA and Canada have some “beef” (no pun intended) with each other in regards to trade issues when it comes to dairy (I’m no expert on the subject). I prefer other brands anyway. If we are talking about some patriotic ice cream/frozen desserts, my vote would be for a Firecracker ice pop.

A company originally owned by Americas sold to Brits and then back to the USA but uses Canadian dairy. Interesting. I know the USA and Canada have some “beef” (no pun intended) with each other in regards to trade issues when it comes to dairy (I’m no expert on the subject). I prefer other brands anyway. If we are talking about some patriotic ice cream/frozen desserts, my vote would be for a Firecracker ice pop.
That wasn't really my point. More just to say that Klondike bars aren't ubiquitous here and it's only through watching American TV that I even got the reference you made. While I was googling an image of Eskimo Pie came up. I've never seen that brand in person but they used to be a sponsor on The Price is Right when I was a kid and I think I remember the Cunninghams eating them regularly on Happy Days. :goodvibes

That wasn't really my point. More just to say that Klondike bars aren't ubiquitous here and it's only through watching American TV that I even got the reference you made. While I was googling an image of Eskimo Pie came up. I've never seen that brand in person but they used to be a sponsor on The Price is Right when I was a kid and I think I remember the Cunninghams eating them regularly on Happy Days. :goodvibes
Oh, I did understand your original point. I just brought up patriotic desserts as a new topic of discussion (nothing against you). Eskimo pies changed their name to Edy’s Pies because of political correctness.

Btw @Frozen Canuck, how many people do we have listed so far for our fictional/maybe realistic great American Canadian road-trip?
The four people that have confirmed and paid their deposits are you, @ronandannette, @prairie_girl and me. I'm pretty sure @SirDuff will be there. Not sure about anybody else. The tour bus is filling up! To anyone who is on the fence about joining us, be sure to send in your deposit soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter