Amend taxes for $60??

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
I forgot to add something on our taxes. I figured this information in and we would get an extra $60 back. Should I wait until we get the money or send amendment now?

I would definitely do it and no reason to wait. I filed an amendment last year because I thought something was taxable and then realized that it wasn't. It only gained me $52, but every little bit helps and it was MY money. :banana:

Sheila

I seem to remember I had to wait until the taxes were processed before I could send in the 1040X form.

I would always suggest to clients that they wait until they are sure their original return is processed before sending in a 1040-X. This means waiting until a refund is received or until their check payment has been processed by their bank.

If the 1040-X is sent in quickly, it can confuse things trying to process an amendment before the original is processed.

You have to wait, I had this happen once too.

At least according to Turbo Tax, I had to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter