Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

Did you have to mention chicken strips???? I don't know why, but I love those darn things! Any place that makes 'em, I want to eat 'em. :confused3
Guess I have a chicken weakness. . .

Amanda, what the heck were you doing posting to your journal at 1:18 a.m.? You should have been in bed! Oh, I see Doreen posted on that, too. Guess I'd better lay off. . .only one friend can be in mom-mode at one time. I think it's some kind of WISH law or something. . .

OK, I'm sending major :goodvibes for your day. If you get any fruits on the phone today, you have my permission to hang up on 'em. Don't waste your time! :teeth:

Hugs,
Erin

That would be an interesting conversation with my boss. "Rob, the guy was a total fruit and Erin on the DISboards said it would be okay to not waste my time and hang up on him." :confused3 :rotfl:

Yes I was up late 2 nights in a row - I have so much in my head right now it is hard to get to sleep. Funny thing is that I am actually more awake during the day because of it!!! Weird huh?

~Amanda

Hi amanda,

Insomnia seems to be in the air. I planned my entire trip yesterday when I couldn't sleep. I hope that you manage to get a full 8 hours of sleep tonight. A yogurt smoothie sounds wonderful right now. maybe it is the sugar buzz that is helping keep you awake?

Have a good afternoon,
Beth

Good Morning! Well after this weekend I think I need to go back to menu planning. I haven't been as good this week as I assumed I would be. And I am having jean issues which is annoying the crap out of me. They fit fine but they seem to be hitting me weird now. I seem to be getting smaller everywhere except my tummy. sigh. It almost feels like my tummy is getting bigger which sucks. Sorry I'm a little depressed today about this.

Plan for today:
b: piece of pineapple upside down cake
l: Low Carb Meatloaf
S: ?
D: ?? We are going to a happy hour after work for an hour or so and then home. I'll probably just make some tuna salad or something.

~Amanda

I am right with you girlie with the tummy problems. My chest is going down, thank goodness, my thighs, butt but that darn tummy is so big. I agree, it does suck. Keep up your good work and we will both live healthier lives. Have a great weekend. :cool1:

Tummy Trouble here too!!! I bring the duct tape!!! (It has many uses!) :rotfl2:

Amanda, You have done such a great job... So you had a bad week... Everybody has them! You treid something, you were less than pleased and now you want to modify! That is part of the journey and you recognize it! Kudos to you! :cool1:

I really don't think there is a better way to start a Saturday then by going to Curves :banana: It just wakes you right up in the morning. DH and I finally have our King Size Bed and it is divine! :cloud9: And VERY BIG, LOL! It just looks so huge in comparison to the queen size bed that we had. I can't wait to have our first nights sleep on it.

Well after doing some thinking I decided I really need to go back to actually counting carbs. Yes I've been watching my carbes (except for the last week :3dglasses ) but I need to go back to limiting my carbs to 35 per day. If I can do this for the month of March it will hopefully get me to a good weight that I can concentrate on maintaining while back in school during the month of April. My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week starting on Monday - I'll weigh in on Saturday mornings at Curves. I'll be going to Curves Mon, Tues, Wens, Thurs, and Saturdays - yes this is ambitious but I feel it is important. Especially if I want to rev up my metabolism so the cruise ship doesn't sink while I'm on it ;)

I'm back in menu planning mode ;)

Mon:
B: Egg and cheese muffins
L: Tuna Salad
D: Pork Roast w/ Veggies

Tues:
B: Egg and Cheese Muffins
L: Leftover Pork Roast w/Veggies
D: Tequilla Lime Chicken

Wens:
L: Leftover Tequilla Lime Chicken
D: low carb spaghetti (with Dreamfields Pasta)

Thurs:
L: Low Carb Spaghetti
D: Hot Wings

Fri:
L: ??
D: ??

I'll probably end up grocery shopping on Friday so I don't mind all the ??
I think from now on I'll plan the week and weekends seperately since I tend to graze more during the weekends. Right now I'm a little low on low carb snacks but the grocery shopping on Friday shoudl eliminate that. My last stats were 166.8/165.3/155 (by Apr 1).

~Amanda

AMANDA'S BOOT CAMP

DATES:
FEBRUARY 28TH THROUGH MARCH 31ST

OBJECTIVE:
LOSE 2LBS PER WEEK FOR A TOTAL OF 10LBS

PLAN:

• 1. Consume no more then 35 carbohydrates per day.

2. Work out 5 days per week for a minimum of 30 minutes

3. Drink 8 glasses of water per day.

4. Take a Multi-Vitamin every day

5. Limit to only 1 low carb product per day

Anyone can make this boot camp work for them even if they are not low-carb just adjust the goal to fit your eating plan. Workouts can also be modified however in order to be effective you should work out at least 3 times per week.

~Amanda

Good Morning Everyone! I love our new mattress! It is so soft and warm! We are still have to adjust it to get it just right (we have a sleep number bed) but I slept like a log on it last night.

Today we are going to be hanging out at my Dad's. Which means I have no control over the menu. He usually only buys regular soda but since he has been diagnosed with diabetes I'm hoping he will have some diet stuff there. Otherwise I'll be drinking water all day.

Everyone have a nice and relaxing Sunday!
~Amanda

Amanda, sounds like you're ready to get serious! Erin & I are starting over tomorrow too. We can all support each other :grouphug: and hold each other accountable. I'm thinking it's time for a little tough love - no more saying "oh you ate off plan? you had a hangnail so it's ok". True exceptions should be few and far between. Help me stay on track, OK?

:cheer2: We can do this, Amanda! :cheer2:
Let's bring in April with a few less pounds and inches!! :sunny:

I have a hang nail.......... :rotfl:

This is DAY 1 of Boot Camp! It is time to be serious!
Plan for today:
B: Nothing - I woke up super late today and was lucky to be at work on time.
L: Either Tuna Salad or an open faced sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread - not to exceed 10 carbs
D: Pork Roast (cooking in the crockpot now) and broccoli/cauliflower mix with cheese.
S: No sugar Jello
Exercise: Curves - 30 minutes
Water - 8 glasses
Vitamins - already taken.

~Amanda

please join me in my new journal
Amanda' Boot Camp Journal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter