Amanda's Heading to the Beach Journal! Feedback Welcomed!

Okay - time to get honest, my size 12 jeans are TIGHT! :crowded: I need to get back on the wagon and big time. Yesterday I did better, but not great. I got in my 8 glasses of water which was essential. Normally I would wait until Monday to get back into the swing of it all, but I've decided that there is no time like the present.

My weekend is not super busy. My Dad is coming over today, I need to do some light housework, go to the DMV to get my license renewed :rolleyes: , and find a birthday gift for my Mom. Tomorrow my Mom is coming over for her birthday. I've decided the meals I'm going to cook will be super easy. Tonight is one of Rachel Ray's 30 minute or less meals, and tomorrow I am doing ham in a crockpot. :cloud9:

Exercise will be sporatic. I'll try to get in a brisk walk tomorrow before my family arrives. I'm thinking just a mile should be enough.

~Amanda

Yea! I actually kept to my word and took a walk this morning! About 1.5 miles I think! Yippie! Of course it starting raining half-way through so I look like a drowned rat, but that's okay! :cool1: :umbrella: :cool1:

Yesterday I did pretty good. I ate healthy items, but I ate ALOT of them. I made an AWESOME stuffed porkchop recipie - I'll post it later when I have a bit more time. It is so good! It was a huge recipie but only took about 35 minutes to put together, an actual traditional weekend meal.

Today my Mom is coming over for her birthday. I have a ham cooking in the crockpot right now - YUMMY! We'll have the leftover mashed potatoes from last night and some veggies. Mom is brining pineapple upside down cake (we are celebrating my birthday as well which was last weekend).

So plan - light breakfast and lunch, big dinner! :)

~Amanda

Hey, Amanda. Welcome to Monday. :teeth: How was the ham last night? You did a lot of cooking this weekend, didn't you?

Do you have a busy week ahead? Here's some :wizard: on it all. Have a great day.

:hug:,
Erin

The ham sounds so yummy!! I hope you've got plenty of leftovers to carry you through the beginning of this week. Don't sweat it if the scale is up a bit, since ham has lots of sodium and may cause water retention.

I'm sending an extra :hug: your way, sweetie, just in case you need it.

Ease into the workweek. :sunny:

Morning Wish Buddies! I'm glad I cooked all that comfort food this weekend because I was in need of it. My mother announced yesterday that she is engaged. :crazy2: I'm going to gather my thoughts for a few weeks and then have a nice long chat with her because I just do not think this marriage is a good idea. It was a stressful evening because my brother and his girlfriend are also having some money issues and I can feel my brother starting to sink in quicksand. Part of me wants to reach in and pull him out, but I know that is just giong to enable their problem more. However the little mother in me (who always took care of her wittle brother) wants to come to the rescue. So needless to say I settle in for the evening with some Bailey's over ice and watched TV till I went numb. :) I'm also reading a book that Doe recommended - Eragon. So far it is pretty good.

Plan for today - get rid of the tummy! LOL!
b: shredded wheat w/honey and splenda - 1 pts
l: Healthy Choice - Clam Chowder - ?
d: It will be a fend for yourself night. I'll probably have the leftover pork chop and some stuffing.
s: Lemon Italian Ice
Exercise: ?
Water: 10 glasses

I am suppose to meet up with a friend of mine who hurt me a few weeks ago for dinner tonight for a talk. Seems like I'm talking to everyone a bit these days ;)

I guess not every weekend can be as great as last with Doe and Todd.

~Amanda

Well, it COULD be if you'd move to PA. ;) :teeth:

Thanks for the fashion advice. I've always stayed away from flat front pants because of my tummy pooch, figuring the pleats hid it better or at least gave me a bit more room in that area. :p I'll have to give them a try.

Take a few deep breaths today and focus on all the blessings in your life - Brian, your beautiful home, good neighbors, a job that pays the bills, etc.... Maybe it will take the edge off the worries circling in your mind.

Love ya, :love: & :hug:

Good morning, Amanda. Wow, did you have a Sunday night--an engagement and personal debt all in one evening! I hope yesterday was a chance to recover! Wait, though, weren't you meeting a friend for a "talk"? How'd that go? You know what? You've gotta find someone to hang out with that just wants to talk about trivial stuff! Oh, maybe that's why you come to the WISH? :p

Yeah, so when are you and Brian going to visit PA? We could have one heck of a "girls day" at the mall Doe and I hang out at. Hmmm, maybe you should be looking at your spring calendar? :teeth:

Anyway, have a good day, Amanda, and try to keep your :) .

:hug:,
Erin

Hi Doe and Erin! Thanks for stopping by. The talk with my friend went well. He really hurt me a few weeks ago and I really didn't think we would ever talk again. But after finally receiving a genuine apology I decided it was time for us to talk face to face. It is so much nicer to see one's face when they are telling you to pull your head out of your butt - which is pretty much what I told my friend last night. "knock it off, you are being a jerk." were pretty much my exact words. We are okay now for the moment, although I think it will be awhile before I feel like we are close again. I'm glad we talked because I was devestated over throwing a 14 year friendship away. Not to mention he is in all my dang wedding pictures! ;)

Last night was great. I decided to skip Curves so that I could take a 20 minute nap before meeting with my friend. It felt great! I got home about 8pm and Brian and I watched a couple of sitcoms. Everyone should be watching "How I met your Mother" on CBS. It is hysterical!

I am starting to feel human again princess: and alot of my bloat from yesterday is gone. Thankfully! I did okay eating wise - I did have a piece of pineapple upside down cake. I couldn't resist!

Plan for today:
b: yogurt - 1.8, coffee - 1.3, bannana - 0
l: Chicken and Vegetable Soup - 0
s: Apple - 0 maybe some peanut butter for protein
d: ham, cheese, and pepper Calzones. Doesn't that sound YUMMY!
Exercise: Curves
Water: 10 glasses (only did about 6 yesterday)

~Amanda

You are so sweet to stop by my journal...I've been a bad WISHer lately with my schedule.

I also love "How I Met Your Mother"- it's so cute! I've been taping it so I can watch it later. It's still early, but I love the writing...they aren't trying to do too much, and they've created some good characters. Plus, I love the tall guy from Freaks and Geeks...he's hysterical!

Shrimp in Buffalo Sauce...very easy, and better for you than Chicken Wings because it eliminates the whole frying thing. Just steam 1 lb of shrimp and mix with sauce (1/2 and 1/2 mixture of Frank's Red Hot sauce and melted butter...there's the calories), and serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.

Glad you had a good talk with your friend. That should be a relief.

Hope you have a good week!

Amanda you are doing great at getting back to things. Glad that your talk with your friend went well. Friendships are important, as I'm realizing more and more each day when I see dd not having true friendships at school - just breaks my heart. And I hate hearing when people have been hurt. So the mend has begun but let it take as much time as you and it needs.

Keep up the good work - you're doing great.
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Just keep taking those baby steps, Amanda, and you'll be feeling good in those pants very soon! You're doing great!

Glad to hear your chat with your friend went well. It can be hard when you've been hurt but a true friendship should be able to weather the storm. I hope things get back on track with him very soon. :hug:

I am impressed that you skipped Curves in favor of a nap when you knew you were tired and had a stressful evening coming up. That is the way to listen to your body and honor the need for rest and rejuvenation in the face of stress.

Hi Amanda,

I am so glad to hear that the talk with your friend went well. Broken friendships take time to heal, bt the biggest and hardest step is the first one. Take all the time you need.

I am sorry the weekend was so stressful. You are right to let your brother sort out his finances. You can be a support and make suggestions, but don' bail him out. It will set a pattern that will be hard to break. Good luck with the talk with your mom.

Keep up the good work. Those pants will be fitting soon.
Beth

:sunny: :sunny: Good morning, dear Amanda, good morning to you! :sunny: :sunny: I hope this finds you with a sunny heart this morning, friend, and if it doesn't, know that your WISH friends are here to lift you up. :goodvibes

What's on the agenda for today? Whatever it is, I hope you find the joy that's waiting for you.

With love and a :hug:,
Erin

Last night we got a lot done - the laundry is finally under way and the kitchen is spotless. It goes so much faster when I ask DH to help. The Calzones last night were awesome! I took refriderated pizza dough and spread it then and then sliced it in half. On one side of the dough I put your choice of cheese, ham, peppers, mushrooms and then folded the other side over. Then you bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. DELISH! And very easy and simple to make. DH liked it as well so I will be doing it again - and probably soon.

Yesterday I consumed 7.7 points.

Plan for today:
b: yogurt and bannana - 1.8, coffee - 1.5
l: ? I might hit Subway.
d: ? Might be an everyone fends for themselves night. I'm thinking of making a ham and pepper omelet. - 0
Curves after work
Water: 8 glasses ( I got in 6 yesterday)

~Amanda

Those calzones DO sound yummy!!!! I'll have to keep that recipe - maybe we can make 2 different kinds. The kids can make their "plain version" and then DH & I can make one with lots of veggies! Do you use any tomato sauce or would that turn the calzone into stromboli?? :confused3 Can you tell I don't know italian cooking very well?? :rotfl2:

I'm feeling GREAT today in one of my new outfits. Thanks for your encouragement and your fashion hints. The pants I have on have a flat front. They look pretty good and fit well too!

Best wishes for a wonderful day!! :sunny:

You can warm tomato sauce in a bowl and dip the Calzones into it. :teeth:

Morning Wish Buddies! Yesterday was an okay day. I did good on water - 8 glasses, and exercise. But my food was a little off. I consumed 16 points yesterday! :eek: I just couldn't get satisified last night. This has been a problem for DH and I lately - no matter what we eat for dinner we are hungry again at 8:30. And then we start to snack.

Plan for today:
b: eggs, ham, green peppers, and mushrooms, coffee - 1.5
s: apple/bannana - 0
l: tuna salad/soup/sandwich - 1 to 2 pts
d: A friend is coming over for the season premiere of Smallville. We will order pizza and a salad. I'll be eating the salad, maybe one slice of pizza.
Water: going for at least 6 glasses.
Exercise: Curves after work!

I've been reading some articles about water consumption. And that actually while 8 glasses is recommended you can actually over drink on your water. And that some people are able to get away with less water. I will tell you that after 6 glasses of water I already feel like I'm a fish. I think I'm going to lower my goal to at least 6 glasses a day and if I drink more then that - it's fine. :)

~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I hope that you are enjoying your evening with friends. We wil be watching Smallville after Alias. Those calzones sound wonderful, btw.

Take care,
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter