Am I Stupid?

The broker contacted me today and told me the seller is going to remove the contract from the resale market for the time being. From what I have heard from another person on the boards, the seller wants a certain price and they must not be getting it. I cannot decide if I'm relieved or disappointed. It was a relatively inexpensive small contract. We have enough points for now, but if the resale prices continue to drop, I may be inclined to add some points. I'll go back to looking.
Jack,
As other's have said unless you have money to burn and it's going to disappear DVC will always be there. Take your time and enjoy what you have and when you know exactly what you want and need go for it.

As you can tell there is no correct answer. We bought direct at Poly and we stay there very little since we like 2 bedrooms. (Hoping Poly 2 will be same association.) We bought a resale contract same UY but different resort. I book what I can and then call MS and they make the rest happen for me by transferring the points. We have stayed in all resorts that we wanted to so far for 2 bedroom. We do split-stays but that is by choice. We did not buy in when the kiddos were young and we wish we did. We bought in when the kiddos were off to college because they still loved Disney and we did too. When we asked if they wanted to continue coming as young adults they said yes. This summer my DH said lets do a short stay at Disney and go to the mountains for vacation. The kids are "retaliating" and saying they want Disney at ages of 22 and 24. We will be going to Disney! Do what you think is best for your family. Unfortunately there isn't a crystal ball. I do disagree with selling your contract and buying a big one. Keep to contracts that will be easy to sell and get multiples. If you ever have to sell, you will be able to sell smaller contracts easier typically.

As you can tell there is no correct answer. We bought direct at Poly and we stay there very little since we like 2 bedrooms. (Hoping Poly 2 will be same association.) We bought a resale contract same UY but different resort. I book what I can and then call MS and they make the rest happen for me by transferring the points. We have stayed in all resorts that we wanted to so far for 2 bedroom. We do split-stays but that is by choice. We did not buy in when the kiddos were young and we wish we did. We bought in when the kiddos were off to college because they still loved Disney and we did too. When we asked if they wanted to continue coming as young adults they said yes. This summer my DH said lets do a short stay at Disney and go to the mountains for vacation. The kids are "retaliating" and saying they want Disney at ages of 22 and 24. We will be going to Disney! Do what you think is best for your family. Unfortunately there isn't a crystal ball. I do disagree with selling your contract and buying a big one. Keep to contracts that will be easy to sell and get multiples. If you ever have to sell, you will be able to sell smaller contracts easier typically.
I agree with the smaller contracts. I was only looking at contracts under 200 points.

I would recommend holding off until the ink dries. Actually go through A stay as a member and see how it feels. Also, if Poly is your home base - wait and see where things will be with the new association… I currently would not consider Poly because I plan on buying more points over time - but want to keep my home resort tied to one or at most two places. The bungalows are nice, but too pricey for me to plan out for a week or two a year… Also, the lack of heating on the hot tub is disappointing! So maybe we’ll claim my disinterest is due to that and not the bill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter