Am I missing something? No new food/treats?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I’m headed to the parks tomorrow and trying to research any new food or treats to try (let’s be honest, my favorite thing about going to Disney!) but I’m coming up empty. So sad! Am I missing something here?

I too was disappointed by the lack of new treats this summer season. Disney seems to have taken a bit of a break from their recent pattern of new foods overload. There are still some seasonal and new items around. DH and I actually really enjoyed the lemon blueberry magic donut at Schmoozies. There are a few other items scattered through the parks that we weren't interested in trying. I saw a blog post about cherry cheesecake bread pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe. There are some Toy Story ice cream concoctions at the Golden Horseshoe. There is as usual a special hot dog at Award Wieners. I have seen some YouTube videos featuring flavored corn on the cob from the Cozy Cones at DCA and some sort of new Dole whip creation at the Tropical Hideaway.

I too was disappointed by the lack of new treats this summer season. Disney seems to have taken a bit of a break from their recent pattern of new foods overload. There are still some seasonal and new items around. DH and I actually really enjoyed the lemon blueberry magic donut at Schmoozies. There are a few other items scattered through the parks that we weren't interested in trying. I saw a blog post about cherry cheesecake bread pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe. There are some Toy Story ice cream concoctions at the Golden Horseshoe. There is as usual a special hot dog at Award Wieners. I have seen some YouTube videos featuring flavored corn on the cob from the Cozy Cones at DCA and some sort of new Dole whip creation at the Tropical Hideaway.
Yes, there’s stuff like this and seasonal stuff at places like Jolly Holliday... it’s not like a park-wide coordinated thing like they sometimes have, but there is stuff around.

Early this year we got the 2019 Disneyland touring guide that Touring Plans puts out. It’s a nice thick book.

There is one page where they cover all the “not to miss” treats at Disneyland.

To our dismay a number of them were gone by summer! For example, the cinnamon roll cart was removed near Haunted Mansion. We asked the CMs about it, and the way I interpreted their response, it was a casualty from Project Stardust.

Thank you! I’ll check these out.

I agree that they haven’t done much since retiring the Get Your Ears On treats and food (which were great!). Maybe since they’ve blocked out most of the passholders this summer they think it’s not worth it to add many new options. I’m also surprised at the lack of Star Wars themed treats and foods throughout the park. I figured they would be celebrating the opening of the land with more fanfare, but I’ve seen very little outside of Batuu.

Thank you! I’ll check these out.

I agree that they haven’t done much since retiring the Get Your Ears On treats and food (which were great!). Maybe since they’ve blocked out most of the passholders this summer they think it’s not worth it to add many new options. I’m also surprised at the lack of Star Wars themed treats and foods throughout the park. I figured they would be celebrating the opening of the land with more fanfare, but I’ve seen very little outside of Batuu.

Did you see the Star Wars donuts at WhiteWater Snacks? (or whatever they call it now) I haven't tried them but they were cute.

Did you see the Star Wars donuts at WhiteWater Snacks? (or whatever they call it now) I haven't tried them but they were cute.

Uh, don’t bother with the doughnut, IMO. Adorable? YES! Edible? Uh, if you skip the X-wing rock-thingy on top. Even my 8 year olds eyes bulged at that crunch..I literally heard our orthodontist say “Cha-Ching”💸💸💸😂

It does seem like there’s been a lull in fun new treats lately, but there’s definitely been some - inspiration pink cupcakes & macarons, TS4 stuff like the Bonnie’s boot float, the sour cherry beignets, and Jolly Holiday has the pineapple donut back for a bit. But it definitely seems lacking compared to earlier this year with all the mickey’s get your ears on celebration foods!

I’m hoping they’ll have some more new stuff to try in August, but my food list is already getting pretty long so it might be better for my wallet & waistline if they don’t have toooooo many fun new things ;-)

Uh, don’t bother with the doughnut, IMO. Adorable? YES! Edible? Uh, if you skip the X-wing rock-thingy on top. Even my 8 year olds eyes bulged at that crunch..I literally heard our orthodontist say “Cha-Ching”💸💸💸😂
It looked very.... dry. I convinced my son to get the cupcake instead. It was good but a little bit odd. It had pop rocks in the frosting!

I didn't try it since I was planning on a mocha almond fudge sundae later. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!