Am I looking for the impossible? A QUIET restaurant...

Sanaa seemed quiet to me..and that bread service ahhhhhh
I've probably eaten there more than any single eatery in WDW (and yes the bread service has a lot do with it). I've been there when it's quiet and also when it's chaotic. It seems to be either one or the other, and there's no telling really which you're going to get.

If you arrive right when Toledo opens, it’s quiet. We were the first ones seated and enjoyed a lovely dinner at 5.

Tiffins can be hit or miss. Depends on who is seated next to you I find, but there’s enough space between tables that it usually works out.

Amare at Swan Reserve was also quiet but it was a verrrry late dinner. Kids were in bed. Ours should have been too. She almost faceplanted into her pasta. Oops.

DH said he remembers Ale & Compass was quiet. Boathouse was really loud for us the 2 times we have been. (Indoors both times.)

Il Mulino over at the Swan was really quiet last time we were there. I also feel like Sci Fi is always pretty quiet, but there is the movie playing to contend with.

You have a better chance of a quiet dining room if you go out a little early around 4:30/5. We've always enjoyed eating at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht's club and Martha's Vineyard at the Beach Club but their menus are not that big.
I was thinking that a later dinner might be quieter but I hadn't thought of an earlier one. Thanks for the tip!

Toledo has a bit of a buzz, but it’s very conversation-friendly. And the back room is downright quiet.

There’s a section towards the back of Whispering Canyon by the fireplace that’s nice and peaceful.

Olivia’s is pleasant, and the outdoor there patio is especially peaceful.

Like mentioned above, go at an off time. Especially if a restaurant closes between lunch and dinner. Get the latest lunch time you can get and by mid meal, there’s very few people left in the restaurant.
Years ago, we had a 2:30 at Kona Cafe. We didn’t finish until nearly 4pm and nobody else was around. It was awesome.
Not sure if places still “close” between lunch and dinner anymore though.
A few do. Sanaa, for example, Boma, and Ale and Compass. Oh-and Cape May Cafe. I had the latest dining reservation for breakfast once, and by the time I left the restaurant there was only one other couple, way on the other side of the restaurant. Off times are great, as well as eating QS for dinner (I even asked at Columbia Harbour House one evening "Are you open?" because there was no one there), but that's not always true anymore.. Some TS restaurants are much quieter at lunch, too.

Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)
TIA for any suggestions! :)

"Paddlefish" at DS was super quiet !!!

OK I'm just repeating other responses here, but these are the ones we've ate at recently at the resorts and found to have amenable noise levels: Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe, Jiko...

Disney Springs: Wolfgang Puck Cafe Disney Springs, Morimoto (ate lunch here, maybe it's louder during dinner), Terralina Crafted Italian (sat outside on the patio).

I have always found Shulas (and other Swolphin restaurants) to be fairly quiet. I think this is a bit of a holdover from DDP days, the dining plan couldn’t be used at (most? all?) of those restaurants, so there seemed to be fewer families.

Citricos has also been quiet in my experience.

Last edited:
TIffins, for sure. Soooo relaxing (especially after a long standby wait for Flight of Passage).

edit - to expand on this, we ate there during the late mid-day, and I recalled then how quiet and and relaxing it was. There were no screaming children, or loud talkers. The setup of the restaurant lends itself to a quiet environment.

Last edited:
Counterintuitively, most of the hotel "lounges" (i.e., bars) at WDW are often very quiet--with Trader Sam's and perhaps Geyser Point as the only exceptions. The menus are not as extensive full TS restaurants but often the food is quite nice. Ale & Compass Lounge, Crew's Cup lounge, and Enchanted Rose come to mind as places I've enjoyed a quiet evening.

We had a pretty quiet late breakfast/early lunch (11:30am) at Steakhouse 71. Walt's Hash was super good. They have a pretty large dining area which was sparsely filled. I also loved the old pictures of WDW.

Il Mulino and Bluezoo have been about the quietest restaurants that we have dined at.
Very pricey, but V&A has been very quiet every time we have been there, just the background harp music.
Most WDW restaurants, even the signature ones, are a high enough volume that there is constant noise.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter