Am I becoming a DIS Snob?

Mrs D

I realize most people don't hear editing.
I feel like it might be happening. I'm seeing a crush of newbie questions on many of the forums. Is it a seasonal thing what people book trips around Christmas then start their research?

I feel a little bad for thinking this because I know it wasn't too long ago I was the newbie! :rotfl:

Don't be a snob! :flower3:
People have found this website and discussion board in their search for planning a great trip to WDW. They have no idea that a bunch of people just hang out here. They just want some answers. Be nice and help them out. You know it is what you want to do.
:goodvibes

I'm sure you remember that there is a learning curve with using these boards. They are here primarily to give people all the information they need to plan a Disney trip, and I feel secondarily to bring us together as a Disney community.

Take care of the primary goal by sharing your information and being welcoming, and the secondary goal will be attained.

Don't be a snob! :flower3:
People have found this website and discussion board in their search for planning a great trip to WDW. They have no idea that a bunch of people just hang out here. They just want some answers. Be nice and help them out. You know it is what you want to do.
:goodvibes

No, I would never behave like a snob, but the thought of "this is such a basic question" does run through my mind.

And truly, I only found the DIS less than 2 years ago, and now I'm in - hook, line & sinker!

The same questtions about the same stuff are asked over and over again, year after year...including your question about whether or not that happens, LOL.

If you get bored with "which moderate hotel is best?", "is MVMCP worth it?", and "Who has the most character interaction at breakfast?" you can always scroll down to other stuff. It's mostly the same, too, but every so often someone finds a dead and decompsing turtle in the sandbox and posts a pic and it is interesting.

4 Million Babies Born Each Year In United States.
Every year many people will be going to WDW for the first time.
The first time!
And many of these people don't even know that there are questions to be asked and answers to be found.

The newbie questions are fine; I asked a few myself when I was new. I specifically remembering asking some pool-hopping and refillable mug questions that some probably rolled their eyes at. :scared1: But hey, I didn't know any better!

The ones I don't like now are the people who are willing to change up their entire itinerary b/c of what some other people on the DIS have said about this or that restaurant or hotel. Despite what people have said, we've braved O'hana and loved it! Glad we didn't miss it! Or I haven't switched a resort b/c reports are that the walls are paper thin, the m'keeping sucks, or some such nonsense.

And on that same token, we've had less than stellar experiences at places, but, as far as I know, I've never come on the DIS to bash anything. Oh, except for the Gray Line buses in DL; I did openly bash those. I figure that everyone has a right to form their own opinion!

The first step is admitting you have a problem ... ;) I'm sure there are some who ARE snobs and just don't get it.

What will the weather be like in December ??? ;)

Man I wish I could answer this question for myself. I'd like have a schedule of the weather for Dec 11-18 like the park hours! I have my packing done in my head but know I can't really pack until the week of!

Im coming down and I want to do something real special... thats my favorite one !
BUT - I rather see people ask then to be there and cringe when you overhear some of the conversations or worse, miss some horrific detail like planning ahead.

I am a Dis Snob but in another way... I only like the Dis messages boards :confused3

There are some very patient people in the world, but I'm not one of them. Rather than reinvent the wheel when someone asks a basic question that has been covered many times - I will usually post a link to information that will answer their questions.

I don't mind helping out the new folks and answering their questions. I figure I was a new person at one point.

I just hope I don't tell them wrong answers. :rotfl:

The same questtions about the same stuff are asked over and over again, year after year...including your question about whether or not that happens, LOL.

If you get bored with "which moderate hotel is best?", "is MVMCP worth it?", and "Who has the most character interaction at breakfast?" you can always scroll down to other stuff. It's mostly the same, too, but every so often someone finds a dead and decompsing turtle in the sandbox and posts a pic and it is interesting.

That thread was awesome :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 We need more of those to lighten things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter