Alumni Only PI's... how does the hiring process work?

TheWickerMan

Earning My Ears
So I applied to three Alumni Only PI's, and on my dashboard the Alumni Only PI encompasses all three. What happens if one of the positions pass on you? Are you then NLIC'd, or are you only NLIC'd if you don't qualify for ANY of the positions?
In addition, if you are accepted, will you be notified like you were on the CP, with a letter saying that you got a position in ____________?

I tried not getting my hopes up with this Professional Internship business, but... they're up. Way up.

I think for any professional internship they call you with the offer.
I know I don't have much experience and I don't know how my interview really was but I really hope I can get an alumni only PI too haha.

I think for any professional internship they call you with the offer.
I know I don't have much experience and I don't know how my interview really was but I really hope I can get an alumni only PI too haha.

April 26th is a LONG time away. Especially if I end up with nothing. Well, if nothing else, this semester was super boring, and just got super interesting. :lmao:

EDIT: That laughing guy is a bit overstated. It was more of a lighthearted chuckle than what that green face is portraying.

You aren't NLIC for alumni positions until you're out of the running for all of them. In the unlikely event you're offered a PI (based on the numbers I've seen, maybe 3-4% of applicants are and that's a generous number), you receive a phone call with your job offer and pay rate.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You aren't NLIC for alumni positions until you're out of the running for all of them. In the unlikely event you're offered a PI (based on the numbers I've seen, maybe 3-4% of applicants are and that's a generous number), you receive a phone call with your job offer and pay rate.

Thanks, Cais! I think...

Does this include alumni PI's as well? 3-4% seems so low!

The last time I heard numbers, they had about 6000 alumni-only applicants. Then a few thousand applicants for Disney fairy tale weddings, and then all of the other accounting, marketing, MIs, etc. there's obviously a little overlap between the different departments but with only maybe 300 pis on property and this year being a record year in terms of applicants... Yeah I'd say that's a pretty decent ballpark number.

I applied for 4 PIs, one Alumni-only. I got shut out of one a few days after the fact, but i got a phone interview just a couple days ago. Weirdly enough, on my dashboard it said the interview was for the Alumni-only PI specifically, but during the interview, the woman interviewing me said this would act as catch-all interview for the other PIs i was in consideration for.

You guys, this is like, the Harvard of internships.

You just made me laugh out loud. haha Yes, it sure does seem that way, doesn't it? Which did you apply for? I'm a nervous wreck looking at this dashboard every day. Here's hoping we both make it! :cheer2:

Also, is it correct to assume that previous PI's can decide to extend like CP's do and thus, the number of positions needed are less? I don't know where I read that. I just don't know if the folks in the positions now can even decide to stay or is it a limited time deal?

I extended. I basically met with my leader and said I'd love to stay and they extended me that day.

You just made me laugh out loud. haha Yes, it sure does seem that way, doesn't it? Which did you apply for? I'm a nervous wreck looking at this dashboard every day. Here's hoping we both make it! :cheer2:

Also, is it correct to assume that previous PI's can decide to extend like CP's do and thus, the number of positions needed are less? I don't know where I read that. I just don't know if the folks in the positions now can even decide to stay or is it a limited time deal?

I applied to Recreation auditor, epcot ops and downtown disney ops. I'll probably be refreshing my dashboard for the next month haha. What did you apply for?

Can you be a PI for more than a year? Or like if I did the CP and then got a PI would I still be able to extend after?

AliSW said:
Can you be a PI for more than a year? Or like if I did the CP and then got a PI would I still be able to extend after?

No. You would not be able to extend.

As far as the alumni only roles, you won't go NLIC until it applies to all alumni roles you applied for. Typically you're dashboard will go NLIC later rather than sooner unfortunately. It's a cruel mind game applying for PIs! If you do receive an offer though, there is typically an informational form placed on your dashboard to fill out before they call you with your offer.

Receiving a full time employment offer truly depends on the department. Some departments absolutely won't keep an intern for more than the semester offered to give as many people as possible the chance to experience a PI. Others will allow you to extend your PI, the same as you might a CP. Then again they may present you with a full time positing or a TA (temporary assignment).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter