Alumni/Campus Reps who have done more than one program!

c0pperboom

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I just applied for the Spring Advantage 2013 CP. I am an alumni/campus rep, and my phone interview is scheduled for Sunday! I was wondering what kind of questions they usually ask alums rather then what they ask first time applicants! Is it very different?

Also, if I do get in, I know I don't have to go through Traditions again, but can I opt to? Tbh I loved it and would enjoy doing it a second time!

Thanks and have a magical evening!

Hey I've only done one program and I'm currently a campus rep too, but I applied for SA '13 and had my phone interview on Sunday as well. So I more or less just wanted to comment instead of answer the question since we're past that now haha.

To be honest, I think I had a really bad interviewer. He was very robotic and did not allow me any room to like share anything personal about myself so they would know about my "preferences" for locations within the role. For my first CP, I remember talking about "I would love to do attractions and my favorite is Haunted Mansion." This guy just didn't even give me the chance to say anything like that.

However, rant over. I just wanted to share that my interview was the exact same this time as it was the first time, but with slightly modified questions. Instead of asking if I've lived with other people on campus before, he asked me "Since you've lived in CP housing, tell me one problem you've had with your roommates and how you solved it." I also got asked if I work better on a team or individually, what qualifies me for the roles I applied for, and what paced work environment I prefer.

I was really hoping for a special type of "easy" interview since I'm an alum, but I didn't really get that :sad2:

Hey I've only done one program and I'm currently a campus rep too, but I applied for SA '13 and had my phone interview on Sunday as well. So I more or less just wanted to comment instead of answer the question since we're past that now haha.

To be honest, I think I had a really bad interviewer. He was very robotic and did not allow me any room to like share anything personal about myself so they would know about my "preferences" for locations within the role. For my first CP, I remember talking about "I would love to do attractions and my favorite is Haunted Mansion." This guy just didn't even give me the chance to say anything like that.

However, rant over. I just wanted to share that my interview was the exact same this time as it was the first time, but with slightly modified questions. Instead of asking if I've lived with other people on campus before, he asked me "Since you've lived in CP housing, tell me one problem you've had with your roommates and how you solved it." I also got asked if I work better on a team or individually, what qualifies me for the roles I applied for, and what paced work environment I prefer.

I was really hoping for a special type of "easy" interview since I'm an alum, but I didn't really get that :sad2:

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I didn't talk about any of my favorite parks or anything. She was very nice, but it did not go how I thought it would either. My first interview was amazing, but this one left me feeling very.. "eh."

I didn't get asked about preferences either and it made me upset because I really want to work in MK this time if I get in. :(

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I didn't talk about any of my favorite parks or anything. She was very nice, but it did not go how I thought it would either. My first interview was amazing, but this one left me feeling very.. "eh."

I didn't get asked about preferences either and it made me upset because I really want to work in MK this time if I get in. :(

Totally. My interview was so dry, I'm really afraid that it impacted me during it. I keep thinking I didn't take it upon myself to force my personality through and was I happy enough? Obviously in my first interview we didn't discuss every role because that would take forever (I checked off a lot), but we did discuss quite a few. This time, I selected just as many roles, and the guy only asked me about 2. And they were related to each other (concierge and hospitality). I would love those roles, but I also would have loved to discuss attractions because I want to do attractions very badly. Preferably splash mountain or haunted mansion, but I wouldn't have been picky :)

This wait is killing me! haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter