Already have a Blue card and purchasing resale?

PowerGuru

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

We got 160 points with BLT and then got 25 points directly from Disney. This was more than couple of years back and hence we have the blue card. I want to add around another 75-100 points at BLT.

if I buy from resale would these "add-on points only" be limited to the restrictions of "You can use these new resale add-on points only at the classic resorts and not at Riviera and any other resort" and buying from directly from Disney won't have these restrictions. So basically, I can use 185 points for all resorts (current and future) and the new resale points (say 100) only at classic and No Riviera and No future resorts). Is this correct?

Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

We got 160 points with BLT and then got 25 points directly from Disney. This was more than couple of years back and hence we have the blue card. I want to add around another 75-100 points at BLT.

if I buy from resale would these "add-on points only" be limited to the restrictions of "You can use these new resale add-on points only at the classic resorts and not at Riviera and any other resort" and buying from directly from Disney won't have these restrictions. So basically, I can use 185 points for all resorts (current and future) and the new resale points (say 100) only at classic and No Riviera and No future resorts). Is this correct?

Thank you.
You are correct.

Blue card is related to membership extras only, not the restrictions.

Since Jan 2019, resale points are restricted to original resorts, and it doesn’t matter what else you own, or whether or not you have a blue card,

For example, my SSR points were purchased prior to 2019 so good everywhere, but that Aug UY membership did not make me eligible for blue card because it was bought in 2017, after the decision for membership extras.

Blue card is related to membership extras only, not the restrictions.

Since Jan 2019, resale points are restricted to original resorts, and it doesn’t matter what else you own, or whether or not you have a blue card,

For example, my SSR points were purchased prior to 2019 so good everywhere, but that Aug UY membership did not make me eligible for blue card because it was bought in 2017, after the decision for membership extras.
Thank you.
We got our direct add-on 25 points at BLT in Jan 2018 and 160 points from resale at BLT prior to that.

So I am assuming,
1. 185 points can be used at any current and future resorts.
2. Any additional resale contracts from 2019 onwards would be only the “classics” resorts.

Thank you.
We got our direct add-on 25 points at BLT in Jan 2018 and 160 points from resale at BLT prior to that.

So I am assuming,
1. 185 points can be used at any current and future resorts.
2. Any additional resale contracts from 2019 onwards would be only the “classics” resorts.

Correct! And if you ever sell the 25 points, you would lose the blue card and membership extras.

But those 160 points bought resale before 2019 would still be eligible for booking RIV and future resorts.

Correct! And if you ever sell the 25 points, you would lose the blue card and membership extras.

But those 160 points bought resale before 2019 would still be eligible for booking RIV and future resorts.
Thank you.

We don't know what will happen with future resorts. It's possible they will be like RIV and have restrictions. It's possible they will be like VGF2 and be in the O14. It's possible that they do none of the above and put them in DVC2 and even direct points don't help.

I think it's fair to assume the new DL Tower will be like Riviera with the restrictions, but we don't know for sure. The Poly2 announcement was intentionally vague and could be either.

I think it's fair to assume the new DL Tower will be like Riviera with the restrictions, but we don't know for sure. The Poly2 announcement was intentionally vague and could be either.

Then there's California time share law and the limited availability of Grand Cal. So, who knows at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!