Already did a search .. But still need some help?

Cilegna

Earning My Ears
I usually stay at a hotel that provides FREE breakfast (Embassy Suites). However, this trip we are staying at a hotel that does not provide breakfast. I am intersted in a BUFFET style breakfast for TWO adults. From the search I did on this board, I came up with two choices I liked:

SPOODLES
1900 Park Fare

Both sound lovely, however, I am not committed to spending $25-$40 a day on breakfast. I will be going for 9 days. Does anyone know any buffets in the Lake Buena Vista area for less money. I did see an ad for the Ponderosa, I believe $5.99 a person. Has anyone eaten here? I would like to spend NO MORE than $20 with tax and tip for TWO adults. The buffet MUST have at least eggs, bacon, and waffles. If you a buffet suggestion, can you please tell me the cost per person, if possible?

I will be going to Spoodles and 1900 Park Fare on this trip but I want more economical choices for the rest of the days. We are staying at Wyndham Palace at Downtown Disney. If anyone has suggestions for places to eat breakfast in the Downtown Disney area as well, it wil be appreciated. :D

[This message was edited by Cilegna on 04-05-01 at 05:47 PM.]

Ponderosa and Sizzler are the two standard buffet choices in Orlando, with a good middle-of-the-road choice and pretty low prices. I prefer the Cracker Barrel (there's one by the I4 junction with Universal) for an excellent and good value breakfast, but you can't drive far in Orlando without seeing an 'All-you-can-eat' food deal sign :D

In DD, your only real breakfast choice is McD's and Wolfgang Puck's Express.

simon.veness@virgin.net

I remember seeing some signs for buffets but wasn't really paying attention my last trip. As for Cracker Barrel, I have never eaten in this place before. Is it a buffet?.

I am really trying to AVOID any buffets that are horrible.

Last year during vacation at Disney we ate at the Ponderosa one afternoon.

I know that they do have quite a large breakfast buffet bar if you would like to try it; others have given it a positive review. Our dinner at their buffet was delicious and the prices were around $5.99 or so. Also, I remember the breakfast buffet being priced similarly.

On a side note there are several Golden Corral Restaurants nearby. We ate at one of their breakfast buffets one morning; they had sausage, bacon, waffles, pancakes, fruit, eggs, toast, and etc. The price again was around $5.99 also. The food and sevice was great.

I have been looking around for good food in the Downtown Disney area also. We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, across from the Wyndham. I was going to try the Courtyard Cafe and Grille, at the Courtyard. They have an all your can eat breakfast buffet, that I've heard good things about. It is $7.95 per adult.

I also know the Rainforest cafe in DD serves breakfast also.

Have a great time!!! :D

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001
Courtyard WDW May 2001
HIFS & AS Movies Sept/Oct 2001

Oops! I'm afraid Cracker Barrel don't do buffets. However, their portions are very generous and the food is excellent if you decide to check them out. Here's a link to their menus:

Cracker Barrel

I haven't tried Golden Corral, but I have also heard good things about their buffets.

simon.veness@virgin.net

I thought I had previouly posted but it seems to have vanished.
If you're not locked into your hotel (i.e. Priceline) you might consider changing back to Embassy Suites. The breakfast buffets at Golden Corral and Ponderosa are OK but not in the same league as ES. Alternatively you might find out what it costs to eat breakfast at ES.
YC has a smaller scale breakfast buffet that is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter