Alpine Magic in 2010

Hey Bobo912, I completely forgot to ask about other kids. I think I freaked a little when I heard there were only 14 at this point in time and the July 4 trip is about 2/3 full. Having other kids on the trip would be great, but we've also been on enough vacations that if DS hangs with us only, that is alot of fun too. As long as the trip goes, we will have a blast.

We don't have alot of flexibility with dates, so if this doesn't go, we will either do it on our own (a lot of work) or we have been looking at a Tauck Bridges trip that goes on 7/1. It is the "Cruising the Blue Danube". With some modifications to flights we could do Paris first, then go to Budapest. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but you never know.

Anyways, good luck and have fun planning your adventure to Yosemite and any other vacations you may do this year.

I bet he won't be the only kid. But if he is, he is sure to get a lot of attention. And he'll have a great time with the guides. All of the kids on the trips we've taken have loved spending time with the guides. I was considering the Blue Danube trip too. It looks like fun. You probably don't have anything to worry about though. After the cancellation debacle last year, surely they won't cancel a trip with 14 people booked. June is still quite a ways off too and I'm sure there are many people who are just starting to think about summer vacations. It looks like a fantastic trip. I'm jealous!

Hi! New here - we're booked on the June 6th Alpine Magic trip. Talked to them again today to see how many were booked on the trip - 21 right now so should be good to go. Our group is 3 - me, my 14 almost 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. Should be fun!

Hi! New here - we're booked on the June 6th Alpine Magic trip. Talked to them again today to see how many were booked on the trip - 21 right now so should be good to go. Our group is 3 - me, my 14 almost 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. Should be fun!

I feel better now that they have 21 people booked on this tour. I am booked on it and I was getting nervous with it.

Well, made the final payment for our June 20 Alpine Magic adventure, and it looks like the trip is a go. The Disney rep said that as of 3/15, it is 87% full. There are other kids on the trip also, including another 7 yo. So, now we need to fill in the free time with fun things to do in Stresa, Zermatt, and Lucerne. And of course, Paris (on our own, after the ABD).

We are thinking about paragliding in Zermatt and Mt. Pilatus in Lucerne. Any other suggestions from those who have been on this trip would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else booked on The August 5 Alpine Magic? My husband and I are going with our 3 daughters (12, 16, and 19)!

I wish we were! This trip and the Peru trip are our top next picks--so do please do a trip report when you are back! (A recent PBS Rick Steves show on Switzerland was great and has us longing for the Alps).

Alpine Magic looks awesome, I am considering this for next year!! DS and I are not fond of heights, DD and DH would definitely do the ropes courses and ziplines. What could the little guy (age 10) and I do at the ropes course? Are there very low ropes or an alternative activity for us?

Alpine Magic looks awesome, I am considering this for next year!! DS and I are not fond of heights, DD and DH would definitely do the ropes courses and ziplines. What could the little guy (age 10) and I do at the ropes course? Are there very low ropes or an alternative activity for us?

There is a very low rope course for children. The younger kids on our trip seemed to have a lot of fun on that course.

Well, made the final payment for our June 20 Alpine Magic adventure, and it looks like the trip is a go. The Disney rep said that as of 3/15, it is 87% full. There are other kids on the trip also, including another 7 yo. So, now we need to fill in the free time with fun things to do in Stresa, Zermatt, and Lucerne. And of course, Paris (on our own, after the ABD).

We are thinking about paragliding in Zermatt and Mt. Pilatus in Lucerne. Any other suggestions from those who have been on this trip would be greatly appreciated.

Hi RSM,

We received the pre-trip booklet and backpacks today, so Disney is right on schedule... 45 days & counting! Did you receive your package today?

Hi RSM,

We received the pre-trip booklet and backpacks today, so Disney is right on schedule... 45 days & counting! Did you receive your package today?

Hi DisFan10--Just received it and still need to look through the details. DS loves his backpack. It all seems so real now, and the 45 days will fly by. Really looking forward to this trip.

Hello!
I'm new to the forum but very excited about our first ABD trip which will be the alpine magic trip departing 8/5/10.

We will be a party of 5, 3 adults and 2 children. Children are 10 and 6 and our third adult is our family friend aged 26.

We are excited about the trip and will be leaving from Washington DC. We will be in Venice for three days prior to the trip and are hoping to have a memorable time.

Looking forward to following the threads and contributing and tidbits that might help others. Hope to see u all soon!!

ri

ABD has removed a lot of dates for many of the trips on their website. I assume these are the ones that are sold out and the ones that have already occurred. They've never done that before, which never made sense to me, so I like it. Tozzie & RSM your Alpine Magic dates are gone, so I guess your trips are fully booked.

ABD has removed a lot of dates for many of the trips on their website. I assume these are the ones that are sold out and the ones that have already occurred. They've never done that before, which never made sense to me, so I like it. Tozzie & RSM your Alpine Magic dates are gone, so I guess your trips are fully booked.

I would assume that is why it was taken down. When we made our final payment in March, they said it was 87% full (35/40), so it would make sense that it filled up. I don't know whether it is better to have a full trip or one with 20 people. With 40, does it feel too full and can you still get help from the guides if you need it. We tend to be pretty low maintenance, but I would like some help in maybe booking a couple of free time excursions/activities.

I'm sure it will be a great time either way, unless of course another ash cloud moves into northern Europe--need to keep telling myself to think positive. However, I do wish we had left a day earlier just in case.

I would assume that is why it was taken down. When we made our final payment in March, they said it was 87% full (35/40), so it would make sense that it filled up. I don't know whether it is better to have a full trip or one with 20 people. With 40, does it feel too full and can you still get help from the guides if you need it. We tend to be pretty low maintenance, but I would like some help in maybe booking a couple of free time excursions/activities.

I'm sure it will be a great time either way, unless of course another ash cloud moves into northern Europe--need to keep telling myself to think positive. However, I do wish we had left a day earlier just in case.

The guides are so efficient and well-prepared, I don't think you will have any problems, even with a big group. On the positive side, your son is more likely to have another child in his age group to hang out with.

Hello I'm back again.

We can hardly wait for this trip to get here as we are sure it will be spectacular. I've searched thru the thread but was wondering has anyone been on this trip before to recommend clothing options we may need during the Alps portion. I assume it will be comfortable summer weather with the potential for light jacket/pullover at night? Overpacking is too easy for us and Im trying to prevent it if possible.

Any groups out there going on 8/5/10 trip? We are a party of 5 with two adults and three kids aged 26, 10 and 6.

Hope to hear from some of you, should be a great trip. Take care and enjoy!!

ri

I don't know whether it is better to have a full trip or one with 20 people. With 40, does it feel too full and can you still get help from the guides if you need it. We tend to be pretty low maintenance, but I would like some help in maybe booking a couple of free time excursions/activities.

Our Italy trip that we just went on had 40 adults. The guides were great and they were always available for questions, ideas, and suggestions. That's the benefit of having 2 guides. There was never a time when we felt like the guides were too busy for us.

Our Italy trip that we just went on had 40 adults. The guides were great and they were always available for questions, ideas, and suggestions. That's the benefit of having 2 guides. There was never a time when we felt like the guides were too busy for us.

Thanks Diskidatheart. That is good to know. I see you are from Pittsburgh. I am originally from Beaver, now living outside of Boston. DH is a huge Patriots fan, and of course I am a huge Steelers fan. Always "interesting" in our house when the two play.

Hello I'm back again.

We can hardly wait for this trip to get here as we are sure it will be spectacular. I've searched thru the thread but was wondering has anyone been on this trip before to recommend clothing options we may need during the Alps portion. I assume it will be comfortable summer weather with the potential for light jacket/pullover at night? Overpacking is too easy for us and Im trying to prevent it if possible.

Any groups out there going on 8/5/10 trip? We are a party of 5 with two adults and three kids aged 26, 10 and 6.

Hope to hear from some of you, should be a great trip. Take care and enjoy!!

ri

We went the third week of August last year. The weather was beautiful!!! I actually think it was unseasonably warm...even in Zermott. Only rained one morning. Our light raincoats worked well for that. I took a light weight zip up jacket that I wore on the plane and I carried that with me wherever we went. It was nice to have on the bus (in case the air conditioning was blowing on me) and I could leave it in the bus if I didn't want to carry it. Was also nice to have if the restaurants were a bit chilly. It was similiar to the light weight north face jackets. The only place that we were cold was at the top of Glacier Paradise but that was well worth a few goose bumps for the fantastic pictures we took!! Have a great time. It was an absolutely fantastic trip. We are headed to Ireland in a month.

We went the third week of August last year. The weather was beautiful!!! I actually think it was unseasonably warm...even in Zermott. Only rained one morning. Our light raincoats worked well for that. I took a light weight zip up jacket that I wore on the plane and I carried that with me wherever we went. It was nice to have on the bus (in case the air conditioning was blowing on me) and I could leave it in the bus if I didn't want to carry it. Was also nice to have if the restaurants were a bit chilly. It was similiar to the light weight north face jackets. The only place that we were cold was at the top of Glacier Paradise but that was well worth a few goose bumps for the fantastic pictures we took!! Have a great time. It was an absolutely fantastic trip. We are headed to Ireland in a month.

Thanks so much. Great tips. I was thinking one north face pullover for each of us, wear it on the plane and tote it around

Were the guides helpful with local restaurant choices for our free time?

How were the accomidations they look lovely on the site.

Silly question but what type of footware as it seems like a variety of activities.

Thanks!

One last thing are you going to Ireland on the ABD trip?

ri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter