Alpacas

I once did a research project on alpacas that mostly seemed to involve them spitting and kicking me. They are cute from a distance, but that's about it.

I once did a research project on alpacas that mostly seemed to involve them spitting and kicking me. They are cute from a distance, but that's about it.

So you are saying they are a "monet" cute or pretty from far away but up close ewww!

I don't care for Alpacas personally. A family by my Mom's house has them and they are pretty mean for no reason. If you just walk by them they try to kick.

Alpacas are small enough to ride in your van.

campytrip8.jpg

holy crap! (and i mean that crap part literally) i won't even let the dog in my van without being in a cage that has a shower curtain under it. Ewww! But that kid looks like he is apprehensively loving the experience (until the alpaca horks on him or bites off his ear lobe.)

LOL...we have used that word in IT for a while to describe what someone's done to their system! :lmao:

- Bill

ya caught me bill - techie lingo flushed me out for the geek (and proud of it) that i am. i loved the word "hork" in high school long before my tech days. the 80's had terms of their own for everything.

My nephew works with llamas and alpacas with 4H. They are cute enough as long as you aren't in spit range...

Alapaca fur is also widely used (along with mohair) to make traditional and designer teddy bears. I think I still have some. I know I have designer teddy bears made from alapaca fur

Alpacas produce wonderful hair that makes incredibly soft and warm yarn. The yarn creates a beautiful light and drapy fabric. I plan on getting some next weekend at the fiber festival I am going to. I will happily post photos after I get home.

Kim

Hey, are you going to Rhinebeck?! I am, and by my Dis handle you can see I'm a knitter and love anything wooly, especially the cute and cuddly Alpaca!

I dont do animals or outdoor type things. The Wilderness Lodge is about all I can handle. Even that was bad for me. No way no how am I raising smelly animals.

We had my daughters birthday party today with the animals. They brought a llama, his name was Cusco, and a beautiful white pony named Sugar. Obviously the llama is used to kids and was very good with them, the handler said they only spit when they are agitated. The kids had a great time with him.

66405_1646474203838_1296393137_31743568_7991026_n.jpg

66010_1646460923506_1296393137_31743516_4798445_n.jpg

65876_1646472243789_1296393137_31743564_6115859_n.jpg

44970_1646467123661_1296393137_31743528_4741774_n.jpg

Nice Disney touch with the llama (Is the Emperors new groove a disney movie?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter