Alpacas

dpuck1998

<font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen
What do you think of Alpacas? It was a topic in chat, just wondering what everyone else thinks...discuss...

I think they are so so cute!

We went on vacation & drove the Fruit Loop road several years back. Fruit trees...we picked cherries. Then there were berry farms & we picked blueberries & lot more places like that & even several Alpaca farms.

I loved the Alpacas & came home wanting to get some. But after I priced them I decided that would be a rather expensive hobby! Sure were sweet though

I think alpacas are a lot like llamas, but without the weird double consonant to start their name.

I hear they make great sweaters.

There are always alpacas with the llamas at our state fair when we tour the livestock barns. We usually keep a safe distance because we don't want to get spit at.

Personally, I prefer the miniature donkeys that are usually on display at that same time. If we lived in the country, I'd have miniature donkeys and a donkey cart in a heartbeat!

Alpacas produce wonderful hair that makes incredibly soft and warm yarn. The yarn creates a beautiful light and drapy fabric. I plan on getting some next weekend at the fiber festival I am going to. I will happily post photos after I get home.

Kim

They smell bad, and have bad teeth. :cool2:

See that is what I mean, I saw them on dirty jobs and they are just ugly. The alpaca craze is lost on me. Long gangly necks, bad ugly fur and big rear ends.

I have a friend who runs an Alpaca farm....Their fur is is very popular and trading them can be a very lucrative business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter