Alone in Disneyland

Glad you had a fun time at MHP. Sorry we missed you yesterday. Our schedules just didn't line up. Hope you enjoyed your last day, and had a good trip back to Orlando. I know you're looking forward to seeing your family. :)

Teresa your review of the party has me so excited! I can't wait to go now. I was so worried that we had been spoiled by MNSSHP.

My last day in California arrived on Saturday. Check out day for me at Disneyland Hotel. I spent the morning trying to pack everything in my little bag. As always I had way over packed for this trip and took home quite a few clothes I never even wore. Packing my candy from the party was an issue as was the little bottles of toiletries for Stella and her "Spa". A good bit of the candy had to be abandoned or given away.
After stowing my luggage with bell services I set out to find Wayne, who was taking photos of the resort. We walked around and talked about the history of the resort and the many changes.... very interesting.

We walked over to the park to meet up with Nancy and her family. Tom Bell's wife Kristi and son West came down for the day too. We met in Fantasyland and were surprized to find Pryncesschrysty and her family waiting too. I finally got my ride on the Storybook Canal boats.... How fun!!! I want all of the little villages and storybook lands in my yard. Stella and I would be out there playing and hanging all the time. Orlando needs this!!!!

We had a fairly decent lunch at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. Which is where Mary Jo and Kelly joined us. We had a great visit and Kristi helped me with my 3rd grade math issues. After lunch we were in time to catch the Celebrate street party.(I think that's what it was). High energy dancing and singing. I do have to say I like the Peter Pan better out here. Orlando's kinda creeps me out.

I really needed to ride haunted Mansion again before leaving and was willing to stand in line today. With our visiting and looking at the decorations the time flew by.

We all walked down mainstreet toward the front. I realized my trip was coming to an end. My time with my personal travel guides was almost over. What a great week. The first few days I spent alone, in the rain, getting to know Disneyland. By midweek the friends started arriving and adding to my adventure and Disney knowledge.

Mary Jo had offered to take me to the Airport and I accepted. After collecting my luggage we were on our way and my trip was at an end.

This past week was great!!! Did I miss my family? yes! But seeing Disney this way and having the time alone was priceless. I now know that I really need to get my girls out here to see what I have seen. They need to experience "THIS DISNEY".

I will be heading to the Magic Kingdom soon and I know that I will be saying to whoever will listen how different it is from the original.

This trip is only the beginning for me. I need to know more now. I can't wait till April and what it will bring.

Thanks Boss,

T.

Glitter T., Awesome trip report!

You are more than welcome to join us next week to any park.

Great report Teresa! I will be doing a WDW solo trip on 11/28 & can't wait! Leaving DH with 3 kids - they'll be fine.

Since I'm a bit "commando", I will set my alarm each day to maximize my 5 days & 4 nights. I'm glad you got to do DL alone! It will be fun introducing your family to it's magical wonders when they get to go next time!

Would love to hear a review of one of your solo sit down meals!

P.S. What a great boss you have!

Awesome report T...glad you had a wonderful time. I hope your little one is better now....

Thanks for posting the trip report - could just picture being in DLR and walking around. Loved the writing, could just see you in your room with my kind of dinner chocolate cake and french onion soup :)

Glad you got to experience DLR and its charm. Can't wait to read another report from you T.

Loved your report T! Sounds like you had a truly amazing time.
I soooo agree that DL's vibe is just so much more intimate & it just feels different than WDW. I think it's because Walt's special touch is just everywhere. :goodvibes

Great report. I look forward to hearing more details on the podcast. We bought DVC points at the Grand CA and plan to make the trip in the future.

LOVE THIS! Thanks for writing this T! I just found it (thanks for the link on facebook). What a wonderful time you had overall. It is good timing for me to read this since Tim and I are going to the World by ourselves for the first time without the kids and I'm worried sick about how much i will miss the kids, you showed me that there are going to be rough times but overall you were able to have a great time without family. What wonderful experiences you had, you definitely have me wanting to go to Disneyland for the first time, the rides and park sounds wonderful!
Thanks!
Lesley

glad you had an awesome time! it was lots of fun hanging out and seeing you Friday night (and watching you bribe the CMs for more candy =P) and Saturday! =D

Shame your trip is over Teresa but it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Many of the things you liked about Disneyland sound very similar to Disneyland Paris :goodvibes

Theresa,

It was so great hanging with you and getting to share so many great adventures. I am so glad that I was able to show you some of my favorite things at Disneyland. That was quite a mix of Disney, friends and Southern California. (Remember the guy with the spiky blue hair?)

I'm glad you got your "alone time" in Walt's original park; now you know how I get when I'm there. And you definitely got both ends of the experience; from alone at the park to trying to squeeze in all 10 of us into the Storybookland Canal Boats!

Your trip reports are excellent and I've loved reading them. Now I need to finish up my Blog of the Halloween Party.

Thanks again for letting me be a part of your adventure. Please let me know if you get out this way again. Believe it or not, there is so much more to explore!

Take care and see you again real soon!

-Wayne

Hey T! Glad you made it home okay and that everyone is resting and healing - except for those hundreds of emails you have! What a fabulous disboards family get together!

Finally got around to turning on my laptop and come over to the report (I started writing out my lengthy reply and the boards kept crashing on my phone...) .

The shout out for info you had was The Mexican Dia de los Muertes (Day of the Dead) celebration in Zocalo Park. Fabulous little educational and artistic display - with the only time you'll ever get free facepainting in a Disney park!!! Lily got one of those skeletons on Sunday!

I definitely had a great time helping to show you around. It was fun to watch you as you discovered different things to love out here. Highlights included
  • the Circus Train - your mantra of this needs to be in my yard - repeated over and over again
  • your death grip on Indiana Jones - glad I showed you the trick of bracing with your foot to reduce the spinal shock
  • the look of horror and train wreck, when you saw Max, Buff, and Melvin in their motionless state
  • the fog they pumped onto the Rivers of America and how it really added that appropriate creepy/mysterious night effect - and the hoard of Jack Sparrows that abounded in it!
  • the joy of finding the little pumpkin demitasses - the sorrow of them being sold out (how was that pumpkin cupcake?)
  • The "What do you mean I'm going to Hell in a handbasket???" before you road Mr Toad and figured it out for yourself
  • the elation of discovering that the "show me" trick worked and then the laughter that all of us got more candy than Pete did - and we didn't have Stella, either!

Can't wait until you can bring the girls back up one day. That offer definitely still holds!

I haven't been on the boards for awhile...Facebook is easier for me. I have to say, Pete is a big meanie for sending you to Disneyland alone! Half the fun is turning to your kids and saying, "Wow! Look at that!"

I don't think I'd be willing to go without my kids. Maybe later...when they're adults and aren't a part of my daily life anymore anyway, but right now, all I could think of was how I wished they were there with me to enjoy the experiences.

Glad you survived it...hoping Klaus' limp is gone today!

The shout out for info you had was The Mexican Dia de los Muertes (Day of the Dead) celebration in Zocalo Park. Fabulous little educational and artistic display - with the only time you'll ever get free facepainting in a Disney park!!! Lily got one of those skeletons on Sunday!
Not true! My girls and I got free face painting at MNSSHP when we were in WDW.

Here are the girls...
172095776.jpg

And here's mine. First time I ever got my face painted.
dbpfacepaint.jpg

Teresa, I just wanted to say I loved your report. Thanks for sharing with us.

Not true! My girls and I got free face painting at MNSSHP when we were in WDW.

Here are the girls...
172095776.jpg

And here's mine. First time I ever got my face painted.
dbpfacepaint.jpg

Ya know, I never thought to get my face painted, heck it can't make me look worse! I'm doing it next time Dave, great idea!!

We just got back from our first trip to DL too, staying at GC on our DVC points. Generally loved it (pirates was much better, space mountain was better, Indy was great, Haunted Mansion Holiday was amazing, fantasmic was better, even without the dragon), but it didn't really compare to WDW for us; just not enough there there. I missed EPCOT!

World of Color was singularly amazing, however. We did do the halloween party on 10/1 and had a great time.

Oh, and they should definitely put some hazard tape up around that castle so people know it's there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter