ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the pool hopping nonsense! We were there in mid-May and every afternoon we had trouble finding just one pool chair at the volcano pool. It was swamped with people. We paid over $3000 for just our room, I'd think we should be able to use the stupid pool. I still can't believe how hard it was to find a chair. It frustrated my DH and kids because the quiet pool wasn't where they wanted to swim. I did an online survey after our trip and made sure to mention this issue.

I agree with the pool hopping nonsense! We were there in mid-May and every afternoon we had trouble finding just one pool chair at the volcano pool. It was swamped with people. We paid over $3000 for just our room, I'd think we should be able to use the stupid pool. I still can't believe how hard it was to find a chair. It frustrated my DH and kids because the quiet pool wasn't where they wanted to swim. I did an online survey after our trip and made sure to mention this issue.

Pool hopping is ridiculous at the Poly. You see people blatantly getting off the boat/monorail wearing their bathing suits all the time. Think they are mostly other monorail resort guests that think it's ok to pool hop because they are at another deluxe resort. I guess it is ok really, since management does very little to stop it. Even in 2011, when they were seemingly trying to get serious about curbing the pool hopping by issuing wrist bands, I had a conversation with the life guard cm who was issuing the bands. I told her how much we appreciated them issuing wrist bands and she told us that they weren't extremely serious about doing it i.e. it was only done sporadically and if any of the life guards called off that day they would not do it. I also watched them stop a large group that walked out of the GCH heading for the pool in beach wear and asked them for resort id's for the wrist bands. When they were told by the guests that they were not staying at the Poly the cm only instructed them that they could not use any of the seating near the pool. So they just sat at the tables up by Capt Cooke's but were free to, and did, use the volcano pool! I really don't understand management's lack of effort to stop the pool hopping at all.

I was wondering if there is a delivery charge for water at the poly? We did have one at the beach club because it was a convention resort.THANKS

Can anyone tell me if CL has corona or vodka in the lounge? Thx!

Not when we were there last month. The only interesting beer was a Kona one (the others were Bud Light and such), and the wine selection was pretty poor as well. We were quite disappointed in the club offerings.:(

Not when we were there last month. The only interesting beer was a Kona one (the others were Bud Light and such), and the wine selection was pretty poor as well. We were quite disappointed in the club offerings.:(

There are also liqueurs and an alcoholic punch (that tastes similar to sangria), but no Corona or hard liquor as the pp says.

Does anyone know about the outlet situation in the Poly? We will have 3 adults and one child. We have phones, laptops, iPads, cameras etc.

Also, we are going the last week of July, will we be able to survive the heat :)

It will be my 6YO grandsons first trip, we are all so excited.
You can always bring a power bar or two ...

Well we have 20 days before we leave for polly it will be our first time there. We are very excited about this trip I hope we like it as much as beach and yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter