Aloha !! ~ mandymouse's pre-trippy (*Byeeeeee !!!*)

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
Castmembers

Mandy (45) – Desperate for Bahama Mama’s, Lapu Lapu’s and Rose Regale’s
Paul (44) – Desperate for a holiday and some sunshine
Kerry (18) – Desperate for Hollister & Urban Outfitters
Becky (16) - Desperate to meet the Jonas Brothers (I can’t guarantee that one)

CIMG5854-1.jpg

CIMG5609.jpg

August ‘08

The first snippets of planning for 2009 began onboard the Disney Wonder last summer. While having a fab time with ‘The Bahama Mama’s’, we decided that we wanted to take advantage of the rebooking discount and onboard credit. So we booked a 4 night Cruise, 16th/20th August ’09 in a Category 6 on deck 6. We weren’t sure if we’d definitely stick to these dates, but if we changed them, we could take the discount and credit with us

CIMG5831.jpg

September ‘08

The proper planning of this holiday began the day Travel City Direct went bust :scared1: We were desperately trying to find flights for the New Year, when Paul had a bit of a panic and decided to book our Summer holiday through Virgin at the same time. The economy was starting to go bad, and he decided that if we just paid a deposit for the flights, 2 weeks at the Pop Century and our hire car, then we wouldn’t need to worry about it again till it was due for payment this June

SANY0061.jpg

We love the Pop Century ::yes:: and hopefully we'll get a room close to the Computer Pool. I'm also looking forward to Tie Dye Cheesecakes and Hula Hoop cocktails

May ‘09

After a bit of an up and down start to the year with hubby’s job, we started to think more positively about our summer holiday, so I decided to stick a little treat in for us ….

And I booked ….

Our final two nights of the holiday at ….

THE POLYNESIAN !!!

Woohoo !!!!!!! I am so excited about staying here, it is somewhere I have always wanted to stay, and I thought it would be a fab way to finish off our trip, especially as Kerry is going away with her friend to WDW in the New Year, and may not want to holiday with us in the near future (and on a lighter note ~ I won’t have too far to stagger back to my room after too many Lapu Lapu’s
10.gif
)

SANY0352.jpg

Other things I have done this month include ~

Made ADR’s ~
- Crystal Palace
- Tutto Italia (Italian food, wine & Epcot, what more do I need ?? :) )
- Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch (my fave brekkie in WDW)
- We’re also hoping for an early lunch at T-Rex (though I’m not making a ressie)

Got a fairfx card as the dollar rate has started to rise (and let’s hope it keeps rising)

Booked the Travelodge at Manchester Airport for the night before our flight

Paid off our Cruise in time for making our Palo reservations
~ Palo Dinner (6pm on Pirate Night) and we’ll join the girls later in the dining room
~ Palo Brunch (for 10.30am on our Day at Sea)
Paul & I love Palo, and it's so nice to have some 'us' time. The food here is delish and I can't wait to try their yummy Panna Cotta dessert again

Started buying gifts for our Cruise Fish Extender Exchange ~ The FE exchange is so much fun. We've only got 5 families (so far) taking part in the exchange, but it has been lots of fun buying bits and pieces for it

June ‘09

It will soon be time to pay off our Virgin Holiday invoice ( :eek: ouch !!)
Must book our Meet & Greet at Manchester Airport
Buy our 14 night WDW tickets

June/July/August ‘09

I’m going to spend lots of time in the garden to start off my tan, as it’s going to be warm and sunny all summer ;) (well a heat wave has been predicted – :rolleyes:)

Start packing and refrain from buying anymore tops (hmm, that might not be so easy – :rotfl:)

Itinerary

07th - Stay overnight at the Travelodge Manchester
08th - Fly to Orlando & check in at Pop Century/DTD for tickets & Wal-Mart to get supplies in
09th - Epcot (am EMH)
10th - Disney Hollywood Studios (am EMH)
11th - Magic Kingdom (am EMH), breakfast at Crystal Palace
12th - Animal Kingdom (am EMH)/Dinner at Tutto Italia, Epcot (for Paul & me)
13th - Magic Kingdom (am EMH)
14th - Disney Hollywood Studios (am EMH)
15th - Animal Kingdom (am EMH)
16th - Board the Disney Wonder and first real Bahama Mama-time
17th - Nassau, Bahamas – stay onboard to sunbathe and drink various cocktails
18th - Castaway Cay, Dinner ~ Palo (6pm), Pirate Night
19th - Day at Sea, Brunch ~ Palo (10.30am)
20th - Disembark Disney Wonder/Check-in at The Polynesian Resort, ? Park
21st - Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch, ? Park
22nd - DTD check-in with Virgin, ? Park, fly home
23rd - Arrive home :(

That’s as much as we want to commit to, but no doubt there will be several visits to the Mall at Millenia, Florida Mall and Festival Bay, and hopefully we’ll get a visit to a water park or two in as well

Oh Mandy lovely Pre trip!! :) The Polynesian Resort you lucky thing i have been pricing it up aswell for a few nights and ummin and arring lol will have to wait for your trip report when you are back hehe!!!

Pop Century Rocks :cool1::cool1:

:thumbsup2

Woooooo!! lol

great Pre trip report Mandy, I cant wait to hear all about the Poly as it is on my list of places I would love to stay :goodvibes

Great start Mandy!...
Im looking forward to the rest....:thumbsup2

sounds fab and a 2 nighter at the poly is a real treat that you deserve :goodvibes

Great start to your trippie Mandy, im glad to hear that you will have both the girls with you :hug:

Your plans for this trip sound wonderful and wish i was going as welll :)
I'm sure your all going to have a great time :thumbsup2

Sounds like a fantastic trip you've planned.

Make the most of your trip with both DD's, I know my Christmas trip will be the last one with eldest DD it's going to be so strange with just one DD next summer.

What a treat to stay at the Polynesian, I'd love to stay there one day.:love:

Finally there is no way I could keep up with you on the cocktails. On our 1st night last year on the Wonder I only had 2 and woke the next day feeling so ill:sick: I must be such a lightweight or maybe I'd just had too much sun :rotfl:

great pre trip report.
have a lapu lapu for me, i never got round to getting one this trip :sad2:

Great Pre-trip report,gotta love the pop century :thumbsup2 the poly sounds fab too that will be a lovely treat :goodvibes

WOW - great plans! This year I will have to live vicariously though all of you lucky people going on Disney cruises - and I am really missing all of the planning I was doing this time last year. I am really looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

:hug: Thanks for taking the time to read my pre-trippy and for all your lovely comments

Great start to your trippie Mandy, im glad to hear that you will have both the girls with you :hug:

I'll actually believe Kerry's going when I get her on the plane and there's no turning back ::yes::

Sounds like a fantastic trip you've planned.

Make the most of your trip with both DD's, I know my Christmas trip will be the last one with eldest DD it's going to be so strange with just one DD next summer.

What a treat to stay at the Polynesian, I'd love to stay there one day.:love:

Finally there is no way I could keep up with you on the cocktails. On our 1st night last year on the Wonder I only had 2 and woke the next day feeling so ill:sick: I must be such a lightweight or maybe I'd just had too much sun :rotfl:

Now, now Gaynor, surely you're not a lightweight :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It is going to be very strange to leave one of the girls at home. I know it's inevitable, but I would miss Kerry terribly, and then I would feel sorry for poor Becky who will be stuck with a couple of old fogies for a fortnight :confused3 :rotfl:

Great pre-trip Mandy can you take me with you :lmao:

Of course I can, I hope you won't be too cold in the hold :lmao:

great pre trip report.
have a lapu lapu for me, i never got round to getting one this trip :sad2:

I think I'd rather miss a park than a Lapu Lapu :rotfl2:
10.gif

A great PTR Mandy. :)

You have a great trip planned, I can't wait to read your TR as it will be just before my trip & I will be getting off the Wonder & heading to the Poly too! :cool1:

Excellent pre-trippie Mand:cool1:

You will love the Poly, it's a fantastic hotel to stay at:cloud9:

Sounds like a fab trip :thumbsup2 Lucky you staying at the Poly, I want to see loads of pics! :banana:

Hi mandy,

OMG I am ssoooo excited for you to be staying at the Poly!!!!! i just know you are gonna be in heaven and i love that its your treat at the end:cloud9:That place is pure paradise.

keep the faith in the heatwave. doesnt seem like it right now but we are overdue a brilliant summer and i refuse to turn up looking like a milk bottle either so am willing it for both of us:wizard:

Its going to be a brilliant trip and i cant wait to hear all about it! oh and if you happen to fancy a last ride on Splash Mtn on the 22nd then I'll be just across the water enjoying the last few hours of my birthday.hhmm maybe i should come to you and grab a birthday lapu lapu:rotfl:

looking forward to more details xx

Great pre trip report :thumbsup2 Sounds like you have a fantastic itinerary - especially with a stay at the Poly!!!

Is a Lapu Lapu one of those fabulous pineapple drinks you're holding? If so - I want to try one when we attend the UK DISers meet at the Poly on 22 September!

Great pre trippy Mandy. You arrive back the day before we go - so we wont see you out there. Sounds great that you are going to Poly for the last part of your holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter