Aloha, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas

Excellent about Friday and Saturday :)

Your plans are coming along very nicely.

How nice about the DME people, glad that they were able to get it figured out.

I am not an early bird but I like the free towel and chair massage! That is going to be amazing to be in a practically empty park.

Too bad about KLM but sounds like this is a better plan.

You're going on vacation soon!!! :cool1:

The Dubai pics are very impressive!

Thanks.

And your plans have come together nicely:thumbsup2! So soon!

They are. Now I just wish that all the things I still need to get done at work would magically do themselves.

Excellent about Friday and Saturday :)

It made me smile that we had the same plans.

Your plans are coming along very nicely.

Nearly done now. I had a productive morning.

How nice about the DME people, glad that they were able to get it figured out.

I was really impressed by this.

I am not an early bird but I like the free towel and chair massage! That is going to be amazing to be in a practically empty park.

That was my reasoning exactly

Too bad about KLM but sounds like this is a better plan.

It is indeed. That way if something should change at the last minute or I don't get on my first choice of flight, I can just make the changes online rather than having to call our staff travel department in London to make the changes on my behalf.
You're going on vacation soon!!! :cool1:

Yes, it is getting scarily close. All going well, Graham is on his way to Canada by this time next week and I am only a couple of days behind before I go on my adventure.

Corinna

That Chihuly is amazing!!!

Glad things are coming together more or less for your trip!

YAY for everything being in place for your vacay. Pity about the KLM ticket; but at least you're booked now.

That Chihuly is amazing!!!

This is my favourite of all the ones I have seen over the years. Now I have to check out the one at the Atlantis in Nassau at some stage.

Glad things are coming together more or less for your trip!

Thank you.

YAY for everything being in place for your vacay. Pity about the KLM ticket; but at least you're booked now.

In the end, it was not a big issue and the ticket I now have has its advantages.

Yay for single digits! :yay:

Actually, my ticker is a day out as I leave for my trip a day earlier. I just never got around to change it when I decided to fly to Amsterdam the evening before.

Corinna

Yesterday was my single-digit day for the official start of the trip. In eight days time I should hopefully be on the plane to Amsterdam. This weekend also featured my last days off before the trip. Starting tomorrow, I have to work 8 days in a row and then I will head straight from work to the airport on the last day. I have to admit, I am running a bit scared. We are really short-staffed at the moment and I still have a silly amount of work to go through before I can go on holiday. Wish me luck. I have the feeling I will need it.

On a positive note, I am now officially done with the preparations for this trip. I did my spreadsheet with all my confirmation numbers yesterday and we booked Discovery Cove today. So this is it now apart from packing and doing online check in. I can do the online check in for Graham on Friday and for me on Monday.

The biggest worry was if everything that I had ordered would arrive on time, but this all arrived over the course of the last week. I decided to get some Disney-themed workout clothes that I can wear for the two fitness events that I have signed up for. I was not comfortable with either the tank top or the crop top on its own so I got them both and will layer them.

While I was browsing on Etsy, I also found those fascinators. I have a number of Haunted Mansion themed t shirts and will wear this with them:

I also got this:

The fabric is the same as my Cinderella dress. As I now have an additional Halloween party, I will wear the ears that I have had for a while for one and this fascinator for the other.

Speaking of accessories, I also ordered a pair of Haunted Mansion ears and these ears:

They are being shipped to the Disneyland Hotel so I don't have to worry about them arriving in time.

Yesterday, I ended up having to go into town and picked up a few more odds and ends. I got this medium tsum tsum to use as a cushion on the plane. I had originally bought an Olaf tsum tsum for this purpose, but thought a white cushion is not ideal.

I also found these Trick or Treat bags at the my local Disney Store:

Today I bought the last odds and ends on Amazon. I realized that we do not have enough US adaptors and I wanted to get some more memory cards. Graham also found a camera bag that fits my camera and all my lenses. He is taking this to Canada with him. I also ordered a birthday present for him as his birthday is when we are both in Florida. Thanks to Prime, all of this little lot will be delivered tomorrow.

I also now received a photo for my Steampunk Princess necklace. This is also going to the Disneyland Hotel. I am still waiting for a photo of my Cinderella pendant.

I can't wait to use and wear all my new treats.

Corinna

Everything looks great! I love the HM leggings! And the necklace is fantastic!

Fun about getting Discovery Cove booked.

I hope work goes ok, good luck :)

Oh WOW! What amazing gear. You're going to be best-dressed again for sure!

Love the necklace and the HM stuff.

Keep zen with work. Deep breaths!

Discovery Cove! Yeah. This place is amazing. Did you book the Elite package?

Love your necklace. The outfits are great. I love the eyes theme on HM.

Sorry you have to work right up to the eleventh hour. But be worth it!

All the merchandise is so cute! Love the workout clothes. Sorry you have to work right up until the date, but at least you will be on your way soon!

Discovery Cove! Yeah. This place is amazing.

Fortunately we both love it and are pretty excited about this.

Did you book the Elite package?

I don't think I have ever heard about this. What does this include? I am doing the standard dolphin swim package and Graham is doing the non-dolphin swim package.

Love your necklace. The outfits are great. I love the eyes theme on HM.

Thanks.

Sorry you have to work right up to the eleventh hour. But be worth it!

It better be with all the stress I am having this week.

All the merchandise is so cute! Love the workout clothes.

Thanks.

Sorry you have to work right up until the date, but at least you will be on your way soon!

This time next week I am hopefully in my bed at the hotel in Amsterdam.

What fabulous accessories!

Thanks.

Corinna

I figured I better check in at least once more before things get too crazy. I am now half-way through my 8 shifts in a row and after a wild panic on Monday and into Tuesday, I now actually have the feeling that I will get everything done at work that I need to do. I wish I could do the same about my packing. I still have not started yet. I have every intention to get my carry on sorted before I go to work today and then the main packing either after work tomorrow or before work on Sunday. I do so hate packing.

Later today I can do Graham's online check in. Air Canada encourages people who are flying standby to check in up to 24 hours prior to departure. I have done this with a number of other airlines as well and if the loads look good, you can print off the boarding pass. I have been monitoring the availability fairly closely and the last time I checked a couple of days ago, this still looked good. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's put it that way: If I manage to print the boarding pass today, then I will sleep a lot better tonight. I am a terrible standby flyer and I am actually worse when other people are involved. The flight leaves at 12:00 tomorrow. I am starting work at 12:30 and as I work right across the road from the airport, I can go wit Graham to the airport and then head to work once he is through security.

Things have been quite this week as far as trip planning is concerned. Our Discovery Cove tickets arrived on Tuesday and cheered me up no end. I also received a photo of my Cinderella themed pendant over night and absolutely love it:

So this is pretty much it for now. I better stop procrastinating and get stuck in with the packing.

Corinna

Get to packing! That pendant is gorgeous! So pretty. You are almost ready for your trip! Good luck on the standby ticket!

Jill in CO

The pendant is beautiful!!! I understand being antsy about Graham's ticket. Hopefully everything works out.

You're almost there! :cool1:

Get to packing!

Well, my carry on is packed apart from the cables for my phone and iPad, which I still need. The rest should be easy.

That pendant is gorgeous! So pretty.

Thanks.

The pendant is beautiful!!!

Thanks.

I understand being antsy about Graham's ticket. Hopefully everything works out.

I am breathing a little easier. I did the online check in for him this lunchtime and it came back with a seat number and boarding pass. I have to admit though that I won't completely relax until I know he is actually in the air.

Corinna

I hit a bit of a snag today, but I am well impressed by Disney customer service yet again. Back in July I ordered Photopass+ for Disneyland and this arrived about two weeks later. I just put the package on the shelf. Today I figured I better get the voucher for the Photopass+ lanyard out and add it to my documents. I was not impressed when I just found the gallery disk and the insert with code to order the disk, but no voucher. As I am working late shifts at the moment and I am not around when they are open, I sent them an email. On the form it states that I would get a response within 48 hours, but when I got the acknowledgement email, it stated 5 days. That would not have been a good to me. Fortunately on my way home, I got an email apologizing for the inconvenience and advising me to take the order number to one of the Photopass stores at the parks and they would sort it out for me. I am going to print the email just in case.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter