almost LIVE - 12th Anniversary and F&W Fest - updated 10/24

Love your reviews and pictures...popcorn::

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying them - there are more to come!

Next up - Yesterdays Celebrating Family and Friends in the Kitchen with Andrew Zimmern (lunch) and a change in or original dinner plans.

The Signature Dinner at CG looks amazing! I really wanted to attend one this year but it didn't fit into our short visit earlier this month.

Maybe next year!

Looking forward to more reporting!

The Signature Dinner at CG looks amazing! I really wanted to attend one this year but it didn't fit into our short visit earlier this month.

Maybe next year!

Looking forward to more reporting!

Thanks! I hope you get to one next year!

Enjoying the reviews, the Signature Meal looks amazing:worship:
Happy Anniversary!

It was great! Thanks for the Anniversary wishes!

Enjoying your reviews- Happy Anniversary!!

THanks so much!

Day 3, Part 1 – Friday, October 22, 2010
Lunch – Food and Wine Event
Celebrating Family and Friends in the Kitchen with Andrew Zimmern

DSC01082.jpg

I was really looking forward to this event because I enjoy Andrew Zimmern’s TV show on the Travel Channel, Bizarre Foods. I was wondering how unusual the meal might get, but then I thought, “Hey, we’re at WDW world. I doubt it will be too bizarre!”

DSC01096.jpg

Andrew was very entertaining presenter, and he peppered the cooking and recipe creation with some personal stories. He answered a lot of audience questions. He had a good sense of humor, and seemed to be enjoying himself. And I didn’t need to worry about the food being too “bizarre.” The menu had a Thai/Asian slant and I really enjoyed the flavors.

We were at the second table from the front, near the center. This was our view:
DSC01087.jpg

The Menu with Wine Pairings and my photos:
DSC01073.jpg

Gai Tom Kha
Batasiolo Gavi DOC
This was a soup with chicken stock, coconut milk, Siamese ginger (galangal), leman grass Kaffir lime leaves, chili-tamarind paste, straw mushrooms, sliced chicken, red chilies, lime juice, fish sauce, etc.
DSC01084.jpg

Pork Back Ribs with Black Beans and Green Onions
Batasiolo Souvana
DSC01091.jpg

Steamed sticky rice was served family style in bamboo steamer baskets.
DSC01090.jpg

The dish with the rice:
DSC01093.jpg

English Bittersweet Lemon Puddings
Moscato d’Asti
Sorry – I ate half before I remembered the photo! Oops!
DSC01099.jpg

First, "Happy Anniversary":yay:

Love your food adventure so far. I have to ask because I am shocked! In your wonderful California grill pics it looks like you had two empty seats next to you. Do you mean to tell us that someone was a no show?! Oh, how I wish I could have taken their place. I love the signature dinners always worth the cost.

First, "Happy Anniversary":yay:

Love your food adventure so far. I have to ask because I am shocked! In your wonderful California grill pics it looks like you had two empty seats next to you. Do you mean to tell us that someone was a no show?! Oh, how I wish I could have taken their place. I love the signature dinners always worth the cost.

Thanks!

There were actually 3 no-shows at our table! That is an expensive missed meal! :eek: There were 5 tables total with 9-10 guests at each, and all the other tables were full.

Day 3, Part 2 – Friday, October 22, 2010
Dinner – Cosmic Ray’s

We originally had a 5:35 ADR at Kona Café, but after our lunch with Andrew Zimmern, we wanted to relax a bit more. Plus, 5:35PM is really early for us to eat. We cancelled the ADR, and decided to wing it and eat at a counter service restaurant while at MNSSHP. We landed at Cosmic Ray’s at about 8:30PM.

I had a cheeseburger and fries, Craig had a bacon cheeseburger and fries. We each had a soda. It was fine, no complaints. I did like the hot cheese sauce to dip my fries, though!
DSC01117.jpg

Day 4, Part 1 – Saturday, October 23, 2010
Lunch – Yak and Yeti

This was a first for us. We had booked an ADR at Yak and Yeti the last two or three trips and always cancelled it, choosing to eat at our old favorite – Flame Tree BBQ. This time we were determined to keep the ADR, and I am glad we did!

We shared an appetizer – the Seared Ahi Tuna - chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw
DSC01126.jpg

Craig had the Tempura Shrimp with chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables.
DSC01127.jpg

I had the Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry.
DSC01128.jpg

It was all good but I still think Flame Tree is my favorite!

Awesome update, That's amazing eating and seeing Andrew Z...I love his shows. We are trying Yak and Yeti for first time in our December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter