Almost at 60 day mark and scared ****less!

MinnieFan4ever

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
So my 60 day mark is almost here, like a week away. In years past this would be a time for celebration! This time around I am so nervous! This will be our first time back since 2019. I feel lost and confused like I’m planning for a Disney vacation on The Twilight Zone. Everything that I knew is no longer the same.
For starters, my husband has an AP that we need to activate from 2019. Mine and my daughter’s expired so we will have to do good old park hoppers. This really bums me out but it is what it is. We have to make our park reservations still. I have no idea what we want to do on what day. When we all had AP’s I didn’t worry about ”getting my money’s worth” out of our tickets. If we wanted to go to the pool for 1/2 a day then hit up a park, we did. We are not rope drop people so that worries me about stupid Genie+. Am I happy about having to pay for it, NO, but it is what it is.
My biggest I fear/worry is how my husband will feel about it, all the changes that is. He has always been “Team Disney”! Even more than me. He’s already talked about things he wants to do that I know are no longer like the good old days. I have been trying to gently manage his expectations without being a total downer about the current realities. Like park hopping for lunch, nope, have to wait until 2:00. So stupid!!! I just want everyone to have a good time and want to come back.
I need to make our dining reservations soon. Do I need park reservations first or can I make those based on if I can get dining reservations at a certain park.
Are people still having trouble getting Genie+ set up/bought with different ticket types under one MDE account (AP’s and PH’s).
Is mobile ordering easy with food allergies or is going to the podium the way to go (gluten allergy).
Can I just pay someone to manage Genie+ lighting lanes for me…kidding…sort of…HELP! I have read so many tips that I have totally confused myself.
Anyway, here’s hoping I don’t have a nervous breakdown before our trip. I am looking forward to going back. Trying to stay positive.

Good luck! I feel your pain. I think if you go in with low enough expectations you may be pleasantly surprised. I think we are going the same time!

First of all, I'd make your park reservations now. You can make them as soon as you have tickets, which you do, so to have your choice of which day to visit which park, reserve ASAP. You can change around as you get closer, depending on availability.

At 60 days before checkin, you'll be able to reserve ADRs for the length of your stay, up to 10 days. You do not need park reservations to book ADRs in the parks, and the system will not check to confirm that you are eligible to be admitted to the park. You already know that to have an ADR in a park before 2:00 PM , you'll need that park to be your reserved park for the day.
Are people still having trouble getting Genie+ set up/bought with different ticket types under one MDE account (AP’s and PH’s).
No, now that no one can buy G+ in advance, that problem has disappeared.

You might want to read the first 7 posts of the Genie+ thread as well as the last few pages. And you can ask questions about mobile ordering with gluten issues on the Restaurants forum. A lot of people have experience and advice to share there!

My biggest I fear/worry is how my husband will feel about it, all the changes that is. He has always been “Team Disney”! Even more than me. He’s already talked about things he wants to do that I know are no longer like the good old days. I have been trying to gently manage his expectations without being a total downer about the current realities. Like park hopping for lunch, nope, have to wait until 2:00. So stupid!!! I just want everyone to have a good time and want to come back.
Well, my thought is to tell your husband about all the changes sooner rather than later. Most people are not happy about the changes. Some people are angry about the changes. It seems like being hit with those emotions close to when you are going would not be a great idea. Give him time to get used to them, and to change his image of what your days will be like.

For allergies, I would go up to the podium just to be sure. It's not busy anymore, as most people are mobile ordering.
As for dining reservations, you can make those without park reservations. Park reservations can be put off a bit, unless you are going on a super sold out busy day, you don't have to make those right at 60 days at all. Figure out your dining, then do the park reservations.
Things are different, but you can still have a great vacation. And I agree, these new changes have made it more stressful.
I opt to not do Genie + for many different reasons, and we have gone on every ride we have wanted to. We now go early do a few rides, go back to the resort for nap, food, swim, rest. Then go back to the park in the evening.

I would make you park reservations now and adjust as needed. Your going during party season and it seems MK is booking up early especially on party days. I also have. Trip in 67 days, so around the same time as you.

I also would let your husband know of any changes that are going to affect what he plans, ie hopping for lunch.

As for genie you can stack for afternoons if your not early risers.

I have had no issue with AP non AP purchasing genie day of, last time I did it was Feb but no issue.

You can pay someone to do that it’s a service that’s exists I have seen people post about it, but I haven’t done it. Read the genie + thread you’ve got this, if you did Disney before you can do it again!

We have to make our park reservations still.
Get them made ASAP. October 8s a busy month.
My biggest I fear/worry is how my husband will feel about it, all the changes that is. He has always been “Team Disney”
You can only do so much. Tell him about the changes and what you are planning to do in order to work with those changes to make your vacation wonderful. One thing you might consider is doing lunch at a resort instead of at park #2. For instance, leave the MK at noon and eat lunch at Captain Cook's (QS) or GF Cafe (TS).
I need to make our dining reservations soon. Do I need park reservations first or can I make those based on if I can get dining reservations at a certain park.
You are better off booking your park reservations now and adjusting your dining to your park plans. Keep in mind that you can hop to any park for dinner.
Are people still having trouble getting Genie+ set up/bought with different ticket types under one MDE account
The issue seems to have been resolved. It was not a problem in December when I had an AP and friends had regular tickets. But we were staying onsite. It might still be a problem for offsite guests.
Is mobile ordering easy with food allergies or is going to the podium the way to go (gluten allergy).
Many mobile order menus include GF options. If not available at the QS restaurant that you chose, then visit the podium. Disney is trying very hard to encourage guests to use mobile ordering whenever possible.

So my 60 day mark is almost here, like a week away. In years past this would be a time for celebration! This time around I am so nervous!

We are not fans (as basically no on is that I have heard) of park reservations. However, in reality, they have not caused us much trouble. Just make them in the order you think is most likely for your visit now and you can most likely adjust as needed.

That being said, there are things we actually find continue to get better:

- Food. The food options at Disney over the past years continue to improve. If you have a more relaxed vacation style, I recommend reserving your dinners outside of the parks - either at other Disney resorts or Disney Springs. Epcot world showcase being an exception for perhaps one night. If you take a little time, you can really plan some nice dinners now at Disney outside the parks in the other deluxe resorts and at Disney Springs. For us, it anchors the vacation in some positive dining experiences. Our vacations at Disney have improved as they become less park centric, and we started taking advantage of the other resorts and Disney Springs more.

- For everything to dislike about Genie+, if you are willing to spend the extra dollars, it actually makes it easier to ride the latest attractions that are per rider charged. Frankly, we no longer are willing to wait in lines at Disney (just been there too many times). If you want to try the latest, greatest attractions and are willing to pay the extra - it actually makes that easier. The first time we wanted to try to ride Rise of the Resistance we had to arrive at the park crazy early, get in, and try to immediately "reserve" a virtual queue spot. It was a total pain! The last few times, we just woke up at the hotel, brought up the app, and purchased our place in line. Sure, it cost more, but for us, money easily spent over the prior experience.

I hope you have a great vacation!

My husband and I just went back for the first time since 2018 for a weekend in April. I too felt lost as alllll of my previous Disney planning “knowledge” seemed to be thrown out the window. We had a wonderful time! Went to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. We did not use or buy Genie + as we were going as adults only with no agenda. We rode Ratatouille in the middle of the day with maybe a 30 minute wait. Enjoyed the booths, less busy rides and outdoor performances and character viewings at both parks. It felt “normal” to me. I’ve never been a big park hopper though as I always would rather go back to the room in the afternoon then return to a park around 4-5 which is doable under the current restrictions. I heard AK reopened the Lion King show as we know it recently too! Hope you all have an amazing trip!

If your only allergy is gluten, you’ll have no problem doing mobile order. Their system can’t handle two or more allergies, but if it’s only gluten, you just have to scroll down to the allergy-friendly section of the ordering page and it will all be there for you. Super easy!

Well, I did it! I bought 2 park hopper tickets and linked up everything. My husbands AP was still there (whew).I managed to get our park reservations all set. I hope I used my crystal ball correctly to see what park I want to visit and when. I was unsuccessful making some dining. Oh well, such is life. I just started messing with new and improved MDE and realized it’s going to take me awhile to get used to it. all I need now is to find where I put my rose colored glasses and I’ll be all set!

There are a few things that are WAY better than last time you went, like GOTG/ROTR, my gosh.

And mobile order! You don't need all the ADR, there's lots you can just order on your phone. Go try to order now, you'll see. As for ADR, they don't care if you have tickets or anything. And you need the 60day + length of stay anyway.

I also worry about "money's worth" with such expensive tickets. I think you need to come up with a couple priorities for each park and work around them. There's good stuff there! Figure out what that means to you. Maybe it's Oga's. Maybe it's meeting Aurora in France at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter