Alligator Bayou/Magnolia - Differences?

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
This is such a tough decision. I look at the few pictures I've seen of both and interior I much prefer AB. Exterior, I think I would prefer Magnolia. For some reason AB reminds me a bit of Old Key West, which I didn't like at all. Odd as this sounds, when I'm at Disney, I don't lke peace and quiet. I like to feel like I'm right in the middle of the action.

Will I get this feeling at all from AB? Will I get it more from Magnolia? It seems to me that Magnolia, you're closer to the main pool, dining, and it looks more open. I don't like seclusion.

Any advice (or pics) would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have stayed in both sections.

Magnolia is so much prettier,, rooms decored nicer but in all honesty my best room was in AB

We were right next to food court, main pool and bus stop.

So I overlook the fact that I didn't like the decor

I have stayed in both sections.

Magnolia is so much prettier,, rooms decored nicer but in all honesty my best room was in AB

We were right next to food court, main pool and bus stop.

So I overlook the fact that I didn't like the decor

Does one section seem livelier than the other? I don't like feeling like I'm staying in a retirement home at Disney, which is the feeling I got from Old Key West. It looks like there's so many trees and foliage in AB, that you're closed off from the rest of the world.

I am racking my brain to figure out what bldg I stayed in at AB

On my old mind I am saying bldg #29...Someone on these boards has the bldg that is closest to the main bldg in AB section

Trust me,,this is not a boring area..

but if you are looking for true action.

I would suggest staying on the Epcot side.

BW,BC Dolphin & Swan are very happening.

I love Dolphin..beds are wonderful
and my other favorite is BWV ...rent points here

if it is action you want,, you need to be on the Epcot side

Not sure if this page will come up, but if it does, the 2nd picture down, I don't like the look of that room. The 3rd picture down, I like that room. Which one is which?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...iverside&type=jpeg&no=2&tt=1,762&fr=yfp-t-501

I took a look at the pictures, and I believe the 2nd picture down is a Magnolia Bend room and the 3rd one down is an AB room. Both pictures are pre-renovation pictures, though, so the decor (spreads, curtains, etc.) is different. I know the AB rooms have brighter, mostly blue, quilt-style bedspreads.

http://www.zoomandgo.com/destinations/image_viewer.asp?ak=20754978

This room I like alot. Which one is this, and is it before or after renovation?

That is is AB..... And this is interesting, because I agree with you about ebing in the middle of the action -I don't want secluded either! Truth be told, though, I would say both Mansions and AB are quiter than many resorts. I love the overall theming of POR, however, and while I LOVE the mansions decors, we stay in AB for the trundle bed - only way to make it work for our family of 5!!!!! :rolleyes:

I have stayed in the mansions section, and to be honest, from what you have described, I don't think you would like it. It was very, very quiet and both of the rooms in the pictures that you didn't like were mansions rooms. HTH!:goodvibes

I totally agree with the OP - when I am at Disney, I don't want a quiet little room secluded from the world! I want to see action around me! And unfortuantely, when I stayed at POR, I felt secluded and isolated, exactly what I didn't want. I had a room in the very back of mansion Parterre Place, with a parking lot view. Hardly saw a soul, no one really walked by. It was a hike to just get to anything, since the food court, bus stop, and pool weren't close at all. I requested AB, but they refused since I wasn't a group of five. I really didn't like where I was (and paying $170 a night for it!!) - I think if I was near SOMETHING, I would have been happier, but nope.

Like another poster said, I love staying at the Epcot resorts - always a good vibe going there! But I probably won't stay at POR again anytime soon because it was too isolating, too removed from the rest of Disney for my tastes. I even prefer value resorts now, since I feel far more connected to the rest of the world than I did in the outer edges of POR!

Truth be known...we've stayed in both and we like them both. Don't like the long walks to the food court area, but that happens. One thing I do love about POR is it is very quite in the sense of not a bunch of screaming kids or teenagers keeping you up all night running up and down the corridors. I think most of the times we have been there, we've stayed at AB and really like it.

We've stayed on both sides and I really liked AB and really disliked the mansions. The mansions reminded me of every older, rundown hotel that I've ever stayed at that was supposed to be full of antiques. Note, it was not actually run-down.....just reminded me of those old hotels that are well, 'old'.

AB has a woodsy, rustic feel....but we didn't feel like we were far away from anything (Building 18).

You know what I think it is - I want to feel like I'm either at Disney World (which is why we love the Values so much), or I'm in Florida (which is odd since I can't wait to stay at thr Wilderness Lodge.)

I stayed at Caribbean Beach once years ago, and really liked it. Problem is, after staying at the Values so much, I've become spoiled by excellent bus service and I know CBR lacks that. I also don't like how most of the rooms there are a hike from the lobby.

Boom, if you like the WL, then definitely request the AB side. We prefer the mansions so I can't tell you which building to request over there, but I think 14 is the closest....? I'm sure someone else can help you with that choice.

DH loves PORS just because it is so far from the action. He likes to get away from all the parks and have quiet while at the resort. AB is our favorite because it is so quiet. We love that we never hear or see many other people while at our room. The quiet pools are also our favorites. I wouldn't stay at AB if you want to be where the action is....it isn't there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter