Allergy Food Pictures

The cranberry thing actually isn't a true allergy. She has a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis which is basically the bladder equivalent of an IBD (Inflamatory Bowel Disease) and 100% of the time that she ingests any trace of cranberry a flare of her IC is triggered. I list it as an allergy because it's easier and it's what people understand. Cranberries are actually among the most common IC triggers which is what led me to discuss it with her doctor and to seek out a urologist for her. The citrus fruit issue is also an IC trigger for her though for her sister it's a GI trigger though I suspect it also triggers bladder inflamation; we've never investigated bladder stuff in her since she only seems to get UTI symptoms when she's also having a mild GI flare and treating the GI flare seems to take care of the UTI symptoms. Stupid autoimmune issues. Stupid genetics.

UGH. :worried:

clanmcculloch said:
The cranberry thing actually isn't a true allergy. She has a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis which is basically the bladder equivalent of an IBD (Inflamatory Bowel Disease) and 100% of the time that she ingests any trace of cranberry a flare of her IC is triggered. I list it as an allergy because it's easier and it's what people understand. Cranberries are actually among the most common IC triggers which is what led me to discuss it with her doctor and to seek out a urologist for her. The citrus fruit issue is also an IC trigger for her though for her sister it's a GI trigger though I suspect it also triggers bladder inflamation; we've never investigated bladder stuff in her since she only seems to get UTI symptoms when she's also having a mild GI flare and treating the GI flare seems to take care of the UTI symptoms. Stupid autoimmune issues. Stupid genetics.

Oy vey- and we typically TREAT a uti with cranberry! Human body, why must you be so confusing???

I've been posting lots of pictures in my dining review. Should I cross post some of them here too?

I'm glad you're enjoying the reviews. Here are some pictures for this thread, without all my looooooong winded explainations. LOL I'll start with some desserts.

Everything here is gluten, milk, egg, peanut and treenut free among many other things free (though our cross contamination concerns on the nuts are likely not the same level as some others around here who frequent this board as I typically don't worry about same facility with the tree nuts and don't worry about cross contamination on peanuts).

Mama Melrose (Tofutti ice cream and Enjoy Life cookies)
2012%20August%20659_zpsf428ced5.jpg

2012%20August%20660_zpsc56e7ec1.jpg

2012%20August%20662_zpsa0eb607c.jpg

Sunshine Seasons
2012%20August%20552_zpsa6c1511f.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe birthday cake
2012%20August%20464_zps49d406f2.jpg

LeCellier mango sorbet (fruit flavour can change daily)
2012%20August%20375_zps0dc07470.jpg

The Plaza Restaurant banana split
2012%20August%20108_zps6a608734.jpg

Lets see...... how about drinks and special breads next. I'm trying to split these across posts as I remember encountering limits to how many I could put in a single post.

The Plaza Restaurant milk shakes and rootbeer float using Tofutti ice cream
2012%20August%20093_zps6be93a6a.jpg

2012%20August%20091_zpsc2a65e62.jpg

Redbridge beer at HDDR
2012%20August%20174_zps7ed558c5.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe milk shake varieties (chocolate, berry, mango, vanilla though yes there's a water glass in the middle)
2012%20August%20446_zps61706f35.jpg

Babycakes corn bread with Earth Balance margarine
2012%20August%20172_zps18c2e3da.jpg

2012%20August%20171_zpsfcaa9177.jpg

Babycakes donuts that I forgot to photograph until they were almost all gone
2012%20August%20142_zps22c2f48b.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe corn bread (best on property)
2012%20August%20436_zps20c41bce.jpg

To the person who posted months ago about Babycakes at YC/BC, where did you find them there? We are staying at BWV in February and I have a two year old with celiacs, who would flip for those. I'd love to walk over and stock up!

Lets see...... how about drinks and special breads next. I'm trying to split these across posts as I remember encountering limits to how many I could put in a single post.

The Plaza Restaurant milk shakes and rootbeer float using Tofutti ice cream
2012%20August%20093_zps6be93a6a.jpg

2012%20August%20091_zpsc2a65e62.jpg

Redbridge beer at HDDR
2012%20August%20174_zps7ed558c5.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe milk shake varieties (chocolate, berry, mango, vanilla though yes there's a water glass in the middle)
2012%20August%20446_zps61706f35.jpg

Babycakes corn bread with Earth Balance margarine
2012%20August%20172_zps18c2e3da.jpg

2012%20August%20171_zpsfcaa9177.jpg

Babycakes donuts that I forgot to photograph until they were almost all gone
2012%20August%20142_zps22c2f48b.jpg

Whispering Canyon Cafe corn bread (best on property)
2012%20August%20436_zps20c41bce.jpg
Are the baby cakes corn bread and donuts egg free??? We leave in less than a month, and we've got a WCC ADR. I'm a little apprehensive about this trip b/c of the new "bread" situation. In the past, DS (egg, peanut, & tree nut allergic) was always given ener-g rolls for bread, since regular bread was usually cross contaminated with nuts. The Udi's rolls have egg in them, though. I'm hoping this won't be a "breadless" trip for DS! --Katie

Are the baby cakes corn bread and donuts egg free??? We leave in less than a month, and we've got a WCC ADR. I'm a little apprehensive about this trip b/c of the new "bread" situation. In the past, DS (egg, peanut, & tree nut allergic) was always given ener-g rolls for bread, since regular bread was usually cross contaminated with nuts. The Udi's rolls have egg in them, though. I'm hoping this won't be a "breadless" trip for DS! --Katie

Baby cakes are egg free.....BUT they are NOT completely tree nut safe. It depends on your comfort level and severity. The flour they use is bobs red mill which is processed on the same line as almond flour. I cannot eat that flour anymore..l.i was just diagnosed in July with a tree nut allergy and I'm too high risk to use that flour. If you go to the FAQ on their website they mention this.

We've been back a few weeks and I wanted to note a few things on the gluten/egg free bread concerns. I have a 6 yo son who is pretty newly diagnosed (late August) with celiac disease and who also has dairy, egg and wheat allergies. The things he has missed the most are "bread that looks and tastes like REAL BREAD", cookies/cakes/brownies and decent pizza. I also have a two year old and was traveling alone with the two of them and didn't have the luxury of TIME to explain everything in detail and figure out what (if any) choices would be of interest to my 6 yo w/out the 2 yo going into meltdown.

I contacted special diets multiple times before I found someone who sent me the form to fill out to request the chefs to contact you. In theory, we didn't have enough issues to warrant this, but I added that my little guy is sensitive to soy and eventually we got it. I submitted it about 10 days before we left and I requested to have the chef at seven locations contact me. Two chefs called within minutes of each other just after they received it and two more within the next 48 hours. All but one contacted me within 3/4 days.

Since I gave them advance notice, multiple locations were able to get in rolls or bread that worked for us (gluten and egg free) and one chef even baked a loaf from scratch for us!!! (He sent home the rest of the loaf with us!)

The gluten-free/allergy-free desserts at almost all of the table service restaurants were over the top! I learned after one sadness disaster to specify that all family style meals -- including desserts -- needed to be items we could ALL enjoy and after specifying that the chefs tried sooooo hard to come up with kid-friendly presentation wonders. Sooo cute.

Oh, and contact your resort hotel chef ahead of time and specially request that they have some babycakes products on hand for you. We stayed at AofA where they carry the four-pack of the actual "baby" cakes regularly in the grab and go case. But I found that when it appeared they were out, when I asked they had some held in the back for us (and maybe others with same situation?). Thank you Chef Dan!

Baby cakes are egg free.....BUT they are NOT completely tree nut safe. It depends on your comfort level and severity. The flour they use is bobs red mill which is processed on the same line as almond flour. I cannot eat that flour anymore..l.i was just diagnosed in July with a tree nut allergy and I'm too high risk to use that flour. If you go to the FAQ on their website they mention this.

We should be OK. DS has actually been given the go-ahead to trial almonds (after successful pecan and macadamia nut in-office challenges), we just haven't gotten around to it yet (it's a pain to source cross contamination free tree nuts!). This makes me excited about our trip to WCC!!

We've been back a few weeks and I wanted to note a few things on the gluten/egg free bread concerns. I have a 6 yo son who is pretty newly diagnosed (late August) with celiac disease and who also has dairy, egg and wheat allergies. The things he has missed the most are "bread that looks and tastes like REAL BREAD", cookies/cakes/brownies and decent pizza. I also have a two year old and was traveling alone with the two of them and didn't have the luxury of TIME to explain everything in detail and figure out what (if any) choices would be of interest to my 6 yo w/out the 2 yo going into meltdown.

I contacted special diets multiple times before I found someone who sent me the form to fill out to request the chefs to contact you. In theory, we didn't have enough issues to warrant this, but I added that my little guy is sensitive to soy and eventually we got it. I submitted it about 10 days before we left and I requested to have the chef at seven locations contact me. Two chefs called within minutes of each other just after they received it and two more within the next 48 hours. All but one contacted me within 3/4 days.

Since I gave them advance notice, multiple locations were able to get in rolls or bread that worked for us (gluten and egg free) and one chef even baked a loaf from scratch for us!!! (He sent home the rest of the loaf with us!)

The gluten-free/allergy-free desserts at almost all of the table service restaurants were over the top! I learned after one sadness disaster to specify that all family style meals -- including desserts -- needed to be items we could ALL enjoy and after specifying that the chefs tried sooooo hard to come up with kid-friendly presentation wonders. Sooo cute.

Oh, and contact your resort hotel chef ahead of time and specially request that they have some babycakes products on hand for you. We stayed at AofA where they carry the four-pack of the actual "baby" cakes regularly in the grab and go case. But I found that when it appeared they were out, when I asked they had some held in the back for us (and maybe others with same situation?). Thank you Chef Dan!

Just heard back from special diets that we don't qualify for the letter anymore either :sad1:. They did tell me to call them during business hours to discuss the whole egg/nut free bread thing. Maybe I can have them give me the number for the resort chef during that call (we're staying at CBR). Thanks for the helpful info. --Katie

We should be OK. DS has actually been given the go-ahead to trial almonds (after successful pecan and macadamia nut in-office challenges), we just haven't gotten around to it yet (it's a pain to source cross contamination free tree nuts!). This makes me excited about our trip to WCC!!

Just heard back from special diets that we don't qualify for the letter anymore either :sad1:. They did tell me to call them during business hours to discuss the whole egg/nut free bread thing. Maybe I can have them give me the number for the resort chef during that call (we're staying at CBR). Thanks for the helpful info. --Katie

Blue Diamond Almonds Dont have a cross contamination issue as far as I know. I had been given the go ahead to try almonds when I tested negative back in march. Those are actually one of the things I had been eating when I reacted and we did retesting (along with wheat, oats and coconut)

This thread is making me feel so much better! If this stomach thing continues I might have to go dairy free in Feb :(

We have one ADR at 'Ohanas but the rest mostly quick service or offsite. I just hope offsite is as good at accommodating dairy free!

This thread is making me feel so much better! If this stomach thing continues I might have to go dairy free in Feb :(

We have one ADR at 'Ohanas but the rest mostly quick service or offsite. I just hope offsite is as good at accommodating dairy free!

Check out Sarah's blog- she's Dairy Free (and Gluten Free), and still eats very well at the world!! http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

Check out Sarah's blog- she's Dairy Free (and Gluten Free), and still eats very well at the world!! http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

Yes, I definitely eat very well. And now I think I'm getting spoiled for all restaurants outside of the "world!" :lmao:

I've been to some conferences in Orlando and didn't get a chance to eat at Disney and had to eat at some of the places on I drive. I got sick. A lot. The biggest problem I see in many restaurants are the cross contamination issues. So in the future, I'm staying on property and driving to the conferences--better safe than sorry (and who doesn't need an excuse to go to WDW! :goodvibes)

@Sparkly - best of luck on your trip! You will be very well taken care of even at the QS locations! And Ohana is one of my favs! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update! If you have time, would you care to elaborate on this part? I was wondering what happened with the "we ALL could enjoy" part.

My DS13 is excited about the Babycakes stuff.

486335_4987929822424_1633437707_n.jpg

Picture of the Gluten Free Dessert we received at The Garden Grill! My kids felt like Royalty!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter