All you need is to believe....~Our Sizzling Summer Getaway! July 2012~~ TR started!:)

I agree with Missy, you are a very creative woman! I wish I had thought about doing Disney Movie Nights before my kids got too old to want to participate. I think I like your UP night the best but, then again, UP is one of my favorite movies.

Great movie nights! :thumbsup2

So much fun coming up with a menu to match the movie - I'm impressed!

LOVE IT! You are very creative! Great ideas and memories the boys will have forever!

Thanks Missy! I wish I could take all the credit but I've gotten many of my ideas right here on the Disboards.:thumbsup2 It's so much fun putting them together though!!
I agree with Missy, you are a very creative woman! I wish I had thought about doing Disney Movie Nights before my kids got too old to want to participate. I think I like your UP night the best but, then again, UP is one of my favorite movies.

Thanks Lisa! We love our Disney Movie Nights! I'm glad the boys are still enjoying them. It's so hard for me to choose because I have so many favorite Disney movies but UP is definitely at the top.:thumbsup2

Great movie nights! :thumbsup2

So much fun coming up with a menu to match the movie - I'm impressed!
Thanks Amy! We have a lot of fun preparing for our movie nights! Now, I just need to think of a movie for April.:confused3

Day 1 Plans:​

Our plans for this day include waking up early and heading down to grab some breakfast in the hotel before we head to the airport. Even though I just booked our flights less than 2 months ago through Jetblue they have already changed the times. :mad: One of the things that I was looking forward to was getting to Pop Century before noon on our arrival day but unfortunately now our flight doesn't leave until almost 11:00 which won't put us in Orlando until close to 2:00pm. It's not a big change but by the time we arrive and get checked in and eat something we won't be getting to Epcot until after dinner.

Anyway, of course when we arrive I will be looking forward to doing this....
tumblr_lpb0hrGGf01qhi766o1_500.png

Not too much longer we will be....:cloud9:
tumblr_lir03aE1a11qhi766o1_500.png

Before we know it we will be seeing the Pop Century sign and making our way into here-
100_1629.jpg

I have no doubt that it will be very hot when we will arrive so I'm sure that rush of cold air hitting us in the face will be a welcome relief. :thumbsup2

I plan to do online check-in as we have always had good luck with it. I usually don't make requests. We actually prefer to stay in the 80's or 90's sections and have found that most people prefer to be closer to the main hall. We just find it quieter over there plus it's a quick walk through the parking lot to get to the bus stop.

I usually unpack a little and of course will be doing this before heading to the park.
tumblr_ln22uovrNz1qhi766o1_500.png

After a little relaxation, we will head down to the food court and grab something to eat and then it's off to Epcot we go.

The plan so far when we get to Epcot is to check out the wait time on this ride first and ride.
100_2703.jpg

100_2709.jpg

We love this attraction and I think it would be a great start to our trip.

Next stop is-
tumblr_m1evypaFy51qhi766o1_500.png

Actually, we plan to take the boat over to Japan as the boys have requested that this be the first stop in the World Showcase. If you haven't guessed they love Pokemon stuff.:rolleyes: We plan to do a little shopping, find the Japanese garden, and the candy lady. Also, grab a snack--Kaki Gori

After this we plan to move to the American pavilion and watch the American Adventure. This will be new to us so we are very excited about this especially since the boys are really into history lately.

We will move on to Italy after this and check out the times for the juggler and possibly get a snack. (still have to research snacks so I'm not sure which one)

We don't want to rush and by this point it will probably be getting late so we may by pass Germany, China, and Norway until our next day. Although we will stop at Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour. The boys like this ride and I find it relaxing. We will probably grab some churros on the way out.

The plan isn't to see Illuminations on this night so we will head back to the resort to grab some drinks in our refillable mugs before turning in for the night. The next morning we have Sea World scheduled and we will have to get up early to make it to the TTC to catch the Lynx bus. (if that's what we decide to do) We are still thinking about that.....

But, ultimately I'm sure the one thing that will be on all of our minds before we close our eyes is that the best part of being at Disney is...
tumblr_lkg6ch8xxJ1qhi766o1_500.png

(thanks simpledisneythings for the amazing photos!!!)

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Any suggestions of other must-do things in the World Showcase??:flower3:

Aww...the first day plan looks great! Reading about all your plans makes me want to go back so badly! Epcot is my favorite and a perfect way to start your trip! Love the snacking around the World Showcase. We saw the American Adventure for the first time on our 2009 trip and the boys really enjoyed it. Well, except Jonah. It was during evening EMH, it was very late, and I think he may have fallen asleep! In his defense he was only 8 and it had been a long day! :)

Hey Angie! :wave: I was up early booking my ADRs this morning and stumbled across your PTR :goodvibes So glad I did!

Love your movie nights... we'll be starting ours up again soon and like you, having them once a month. Mind if I borrow some ideas from yours? :flower3: Your plans look great so far!

Aww...the first day plan looks great! Reading about all your plans makes me want to go back so badly! Epcot is my favorite and a perfect way to start your trip! Love the snacking around the World Showcase. We saw the American Adventure for the first time on our 2009 trip and the boys really enjoyed it. Well, except Jonah. It was during evening EMH, it was very late, and I think he may have fallen asleep! In his defense he was only 8 and it had been a long day! :)

Thanks Missy!! We love Epcot too!! I think our love has grown more and more each trip!:lovestruc I'm looking forward to to seeing the American Adventure. I made a point of planning it into our first day so we don't get side tracked again this year and miss it.:thumbsup2

Hey Angie! :wave: I was up early booking my ADRs this morning and stumbled across your PTR :goodvibes So glad I did!

Love your movie nights... we'll be starting ours up again soon and like you, having them once a month. Mind if I borrow some ideas from yours? :flower3: Your plans look great so far!

Hi Tracy!!!

I'm so glad you found me!:goodvibes We are really looking forward to this trip!! While it's not my first choice of when to go, we are just thrilled to be able to go back! :thumbsup2

How exciting that you were able to book your ADR's! That always makes the trip feel closer!

We love our movie nights! I actually should be thanking you because I'm sure some of my ideas came from your awesome movie nights!!:thumbsup2 But, if there happens to be any new ideas...borrow away.:goodvibes

Phooey for Jet Blue changing up your flight time. But, like you said, at least it wasn't buy hours and hours and hours. I am sure that by the time you land, you're all going to be itching to get to Epcot. I'm liking the way your plans are shaping up.

Hi!:wave: I hope everyone had a good weekend! It was a relaxing weekend around here, visiting the grandparents and finishing Easter shopping which I am so glad to say is officially done! Ugh! I can't believe how much Easter candy costs these days.:sad2: Oh well....

So, this morning I was greeted with two things when I opened up my laptop. This--
1G_popcentury.jpg

Which in the far corner read 99 days until my vacation!! Yay! So it's official!! Our countdown calendar tells us we are 97 since you don't count today and you don't count the day you leave or at least we don't.;) Either way we are finally in double digits!! I think that deserves a little dancing...don't you?

:dancer::dancer::dancer:Double Digits!!!:dancer::dancer::dancer:

The second thing I was greeted with when I visited the DIS was that they finally released a summer discount!:yay: Unfortunately, it was only for 15% off value resorts but at this point every little bit helps!:thumbsup2 While I was on the line I also cancelled our QSDP since we have decided to pay for our meals OOP which I have to say I'm getting more and more excited about. It's giving us the opportunity to try different restaurants and snacks since we won't be forced to get dessert at every meal we won't be so full. Maybe I can finally get that dole whip I've been wanting to try.:rolleyes1

(*edit- Ugh... I just found out only All-Star Music and All-Star Sport is 15%. Pop Century is only 5%. I didn't pay attention this morning because I had dropped the dining plan so my overall price went down a lot. It wasn't until I read it here on the DIS that I went back to actually see how much I saved. I know it's summer but wow I've gotten much, much better discounts going around Easter (peak season). Oh well....fingers still crossed that a pin code comes our way.)

Park Bags

So, on to other news....park bags!! When we first started planning this trip, one of my first thoughts went to which park bag I was going to use this year. I love my Vera Bradley purses that I use everyday. DH got me a Maggie in Imperial toile for Christmas. It was an older pattern but I love it! Anyways, I immediately scoured the VB website to see what I could find for a Hipster for this trip since I had heard such great things about them. I really had every intention to get one until.............I was shopping in TJ Maxx one day last month and I ran across this---
001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

A sherpani! I fell in love.:lovestruc It was exactly what I was looking for, it is cross body and has an outside zipper that fits my camera. It also has two more zippered compartments on the inside plus some pockets. What I loved best is that it was half off and I got it for $16.99.:yay:

So, this is what I plan to put inside...and I've checked it all fits...yay!

*ID/Park tickets
*Camera
*water bottle
*mister fan
*sunblock
*band-aids
*kleenex
*hand sanitizer
*index card touring plans
*ponchos
*tylenol
*ziplock bags (to keep camera in during water rides and for leftover snacks?)

I think that's all...although I may be missing something????

What do you put in your park bag?

Phooey for Jet Blue changing up your flight time. But, like you said, at least it wasn't buy hours and hours and hours. I am sure that by the time you land, you're all going to be itching to get to Epcot. I'm liking the way your plans are shaping up.

Ugh! I know! I was disappointed that Jetblue changed the times especially since our original plan was to head to Animal Kingdom on our first day since we usually only plan a half day for that park. I really wanted to see the afternoon parade but with arriving later now it wasn't going to work which caused me to move it to our last day. So, no parade this trip either.:sad2: Oh well...it all worked out and we are even more excited to head to Epcot first!:thumbsup2

I love it when you go to the Disney site and there's your resort looking back at you. It always makes me smile!

I saw that the new promo came out today. Like you said, even if it is just 15% at least it's something.

Your bag is so cute! I love it! I change my park bags up carrying one of my backsacks on one day and then my hipster on another.

I'm following along! Congrats on the double digits countdown, it won't be long now! :goodvibes We don't have kids with us when we go so usually DH and I both bring bags. Combined we bring:

-Sunscreen
-Water bottles
-Wallets
-Hair elastics
-Ponchos (for rain)
-Camera
-Sunglasses

And I think thats it. We try not to load ourselves up too much because it's no fun carrying around a bunch of stuff in Disney World.

Your movie nights look like so much fun! I wish I could be that creative with ours. Do you know what movie your picking for April yet?

I LOVE that purse! It has a zipper under the flap, right? I've found a ton of purses with the front flap, but no zipper, so I'm afraid my stuff would fall out. Does it have a specific name? It's exactly what I've been looking for (and not finding). I might have to track one down.

Ooooo! I love the bag!! I think I've looked at those before. Which style is that one?

And Happy Double Digits!! :dancer:

I love it when you go to the Disney site and there's your resort looking back at you. It always makes me smile!

I saw that the new promo came out today. Like you said, even if it is just 15% at least it's something.

Your bag is so cute! I love it! I change my park bags up carrying one of my backsacks on one day and then my hipster on another.

Oh..I know! It always makes me smile when I see our resort and read Welcome, soon you'll be here! It makes me so happy!:)

Just found out that I didn't get the 15% that I originally thought. I only got 5%:sad2:. I'm assuming it's because Pop Century is so close to the AoA resort and they are having no trouble filling it up this summer with the new resort opening up.

I'm following along! Congrats on the double digits countdown, it won't be long now! :goodvibes We don't have kids with us when we go so usually DH and I both bring bags. Combined we bring:

-Sunscreen
-Water bottles
-Wallets
-Hair elastics
-Ponchos (for rain)
-Camera
-Sunglasses

And I think thats it. We try not to load ourselves up too much because it's no fun carrying around a bunch of stuff in Disney World.

Your movie nights look like so much fun! I wish I could be that creative with ours. Do you know what movie your picking for April yet?

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Great list! I knew I forgot something...sunglasses!! Thanks for the reminder!:thumbsup2 I try to carry only the essentials also. It's definitely not fun carrying a heavy bag around Disney.

Well...I think that we are going to do the Lion King for our next movie night. Hopefully.:)

I LOVE that purse! It has a zipper under the flap, right? I've found a ton of purses with the front flap, but no zipper, so I'm afraid my stuff would fall out. Does it have a specific name? It's exactly what I've been looking for (and not finding). I might have to track one down.

Thanks! It does have a zipper under the flap. It's called a Sherpani Milli. They do have a website or you could probably google it to find a better deal. They still have the design. Apparently, I just got last years color which is why it was marked down. It has lots of great reviews on the site which I was so happy to see. Here is a video they have on their site about the bag.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlrmjgc6I_w&feature=player_embedded

Ooooo! I love the bag!! I think I've looked at those before. Which style is that one?

And Happy Double Digits!! :dancer:

Thanks Amy! The bag is a Sherpani Milli. I love it!:thumbsup2

Hum, only a 5% discount. I wonder if you were to change over to one of the All Stars resorts if you would get the 15% discount?

Woohoo! My husband just emailed me to say he ordered me a Sherpani Milli, after sending him a link to it. I have no idea what he paid or what color, but I'm not arguing with him. Now I just have to find him a small backpack that can double as a bag for our DSLR - the problem is he has very broad shoulders so he needs long straps.

Anyway...

I also got very excited to see my double digit countdown. Don't feel bad about the discount - the one I got for POFQ was 3.5%. I laughed. We looked into the All-Stars, but they're booked up for our dates. We could have saved an additional $70 by switching to Caribbean Beach Resort, but we decided to just stay where we were. I just keep hoping that a pin code magically appears.

Hum, only a 5% discount. I wonder if you were to change over to one of the All Stars resorts if you would get the 15% discount?

We might be able to change over to the All-Stars but it would only save us a little more. Plus we love Pop so much it would have to be a huge difference for us to switch.;) I guess I'll just keep holding out for that pin that probably won't come.:rolleyes1 I think what irritates me most is last year when we couldn't go, we got a free dining pin for the month of July.:headache: Oh well....

Woohoo! My husband just emailed me to say he ordered me a Sherpani Milli, after sending him a link to it. I have no idea what he paid or what color, but I'm not arguing with him. Now I just have to find him a small backpack that can double as a bag for our DSLR - the problem is he has very broad shoulders so he needs long straps.

Anyway...

I also got very excited to see my double digit countdown. Don't feel bad about the discount - the one I got for POFQ was 3.5%. I laughed. We looked into the All-Stars, but they're booked up for our dates. We could have saved an additional $70 by switching to Caribbean Beach Resort, but we decided to just stay where we were. I just keep hoping that a pin code magically appears.

Yay for getting a Sherpani Milli!!:yay: I hope you love it as much as I do!!:) I noticed when I was looking at them online that some of them come with a detachable change purse. That would be nice as extra storage although it seems to come with quite a few pockets anyway.

We were thinking about changing resorts also but it really would save us so little and like you, we are happy to stay where we are.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter