All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

lillygator said:
anyone have expereince no checking in to a room they paid for on PL? I mean, am I finished? we won't be checking in for the night so I won't be charged anymore right?

You're fine but for anyone else reading this thread your entire stay is charged to your CC before you even know your "bid" was accepted. If you don't check in for the first night the hotel might cancel your reservation the rest of your stay and you don't get a refund. Any PL customer that isn't going to be arriving for the first night of yur reservation should call the hotel directly, not the 800 number, and try to checkin over the phone.

Again your entire reservation is pre-paid and is not refundable not just your first night.

Lewisc said:
You're fine but for anyone else reading this thread your entire stay is charged to your CC before you even know your "bid" was accepted. If you don't check in for the first night the hotel might cancel your reservation the rest of your stay and you don't get a refund. Any PL customer that isn't going to be arriving for the first night of yur reservation should call the hotel directly, not the 800 number, and try to checkin over the phone.

Again your entire reservation is pre-paid and is not refundable not just your first night.

Which is precisely why I would never use Priceline.
You never know what they will offer you and you will be charged upfront with no way to modify or recover your money if something comes up,

Besides Disney's prices for the All Stars are already great and there are AAA discounts, AP rate discounts, and Fl residents discounts.
Why chance it.
If you want to stay at the All Stars then just book it.

minnie61650 said:
Which is precisely why I would never use Priceline.
You never know what they will offer you and you will be charged upfront with no way to modify or recover your money if something comes up,

Besides Disney's prices for the All Stars are already great and there are AAA discounts, AP rate discounts, and Fl residents discounts.
Why chance it.
If you want to stay at the All Stars then just book it.

It's the thrill of the bargin. I am doing a PL for a hotel in Brussels this summer... At some point I will give up and book a really nice hotel for the going rate ($150 summer weekend), but you never know what I might get....

clkelley said:
Well, I really blew it big time, I had tried for the first day of my stay which was a Saturday and got Nikki Bird.

I thought I would try again for mid-week, with plans to extend for most of the rest of my dates, well lo and behold I got All-Star Sports, then tried to extend, but it would only let me extend one night, so now I have two nights at Sports, but the rest of our reservation is at MUSIC.

There is no way, I can talk my family into moving mid-stay, then moving back!! I also tried moving the rest of my ressie over to Sports and no availablity for the last three nights.

Anybody want two nights at All-Star Sports, (May 23rd and May 24th) I'll be happy to add you to the room? PM me. (If this violates any rules, please delete)

This offer is still available!! Two nights All-Star Sports, May 23 and 24, at the rate we've been discussing on this priceline thread!!!

ok..just got it for one night, I want to extend my stay by checking in earlier, it is only saying I can add one night, can I add more than one?????

Lewisc said:

First, I Love Priceline, though it has gone a bit downhill recently.....That said, To any of you wanting to give this a try, Lewis is 100% correct. Getting a Disney resort is NOT GUARANTEED and if you're not happy with the hotel that you get, there are NO REFUNDS.

I had 2 experiences where I wanted to cancel a Priceline ressie......The first was a small family emergency & we couldn't use the room & the second was a situation where we checked into the hotel that we won (the Grosvenor) and found it completely unacceptable.....I didn't get a refund either time & my cc companies were unwilling to issue a chargeback because of Priceline's rules.

So Let The Bidder Beware!!!!

OK... I did my one night & got the AS Music, then added by checking in a day earlier. I had ressies for Pop for 6/3 for 8 nights. After getting the AS Music for the 2 got the courage to try for the remainder of my trip. I didn't get it. I got the Amerisuites Orlando Lake Buena Vista. No, it is not onsite, but it is a decent place. I am looking at it as I saved over $300 from my original trip. My DH is not too thrilled but I am.... he isn't a park person. He would rather stay at the resort.. since we were gonna be at Pop & now we will be at Amerisuites, he will actually have more to do there :confused3 they have the fitness center & mini golf... free..... oh well, can't please everyone. Now I would have been really mad had I gotten the Nikki Bird for the remainder of my stay. So I am counting my blessings...
I just could not help myself.. I guess I am a thrill taker ..or gambler I should say... :crazy:

Also remember that priceline only guarantees accomodations for two guests. In many cases you may only get one bed which is great if there are only two people but if you are a family of three or four there is no guarantee you will get a room with two double beds. Nonsmoking is also not a guarantee. I do use priceline for weekend getaways when I can bid a 4 or 5 star and will be happy with any of the hotels. From my experience if you bid $36 for a 2 or 2 1/2 star hotel someone will take it. That is a very high bid for this level of hotel. I usually pay around $40 for four stars in other cities. If you do get one of the All Stars, or other hotels, you can call down and request nonsmoking and the bedding type you want but it is just a request. The moral is if you can't live with all the possibilities, don't bid!

Hotels in Orlando will almost always give famlies a room with 2 double beds.

It looks like Disney isn't coming up much more than 50% of the time. Are you really saving enough if you're going to walk away from a winning bid? If you weren't willing to use PL to stay offsite <$30 why are you willing to take a chance and risk staying offsite for more money? It makes sense if you were otherwise willing to stay offsite but remember an offsite stay will require a car rental and paying to park at Disney. That, combined with the PL fee, will wipe out a lot of your savings.

I checked it out. Not bad for a night betwen reservations or before a cruise etc. OK, what's wrong with it?

Having compiled information from here and another board all day on this topic, here's how to stack best odds with Priceline in achieving Disney All-Star bookings:

Go to http://www.priceline.com

Click on "Hotels."

Click "Orlando" and choose dates for May/June 2006, and number of rooms.

(Note: If you are successful in booking,
Priceline will offer you the option to extend
your stay at the resort [usually proportionate
to the days you are booking - book 2, get offered 2
more, etc] so you can try booking less days than
you actually need. Be aware that you WILL be
charged for however many nights you book,
regardless of what hotel it chooses for you.)

Then, click "Next."

-----------------

On the next screen, click "Name Your Own Price" in the yellow box.

On the next screen, the headline reads "Select the areas where you want to stay."

Put a check in the box for "Disney World Vicinity" (and ONLY this box.)

Then, click "Next."

-----------------

Click the radio button for "2 1/2 star Moderate Plus"

Below that, in the yellow box for "Name Your Own Price" enter 36 (the site puts the .00 on for you)

Fill out the reservation name at the bottom, and click "Next."

-----------------

On the next screen, review your request to make sure it is accurate. Initial the Terms and Conditions box at the bottom, and click "Next."

-----------------

So far, on the boards, it seems about 3 out of every 4 people who are booking are ending up at All Star Music or Sports. The ones that aren't are going to the Nikki Bird Holiday Inn in Kissimmee, or Amerisuites Orlando Lake Buena Vista...

To stack the odds in favor of obtaining a Disney hotel, other board posters recommend going to Expedia, entering your dates in question, then checking availability at All Star Sports and Music for those dates. Expedia's database will show you current availability at the hotels. If your dates do not have red X's over them, they have vacancy, and there is a stronger possibility you will end up at the All Stars vs. somewhere else.
-----

About me:

I actually have 4 different reservations for our trip (which until I read this thread this morning, was not even a figment in my mind!) covering May 29 - June 4. I made the first reservation for two nights, the 29th-30th, with the full intention of discarding it if I did not get a Disney hotel -- just decided to take the gamble!

After successfully receiving the All Star Music, Priceline asked if I would like to add 2 more nights to my stay - I said yes. This added another reservation through June 2. After checking flights (I told you, this was a brand-new trip not planned out before today!) and finding better airfares if we stayed through the weekend, I Pricelined again, for one night, June 2, knowing it would most likely ask if I wanted to add the second night on as well. Again, I received the All Star Music for June 2, and it asked if I would like to add another night on as well.

So that's how I did it - we are thrilled. We usually stay at Coronado Springs, but we weren't sure if we were wanted to spend the $ to do another Disney trip this year. Now we can :) Our daughter was quite surprised and thrilled to come home from school and find out we are headed to Disney a month from now!

Edit: Update...

Then, about an hour ago, my mom decided she wanted to go for 2 days coinciding with our trip (my parents will already be in FL on business.) We tried -again-, booking June 2 (and hoping to get it at the ASM like us, and then hoping also to add a day.) She got ASM for June 2, as well as the offer from Priceline to add an additional day, but when she then went to add June 1, it tried and came back and said ASM was full. Did we want to try another hotel in this category? Knowing we were risking ending up at the Holiday Inn or somewhere else, she went for it anyway -- and got All Star Sports. So, it has worked out very well for us.

Thank you to everyone who posted about this incredible price.

Amickeyfan,
Would you mind posting your dates so I can update the summary?

Thanks!

We've already booked and prepaid for ASMu for May 19-23rd. I was thinking it would be nice to book a cheap room for the 18th so we can leave thursday once we get off work...putting us in orlando around 1am...but giving us plenty of time to rest before our full day at AK the next morning. The deal is it would have to be a good deal! I bid $26 for a 2 and 1/2 for the disney world area (lowest amount it would alow me to bid without the warning "small chance of being accepted." It came back and said I could bid $7 more NOW and have a good chance...bid $33 and was given ASSp...total was $44 w/fees. Not bad for a gamble on a place to sleep and its right next door to our original ressies. I was tempted to try and book our entire hotel stay and cancel our ressies at ASMu....but decided it was too risky.

Wow a new price. Now I'll have to update my chart. (Maybe we have all been overbidding LOL!)

No kidding, I could have saved another $18 for the week? ;) I am so not complaining. :)

Will you be posting your chart?

Look for the Disney Priceline Summary thread. I have posted every bid that I know of that was an attempt to get the All Stars and the outcome...

Something I accidentally stumbled on one time when I had a typo entering my CC number (this wouldn't help determing what hotel, just what price) is that they don't check your credit card until a price is accepted. So you could theoretically *forget* a number in your CC number and see if it prompts you to check your CC information. If it's not accepted, you'll go straight to a denial screen.

I did this once inadvertently and I'm always tempted to try it again deliberately to see what price I could get certain rooms for, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!