All-Star Music Resort to Disney Wish via 528 toll road

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this specifically has been discussed but I wasn't able to find anything in the search so I'll ask away.

In the near future, we're going to be driving to Disney's All-Star Music Resort and then from there going on the Disney Wish. We're not from FL and so when I map it out on Google Maps, it tells me to take toll road 528. I went on cfxway.com to try and get more info specifically to calculate the toll but there was an error.

Hoping someone can help shed some light on how much it'll cost to take the tollroad all the way to port vs taking the long way via the 4, 50, 520 and then 528/A1A.

I've read that there are cash attendants and it sounds like if I miss paying in cash, they'll read my plate and then just send me a bill in the mail.

Is there anything else I should know about using the toll roads in FL, including the toll roads heading to All-Star Music coming from LA?

TIA

Not sure if this specifically has been discussed but I wasn't able to find anything in the search so I'll ask away.

In the near future, we're going to be driving to Disney's All-Star Music Resort and then from there going on the Disney Wish. We're not from FL and so when I map it out on Google Maps, it tells me to take toll road 528. I went on cfxway.com to try and get more info specifically to calculate the toll but there was an error.

Hoping someone can help shed some light on how much it'll cost to take the tollroad all the way to port vs taking the long way via the 4, 50, 520 and then 528/A1A.

I've read that there are cash attendants and it sounds like if I miss paying in cash, they'll read my plate and then just send me a bill in the mail.

Is there anything else I should know about using the toll roads in FL, including the toll roads heading to All-Star Music coming from LA?

TIA
Using Interstate 4 to 528 east to the port, there will be three cash tolls: $2.75, $1.25, and $1.50. Total of $5.50. If you end up using toll-by-plate, there will be added service charges bringing total to $7.56. Amounts from the online toll calculator at Cfxway.com.

Stay to the RIGHT when approaching Toll Areas. Pass reading is in Left lanes.

Are you driving your car TO Florida? Driving a rental within Florida?

I live in a state without toll roads, but a few years ago, I got a SunPass for my car for trips to FL.

It‘s a sticker (the cheaper way) that goes in the front upper window. Costs ~ $6. Sold in a vending machine at the FL Welcome Center on I-75 South (and a bunch of grocery stores and pharmacies). Create an account online. Load it with $10. Reload it as needed. (I think it’s also on Amazon, but you pay more). They also sell a portable box that can be used in multiple vehicles.

I use the Florida Turnpike to get to Orlando - and home from a cruise. Makes it easy to go through the Sunpass lane - I don’t think you even drop below (or much) speed limit. Then I use it on the Beach Line to the airport.

It is also usable in other states - definitely for the Peach Pass in GA. Others I haven’t tried. As they move to a scan-only system, this is cheaper than pay-by-plate (where they photograph your car tag and bill you (with administrative plates).

I like to avoid I-4 when I am not traveling late at night due to very heavy traffic.

The alternate route recommended by Google Maps (and me) is to get on the Osceola Parkway (it’s an exit from WDW near the All-Stars) heading East and getting on the 417 (Central FL Greenaway), also a toll road. It puts you on the Beachline on the Port Canaveral side of the airport.

Tolls With the SunPass are also lower than cash payment. Here’s what the package looks like:

IMG_0066.jpegIMG_0067.jpeg

Thanks for all of the info. Didn't know there were 3 different toll plazas I'll need to stop at. Glad I asked. Will it be very clear that I need to stop at each of the 3 toll plazas to pay or is it easy to miss and cruise right past them? I'm not used to paying toll fees intermittently on the toll road. Usually, our toll plazas are at the entrance and exit ramps so there's no missing them; not intermittently along the route/highway/biway/freeway.

Thanks for all of the info. Didn't know there were 3 different toll plazas I'll need to stop at. Glad I asked. Will it be very clear that I need to stop at each of the 3 toll plazas to pay or is it easy to miss and cruise right past them? I'm not used to paying toll fees intermittently on the toll road. Usually, our toll plazas are at the entrance and exit ramps so there's no missing them; not intermittently along the route/highway/biway/freeway.

They are so obvious - signage is clear and the lanes for non-Sunpass customers are easily seen.

The toll plazas on the highway are very large, you can't miss them (and there will be signage as you approach each one letting you know which lanes are SunPass and which are cash).

Are you driving your car TO Florida? Driving a rental within Florida?

I live in a state without toll roads, but a few years ago, I got a SunPass for my car for trips to FL.

It‘s a sticker (the cheaper way) that goes in the front upper window. Costs ~ $6. Sold in a vending machine at the FL Welcome Center on I-75 South (and a bunch of grocery stores and pharmacies). Create an account online. Load it with $10. Reload it as needed. (I think it’s also on Amazon, but you pay more). They also sell a portable box that can be used in multiple vehicles.

I use the Florida Turnpike to get to Orlando - and home from a cruise. Makes it easy to go through the Sunpass lane - I don’t think you even drop below (or much) speed limit. Then I use it on the Beach Line to the airport.

It is also usable in other states - definitely for the Peach Pass in GA. Others I haven’t tried. As they move to a scan-only system, this is cheaper than pay-by-plate (where they photograph your car tag and bill you (with administrative plates).

I like to avoid I-4 when I am not traveling late at night due to very heavy traffic.

The alternate route recommended by Google Maps (and me) is to get on the Osceola Parkway (it’s an exit from WDW near the All-Stars) heading East and getting on the 417 (Central FL Greenaway), also a toll road. It puts you on the Beachline on the Port Canaveral side of the airport.

Tolls With the SunPass are also lower than cash payment. Here’s what the package looks like:

View attachment 765401View attachment 765402
We are driving our personal car to and from FL; a cross country road trip. We do have a toll box from our state but unfortunately, it's not compatible with FL. The SunPass seems easy enough but I'm not really interested in creating yet another acct for really what will more than likely just be one pass along the toll road. I'm ok with paying the toll fees.

I found your alternative route on Google Maps and that does seem easier. Is the 4 extremely busy? I think I might take your route because that seems like it's right in front of the All-Star Music Resort.

How are the toll booths on the 417? Are they easy to locate? Does it accept cash, exact change, or can I pay with credit card at the toll booths?

. Is the 4 extremely busy?

How are the toll booths on the 417? Are they easy to locate? Does it accept cash, exact change, or can I pay with credit card at the toll booths?
4 is extremely busy and is easily prone to backups/traffic jams. If you take this route leave extra time.

Tool booths on 417 are very easy to spot. I don't think they do credit cards, and not sure if they give change or if you have to have exact (I always have a rental car so I go through the SunPass side).

We are driving our personal car to and from FL; a cross country road trip. We do have a toll box from our state but unfortunately, it's not compatible with FL. The SunPass seems easy enough but I'm not really interested in creating yet another acct for really what will more than likely just be one pass along the toll road. I'm ok with paying the toll fees.

I found your alternative route on Google Maps and that does seem easier. Is the 4 extremely busy? I think I might take your route because that seems like it's right in front of the All-Star Music Resort.

417 has 2 manned toll plaza's before you get to 528 and then 2 on 528, not sure about whether they take CC the total is $6.25. Blue dots are the toll plazas.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-05 14.21.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-05 14.21.25.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 1
No credit cards at the toll plazas. If you want to pay by card, get a SunPass.

When talking with people who live in Orlando, you can hear the pain in their voices when the I-4 is mentioned. They report that it can take them an hour for what should be a 15-minute drive. That might be rush hour.

I am not a fan of 4 (or more) lanes of traffic in each direction, full of cars. And people trying to get to an exit. The Beach Line is calmer once you get on it, but lots of cars and express lanes.

I also dislike driving the 285 around Atlanta - I would rather take the multiple lanes through downtown there. So it’s not just # of lanes, but also the speed and carelessness of the normal driving. I-4 can seem like a parking lot. Not a fan of driving in LA, either.

Doing a preview (Google Maps) of the route using 417, I found these toll booths:

IMG_0071.pngIMG_0072.png

After 417 merges into 528 (Beach Line):

IMG_0073.png

I’ll look for information on booths that take cash. The official websites have not been helpful, yet.

417 has 2 manned toll plaza's before you get to 528 and then 2 on 528, not sure about whether they take CC the total is $6.25. Blue dots are the toll plazas.
I missed one while checking. (After the airport). OP - take note.

Of course, verify anything we tell you. Hopefully, we are pointing you to some sources you can utilize, scrutinize, in your own way.

When talking with people who live in Orlando, you can hear the pain in their voices when the I-4 is mentioned. They report that it can take them an hour for what should be a 15-minute drive. That might be rush hour.
4 backs up way more than just rush hour. Yeah rush hour is worse, but I've driven it at all times of day, and I think the only time it wasn't backed up at least a little bit near WDW was at like, 5am (or during COVID when nearly everyone was working from home and no one was on the roads, lol).

Found it! This pamphlet dated 10/22 shows which toll roads accept cash.
(I used to travel with a roll of quarters when driving to FL.)

IMG_0076.pngIMG_0077.png

I May have gotten bogged down, having read that they were doing away with cash at booths. That may have been in response to Covid and since reverted. I took it as a way to get rid of human workers.

Wow! Thank you everybody for chiming in with all of the helpful info. It looks like I will just take the toll road and it's not too bad and it sounds like the 4 is a complete nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts