All-Star Music Resort to Disney Wish via 528 toll road

I May have gotten bogged down, having read that they were doing away with cash at booths. That may have been in response to Covid and since reverted. I took it as a way to get rid of human workers.
They are getting rid of some of the cash booths. They recently removed some on Osceloa Parkway. This won't effect the OP, though.

I know OP already said they did not want another account, but in case anyone else looks at this thread later, my husband and I were just at MCO in April and saw banners for visitor toll passes.

https://visitortollpass.com/

This was quick and easy to setup; we did it on our phones while waiting for our luggage to come around and then stopped at the kiosk on the way out to the rental carts to pick up the placard. You put in your license plate # when you have it, then you can just drive through the tolls normally. We kept the placard the whole time, and used it for our second rental car when we got off the ship, then dropped it in the drop slot when we flew home. Easy peasy. The only gotcha was remembering to turn OFF the rental car license plate when you return the car. My husband forgot to and we got one charge for whomever had the car next. Even with that it was much cheaper than paying the rental car fee for them to pay our tolls.

I know OP already said they did not want another account, but in case anyone else looks at this thread later, my husband and I were just at MCO in April and saw banners for visitor toll passes.

This was quick and easy to setup; we did it on our phones while waiting for our luggage to come around and then stopped at the kiosk on the way out to the rental carts to pick up the placard. You put in your license plate # when you have it, then you can just drive through the tolls normally. We kept the placard the whole time, and used it for our second rental car when we got off the ship, then dropped it in the drop slot when we flew home. Easy peasy. The only gotcha was remembering to turn OFF the rental car license plate when you return the car. My husband forgot to and we got one charge for whomever had the car next. Even with that it was much cheaper than paying the rental car fee for them to pay our tolls.
The OP said the plan was to pay cash at the toll plazas. Whatever you do, don't use the rental car option. They charge a ridiculous fee for that privilege. I'm not familiar with this option, but it does sound like a great alternative for someone renting a car. Before we lived in FL, I went ahead and bought one of the devices I could move from car to car and just brought it with us for each trip. It was something else to remember, but it was a real time saver. TBH, if it's a one time trip for the OP, the option to just pay by plate would only cost him a few extra bucks. That's also an option that would avoid having to carry cash and stop to pay.

Reading their website, this is a real boon to renters (from MCO).

Need to get this info out there!

I know OP already said they did not want another account, but in case anyone else looks at this thread later, my husband and
OP is driving to FL and not going to the airport. You may want to start a new thread or have it added to the pinned threads.

I know sometimes roads are different in different directions. Will the same tolls be in effect coming from the cruise ship to all star music? I also know some have express tolls that you do not have to pay if you don't take them are these like normal toll booths or them. I come from an area with 0 tolls so it's all pretty new.

It say with sunpass if I did it correctly the tolls are $3.96 the cost of the sunpass mini is $4.99 plus tax.
By plate is $8.14.

This is a really good question. I think it is the same, but one problem with the sunpass is I don't pay as much attention I used to. There is also E-Pass, which has a free transponder. The problem with both is there is a minimum starting balance (IIRC), so you might be better of with pay by plate. If it's that close, that's what I would do. Why get the transponder if you're not going to be back for a long time if ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter