All star music noise was unbelievable

And this is awesome! I just planned a last minute adult trip for next month during a cheer competition and the only reasonable rooms left were at Pop... :yay:

And this is awesome! I just planned a last minute adult trip for next month during a cheer competition and the only reasonable rooms left were at Pop... :yay:
Request top floor, far from elevator to cut down on foot traffic outside your door. With just a bit of luck, you might just limit annoyances to the food court. Some (most?) of them are actually well behaved. It's the South Americans you should be more concerned about.

Problem is when its non English speaking groups they just play dumb.
Unfortunately it’s not just at the resorts. We were behind a couple that tapped into 7 dwarfs, it turned blue, they pretended to not speak English and be confused so they were eventually waved through. We then heard them speak English and ask for the front car:rolleyes2. Then I kid you not they were a couple people ahead of us on big thunder later and di the SAME THING. I told the CM as I got up there that I saw them pull that same thing earlier. He said yeah, it happens all the time.​

Just back and had no idea the values could be this bad.

From 10 pm until 3 am there was chanting and screaming. Not a little bit of noise but 10 - 20 young adults making as much noise as possible. Disney would break it up, 10 minutes later off it goes again.

I got very little sleep and had a horrible day in the parks today.

I guess Disney really can't do much assuming they won't evict them but this was truly unbelievable. These people had absolutely no dignity. Absolutely shameful.

I won't ever be going back. I've travelled for work and pleasure and this is the worst experience ive ever had. Any other hotel would have had the police involved at that point.

Assuming they are unwilling to do that they really should indicate that these are party hotels.
The same thing happened to me a few years back first night of a 5-night trip, talked to a manager at the hotel and Mickey picked up the tab for me to stay at AKL

I’m so sorry you encountered a noisy group. I stayed at ASMusic once while a band group was there. They were all quiet and respectful, so not all young people are bad!

Sorry to hear that. Honestly, I'd call the police if Disney wouldn't do anything about it.

FWIW, I've had the worst noise ever at the BWI in the room next to us. I had to call security twice on them! Not staying at the BWI again likely, even though I used to love it there. No way I'm paying $2500/week for just the room to have insanely noisy neighbors!

We've stayed at Pop and All Star Sports, and it's always been quiet at night for us.

Can't those insanely noisy neighbors that also paid $2500 a week to stay there end up at any other hotel you choose? It's kind of the gamble of staying in any hotel.

You should not have to deal with this on your VACATION!!!! Completely insane that they cannot manage these events without negatively impacting the non-sports guests (who are, frankly, spending much more money than a school group on a budget!).

The unreasonable part of me starts wondering about a Limburger cheese prank or an airhorn... the reasonable side of me says you're going to spending a lot of time at the front desk. I suppose one should use part of that time to make a statement to Disney through their social media channels... :( If you get the perfect CM at the perfect time, and you are able to explain how this is negatively impacting your trip, they may be able to work some Pixie Dust magic.

I would have basically camped out at the front desk until they comped that night and at least one more. Disney charges too much money anymore for crap like that. I appreciate its not their fault how others behave, but they have a responsibility to monitor behavior on there property.

Sorry to hear about your experience. It seems to be a thing with cheerleaders. We had a problem with a cheer group when we were there last Dec during Pop Warner week. We were on line for RnR behind 3 women when 11 cheerleaders cut in front of us. We and the people behind us complained to the adults but just got attitude back. The coach actually told us to complain to a CM. My daughter did complain to a CM who came over and explained to the coach that this was not acceptable behavior. When she was done I asked her what she was going to do. She said there was nothing she could do because they don't take people out of line. BTW, the original 3 women just left the line. They were just holding the space and knew nothing would happen. I later complained to GS and got an anytime fp to HS which we couldn't use. When I got home I emailed Disney with the story and suggestions for the future. I received a nice canned response saying they will pass the info on and thanks for writing them. The moral of the story. Go ahead and cut the line because nothing will happen. They seemed to care more about the cheer group than the several families behind them that they just made angry. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In the future you will find me holding the space in line while I wait for my husband who walks with a cane to catch up instead of waiting for him. We also will never go during Pop Warner week or any cheerleading group week. The football players were fine.

Agree. I just told my husband recently that I’d rather not go than ever go back to a value.

They stay at moderates as well. We just went the end of November and our last night at CBR was the first night for Pop Warner people to show up. We were literally surrounded by cheerleaders and their parents from a school in New Jersey. the rooms beside us, above us and across. It was loud! Luckily it did die down around 11pm.

As an FYI - I had a problem with a South American teen group one year at ASMusic - and I know that security talked to the leader of the group THREE TIMES to get them to shut up - but that only worked for a couple of minutes. I did complain - in person - at the front desk - at like 3 in the morning when they were still up and making noise. (Also where I talked to security person who was headed back to the section I was in AGAIN and quite frustrated.) (This was after 2 phones calls after 10 pm - 10 pm is when Disney will start enforcing quiet hours at all.) Disney moved me to another resort later that morning - a mod - with no change in the room rate I was paying. They also gave me a voucher to use for taxi transport between the resorts (I did have to go back to the desk when I was leaving to get that.)

One tip I got for ASMusic - request Country Fair section as the groups are rarely that far back in the resort. We did that last week (before many cheer groups arrived) - and our whole visit to ASMusic was incredibly quiet except for the damn golf carts the CMs drive around at all hours. Another tip (already mentioned) - make sure you room is far away from the center (elevator). When the groups are in different sections of the building - if you are center - you are going to keep hearing them go by your room and they tend to gather at more centralized rooms.

They stay at moderates as well. We just went the end of November and our last night at CBR was the first night for Pop Warner people to show up. We were literally surrounded by cheerleaders and their parents from a school in New Jersey. the rooms beside us, above us and across. It was loud! Luckily it did die down around 11pm.
Great reminder that the mods aren't immune. The mods do have thicker walls, though. I've never seen groups at POFQ, but I have seen them at POR. "Group Hotels" are specified in the event brochure. If you're really concerned about a specific set of dates, you can scour the internet and find this info. Here's a guide to the NHSCC Feb 10-11...

https://varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/UCA/18/NHSCC/NHSCC_TravelPackage_2018.pdf
https://uca.varsity.com/Competitions/National-HS-Cheerleading-Championship

You'll see that AS, Pop, and CBR are official resorts. *Sometimes* you'll see POR and perhaps others as official resorts.

Many folks will stay at AS, Pop, and CBR that week with no noise issues. But if it were me, I might use it as an opportunity to finally try out CSR! Or go with my favorites POFQ and POR. AOA LM rooms are also an option.

There is a SATG in Broadway right now-you can run but you can't hide!lol:)
Yup - I was in Broadway during my trip that was so awful. I think (though its just a guess) - they end up in Broadway the most. Closer to the lobby are preferred rooms - so they probably don't pay for those. And if they group them in Broadway - they are more likely to disturb each other - and they put other guests in Country Fair. That trip - they couldn't move me to Country Fair because it was full... hence a contributing factor to move me to a mod without fees. Plus - it was a really bad night and they knew it - they knew I wasn't complaining about minor noise.

It's not a value resort issue -8 inch concrete block isn't going to muffle the sound of a group of people basically shouting. I also wouldn't expect Disney policy to include anything which would discourage these groups from returning in future years. With that in mind, I'd suggest calling the police as well because not only might the appearance of law enforcement get the attention of at least the adults of the group, but law enforcement involvement is also not a look resort management is particularly thrilled with (which might "help" them in their decision-making process moving forward).

It's not a value resort issue -8 inch concrete block isn't going to muffle the sound of a group of people basically shouting. I also wouldn't expect Disney policy to include anything which would discourage these groups from returning in future years. With that in mind, I'd suggest calling the police as well because not only might the appearance of law enforcement get the attention of at least the adults of the group, but law enforcement involvement is also not a look resort management is particularly thrilled with (which might "help" them in their decision-making process moving forward).

I live in a city, concrete construction actually does completely kill the noise. I'm 30 floors up. My neighbor can have music absolutely cranked and 30 people inside, you don't hear it. You hear it through the door only if either their door or my door is open. It feels like magic. My building is kind of old for my city (vancouver) too, early 2000s. I'm guessing the newer ones are even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter