All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 28, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
disney012.jpg

STKY6, when did you take this Rainforest Cafe picture? That looks like my husband but we weren't with any children.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

STKY6, when did you take this Rainforest Cafe picture? That looks like my husband but we weren't with any children.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Aug 4th this year...so did another family adopt him while you were there? :rotfl:

It was quite rainy and overcast last week but only a little - it was easier than the usual humidity and certainly didn't spoil our fun at all (but we live in UK so don't notice the rain as it's the usual state of the weather for us!!!:laughing: ) I'm sure your friend had a great time.
Well, they're there this week (as in right now), not last week... a quick weather check shows light rain now, 70% chance of rain tonight, 90% change tomorrow, 100% tomorrow night, etc... I just hope they don't (or haven't) cancelled Fantasmic or Illuminations.

DO love that fisheye you have. Stop tempting me:rotfl2:
What's the other lens, Groucho ?? Is it a WA? Im still looking/dreaming about getting a zoom WA for my D80.

I like that fisheye shot Groucho, but there is something about the shot before it that I like better. Was that with the Tamron 28-70?
Thanks guys! The other lens is indeed the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8, at 28mm. If you look closely at the ground, you can see that I was way, way further back for the Tamron photo than the fisheye one. :) I don't disagree on the rectilinear one being a little more pleasing to the eye... in retrospect, I should have done a wonkier angle for the fisheye version.

Senecabeach, I don't have a "proper" superwide lens yet... I wouldn't turn one down if one came my way, but it's not super high on my list, either. My next lens will go to 16mm (not fishy) - if I need wider than that, the fisheye zoom will do.

Well, they're there this week (as in right now), not last week... a quick weather check shows light rain now, 70% chance of rain tonight, 90% change tomorrow, 100% tomorrow night, etc... I just hope they don't (or haven't) cancelled Fantasmic or Illuminations.
Sorry, I said that because we were there on Saturday when you said your friend was there. I really hope Fay doesn't make problems for people this week. We were there for Charley in 2004 and still had fun.:goodvibes

It's Cinderella's wishing well.

If you are standing in front of the Carousel facing the castle, it's the path to the left heading to Tomorow Land.

Aug 4th this year...so did another family adopt him while you were there? :rotfl:

I showed this picture to my husband and he even thought it was himself. Same shirt, same pants, same build, same stance. Any Disney family that wants to adopt him is welcome to, but it's a package deal, and I'm part of the package.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter