~ All My Children Fans ~ new home...

I read on Soapnet.com that nuBabe is not long for the show and has been fired. There is supposed to be a big tornado in Pine Valley and she is supposed to be one of the casualties. Several others will also bite the dust.

I read on Soapnet.com that nuBabe is not long for the show and has been fired. There is supposed to be a big tornado in Pine Valley and she is supposed to be one of the casualties. Several others will also bite the dust.

OOOOO, I wonder who it will be. I won't miss nubabe, but I will feel sorry for JR since he's finally turned around. Maybe Annie will go. A tornado, huh? Didn't they already do that? :happytv:

Maybe this is what Opal was talking about yesterday.

Oh, and the stalker? I think it David Hayward. He's back.

Seems that it is Ryan. But I did see that David Hayward was coming back, I sure can't stand him, don't know why they have to bring him back.

I see that Jeff Branson aka Jonathan is going to GL to play Shayne Lewis.

Suzanne

I think you might be right about Annie's stalker being David Hayward. He was described today as having dark hair and that could be David of course. I just hope they reveal who it is pretty soon because this has gone on long enough now.

Has anyone noticed the difference in Susan/Erica's nose on DWTS and AMC? Why does her nose look so much smaller/shorter on AMC than on DWTS? Is it make up or her hairstyle or what??? :confused3 Maybe I'm the only one that has noticed it or maybe my eyes are deceiving me?? Anyone else see the difference?

And speaking of Erica.....once again her dress today seemed much more appropriate for a much younger woman than Erica. Too much exposed and too much revealed beneath the fabric if you know what I mean. Let the woman dress her age please!

Has anyone heard from IASW Rider? I miss her postings! :confused3

Eileen Herlie of 'All My Children' dies at 90
Published: 10/10/08, 3:25 PM EDT
By MICHAEL KUCHWARA
NEW YORK (AP) - Eileen Herlie, a stage and TV actress who appeared on "All My Children" for more than three decades as the motherly Myrtle Fargate, has died at 90. Herlie died Wednesday of pneumonia, said Julie Hanan Carruthers, the ABC soap opera's executive producer.

The actress joined the long-running show in 1976 to play Myrtle, who became the surrogate mother to many of the soap's major characters, including Erica Kane, portrayed by Susan Lucci.

"I'm sure Eileen is lighting up the sky's in heaven with her flaming red hair and lovely Scottish accent," Lucci said. "The earth's loss is heaven's gain!"

Herlie's last appearance on the program was in June.

Before joining "All My Children," Herlie was a regular on Broadway. She made her debut in Thornton Wilder's "The Matchmaker" in 1955, playing milliner Irene Molloy in the comedy, which starred Ruth Gordon as Dolly Gallagher Levi.

Musical theater buffs knew Herlie from her appearances in two shows: "Take Me Along" (1959), an adaptation of Eugene O'Neill's "Ah, Wilderness!," in which she played Jackie Gleason's love interest, and "All American" (1962), in which Herlie co-starred with Ray Bolger. In "All American," she and Bolger sang the musical's best-known song, "Once Upon a Time," a Charles Strouse-Lee Adams tune later popularized by Tony Bennett.

Herlie was nominated for a Tony for her performance in "Take Me Along."

Among Herlie's other Broadway appearances were the Richard Burton production of "Hamlet" (1964), in which she played Queen Gertrude; two plays written by Peter Ustinov, "Photo Finish" (1963) and "Halfway Up the Tree" (1967); and "Crown Matrimonial" (1973), a drama about the events leading up to the abdication of King Edward VIII, in which she played Queen Mary and George Grizzard the love-stricken monarch.

Born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland, Herlie worked for several years in the Scottish National Theater and in the English theater with Tyrone Guthrie. Among the hit London plays she appeared in: Jean Cocteau's "The Eagle Has Two Heads."

Her movie credits include two filmings of "Hamlet," the Burton version and the 1948 Laurence Olivier production, in which she also played Gertrude. Her other movies include "Freud" (1962) with Montgomery Clift and Sidney Lumet's "The Sea Gull" (1968) with Simone Signoret, James Mason and Vanessa Redgrave.

Herlie is survived by a brother, nieces and nephews.

Check out the action starting on Thursday, Oct 16. I saw this on AMC during the commercials on Wednesday.

I'm so sad that Eileen Herlie died.

I loved her scenes with Zach.

She will be greatly missed.

I truly hope they give her the proper send off on the show. Anything less would be a shame.

I loved her when she had scenes with Lenny and talked about her carny days.

Eileen Herlie of 'All My Children' dies at 90
Published: 10/10/08, 3:25 PM EDT
By MICHAEL KUCHWARA
NEW YORK (AP) - Eileen Herlie, a stage and TV actress who appeared on "All My Children" for more than three decades as the motherly Myrtle Fargate, has died at 90. Herlie died Wednesday of pneumonia, said Julie Hanan Carruthers, the ABC soap opera's executive producer.

The actress joined the long-running show in 1976 to play Myrtle, who became the surrogate mother to many of the soap's major characters, including Erica Kane, portrayed by Susan Lucci.

"I'm sure Eileen is lighting up the sky's in heaven with her flaming red hair and lovely Scottish accent," Lucci said. "The earth's loss is heaven's gain!"

Herlie's last appearance on the program was in June.

Before joining "All My Children," Herlie was a regular on Broadway. She made her debut in Thornton Wilder's "The Matchmaker" in 1955, playing milliner Irene Molloy in the comedy, which starred Ruth Gordon as Dolly Gallagher Levi.

Musical theater buffs knew Herlie from her appearances in two shows: "Take Me Along" (1959), an adaptation of Eugene O'Neill's "Ah, Wilderness!," in which she played Jackie Gleason's love interest, and "All American" (1962), in which Herlie co-starred with Ray Bolger. In "All American," she and Bolger sang the musical's best-known song, "Once Upon a Time," a Charles Strouse-Lee Adams tune later popularized by Tony Bennett.

Herlie was nominated for a Tony for her performance in "Take Me Along."

Among Herlie's other Broadway appearances were the Richard Burton production of "Hamlet" (1964), in which she played Queen Gertrude; two plays written by Peter Ustinov, "Photo Finish" (1963) and "Halfway Up the Tree" (1967); and "Crown Matrimonial" (1973), a drama about the events leading up to the abdication of King Edward VIII, in which she played Queen Mary and George Grizzard the love-stricken monarch.

Born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland, Herlie worked for several years in the Scottish National Theater and in the English theater with Tyrone Guthrie. Among the hit London plays she appeared in: Jean Cocteau's "The Eagle Has Two Heads."

Her movie credits include two filmings of "Hamlet," the Burton version and the 1948 Laurence Olivier production, in which she also played Gertrude. Her other movies include "Freud" (1962) with Montgomery Clift and Sidney Lumet's "The Sea Gull" (1968) with Simone Signoret, James Mason and Vanessa Redgrave.

Herlie is survived by a brother, nieces and nephews.

This is so sad. I really loved her character and the way she related to Zach. Wonder if they wil make any mention of it on the show or is she just gone like so many others

Suzanne

I really didn't know she was 90. I know Palmer is in his upper 80's and he won't be long for the world either.

I wonder who will be Erica's older guidelight now. It was Mona for so long, then Myrtle took over. Plus they haven't rented out any rooms at Myrtle's lately either.

Oh, and the stalker? I think it David Hayward. He's back.

Yeah its about time! I don't want her dead dead, oh that's right your never really dead in soaps:confused3. Just off and in a coma so in a year or so when the real babe is ready to come back poof:wizard: here I am. Or how about after her injury and Mama is hugging her when they open there eyes it's the old Babe.
I'm so far behind as in months and my tivo is on the blink didn't know there was a stalker, but yep I'm sure it's david.

So sad about the actress that played Myrtle, I do hope they give her a grand send off. Love her relationship with so many of the characters those who were so strong, or hard but came to her for comfort.
Have you all heard that this will be the last SSW at Disney:sad2:, can't believe it. I have been two times with mom, DN, DD and it was so much fun. Wanted to go this year but we are going the 25th of NOv. so I didn't think I could pull it off. Figured I would go next year but guess not.

:sad1: Oh I'm so sad to hear this news. Somehow I always thought Myrtle would be around Pine Valley forever helping Erica.:sad1: I loved her so much. The whole crew is going to be so sad, they will miss her alot.
Now she's having fun in the great "Carny" in heaven.

Okay, now I've read on Soapnet.com that there will be NuBabe#2 - Alicia Leigh Willis (I think that's her name).

Isn't she the one that played Courtney on GH?

Yes, that's what they said on the boards over there.

Maybe it will happen this way: JR and Babe and Little A head to San Diego. They get called back to Pine Valley for the court dealings on Fusion and Babe reappears as NuBabe #2.

Or they return to Pine Valley, get caught in the tornado and something lands on Babe's face requiring lots of bandages. They unwrap her when she is healed and she reappears as NuBabe #2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter