• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't want to reassign the non expiring tickets I just want to save them for a future trip and make sure the days come off the newer 4day park hoppers we bought. If we made up aliases under family and friends we wouldn't get to use the magic bands that come with the reservation. So I guess my question is how do I make sure my new 4 day tickets get used first?
You can always reassign the tickets back when you want to use the 10 day tickets (again, assuming they haven't been partially used).

You can always reassign the tickets back when you want to use the 10 day tickets (again, assuming they haven't been partially used).

Yes.
The idea is to "hide them away under false names for safe-keeping" and then bring them back under your real names when you are finally ready to use them.

You can move around (between names) UN-used tickets as many times as you like.

They have been used, they have 6 park hopper days left and all water park days left. One of them is a child's ticket and the next time we think we will be going (after this upcoming trip) our daughter will be about 12 so with Disneys yearly price raising and the fact we won't have to upgrade her to an adult ticket because they supposedly don't penalize children for ageing, these non expiring tickets may give us the ability to take her a few times during her childhood without buying anymore ticketspixiedust:

Then, the trip(s) to Guest Relations to have your tickets "prioritized" is your plan of action.
Thank you for your responses. Our first day there we were not going to the parks so it sounds like that will be a good time to get this done. Can I leave my wife and daughter at the pool and take care of this myself for all of us or do we all need to go over and do I need to bring all our magic bands with me ( I will take the actual tickets)?

Thank you for your responses. Our first day there we were not going to the parks so it sounds like that will be a good time to get this done.
1. Can I leave my wife and daughter at the pool and take care of this myself for all of us
2. or do we all need to go over and do I need to bring all our magic bands with me ( I will take the actual tickets)?

1. Yes.
2. You, alone, can go. You won't need to bring everyone elses' MBs.

That's just the problem, I tried to point out to no avail that, if you take a step back, the policy really does make sense. Disney isn't in the business of giving away money by bridging tickets to an amount they know for fact the guest did not pay. As much as we don't like it, it really does make sense. I was told this new bridging policy went into affect the same day as the price increase, 2-12-17, but had not seen any official info posted until your comment. Thanks for posting your info!

FWIW, I'm glad I don't have any tickets to bridge as all mine are purchased direct with discounted gift cards, but we need to make sure the forum members get accurate information and not "because that's the way it's always been done". There are over 35,000 views on the main ticket price increase thread. That potentially means a lot of unhappy DIS members when they attempt to upgrade their tickets based on information they received prior to anybody waiting to see how this new policy actually works. I'm going to make some further inquiries, but please keep us posted on anything new you hear :)

AFAIK Disney wants guests to stay longer if they can get them to. The so called "bridging" allowed that to be done without penalty for getting the wrong length of ticket. The two "worst" things people did was to essentially loan money to Disney much longer before they would ever enter a park and to use the policy to get a little discount off an AP.

Disney themselves decided on non-expiring tickets. In a small way you might say they are kind of reneging on part of that no expiration. Disney set tickets to never expire so the entry was always worth a certain number of days but if one wants to add a day then suddenly it's as if the ticket had an expiration because they won't apply the same value that you could get from it by using it. Yes, they will still give the credit for the value they have declared fixed, but it is not longer the correct value as if you used it - it's now an "expired" value.

I've read most, but not all threads here but haven't seen the answer I'm looking for. I know adding the WP options allows entry and/or a reentry to the WPs for each day you have a Park Ticket. My question is does that have to be in the same day as the Park Ticket use. Meaning, If I have a 2-Day ticket can I go to Park 2 Days and WP's 2 seperate days (Ie..TPs on Monday and Tuesday, and then WPs on Thursday and Friday)?

I've read most, but not all threads here but haven't seen the answer I'm looking for. I know adding the WP options allows entry and/or a reentry to the WPs for each day you have a Park Ticket. My question is does that have to be in the same day as the Park Ticket use. Meaning, If I have a 2-Day ticket can I go to Park 2 Days and WP's 2 seperate days (Ie..TPs on Monday and Tuesday, and then WPs on Thursday and Friday)?
Yes, you can do both on the same day but you don't have to. Just have to use them all within 14 days

I'm trying to remain optimistic but I'm afraid things won't be easy... :scared:
I'll be there Saturday evening and I'm planning on going to GS in Disney Springs Sunday morning to validate our Canadian tickets (need to show our passports) and to try and upgrade these 6-day base tickets to AP. Since we bought the tickets at CAA (so 3rd party), I'm hoping we'll get credited their full value (2/11 would be fine) instead of what we paid for them, which is at a 25% discount (they were 378$ and are now 390$ +tx but we paid 283$).
I want to do this at DS before we pay for parking at the parks (staying offsite) since it's included with the AP but I guess I'll have to adapt if I don't hear what I want to hear... :rolleyes:
I'll remain hopeful and will report back! :)

I'm trying to remain optimistic but I'm afraid things won't be easy... :scared:
I'll be there Saturday evening and I'm planning on going to GS in Disney Springs Sunday morning to validate our Canadian tickets (need to show our passports) and to try and upgrade these 6-day base tickets to AP. Since we bought the tickets at CAA (so 3rd party), I'm hoping we'll get credited their full value (2/11 would be fine) instead of what we paid for them, which is at a 25% discount (they were 378$ and are now 390$ +tx but we paid 283$).
I want to do this at DS before we pay for parking at the parks (staying offsite) since it's included with the AP but I guess I'll have to adapt if I don't hear what I want to hear... :rolleyes:
I'll remain hopeful and will report back! :)
Please do! Fellow Canadian here. I too hope to upgrade my CAA tickets but I'll have to wait until October. I will wait with baited breath to here how you make out. Good luck.

Special Tickets (generally, not fully available to all USA residents at all times.)

14 or 21 Day Ultimate Park Hopper
(sometimes called "United Kingdom (UK) Tickets")
These are valid for unlimited entry for one person to all the parks, both primary and secondary, for either 14 or 21 days from first use.
They are sold by Disney in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
They can be ordered through www.disney.co.uk but will not be shipped to the United States or Canada.
People in the USA sometimes ask friends or travel agents in the UK to purchase these tickets
and then ship the tickets to the USA.
These can be upgraded to Annual Passes, based on the current exchange rates.
"

Is this still correct for 2017? I am hoping for further verification that a US citizen can use the UK ultimate park hopper. If I am able to purchase the UK ticket through a friend will it link okay to my Disney account, even with a US address, in order to obtain FP, etc?

My sister wants to take her kids ages 4 and 7 to the MK for only 1 day in March. I know that this is the most expensive way to buy tickets but this is what she can do. Can she buy 1 day tickets through UT or must you buy 1 day MK tickets through Disney?Do you think UT may still have cheaper 1 day passes from before price hike? If that is the case can she buy cheaper gift cards (through Sam's Club or Target)and pay for them? Should she get tickets ahead of time? What about FP?? Can she make FP once she buys her tickets? I also told her to check in with her work because she works for Liberty Mutual. Is there somewhere on the website that will tell you if the day they are going has early opening or late closing? They may get more doing an after hour ticket than fighting lines all day. Thoughts??

My sister wants to take her kids ages 4 and 7 to the MK for only 1 day in March. I know that this is the most expensive way to buy tickets but this is what she can do. Can she buy 1 day tickets through UT or must you buy 1 day MK tickets through Disney?Do you think UT may still have cheaper 1 day passes from before price hike? If that is the case can she buy cheaper gift cards (through Sam's Club or Target)and pay for them? Should she get tickets ahead of time? What about FP?? Can she make FP once she buys her tickets? I also told her to check in with her work because she works for Liberty Mutual. Is there somewhere on the website that will tell you if the day they are going has early opening or late closing? They may get more doing an after hour ticket than fighting lines all day. Thoughts??

UT doesn't have discounted 1 day tickets and in fact I believe you pay more than you would through Disney. She can definitely make FP reservations once she buys her tickets.

She can buy discounted Disney GCs via Sam's/Target/BJ's and use them to buy 1 day passes online through Disney. This will be the cheapest option for a 1 day pass, plus it is cheaper online than at the gate.

She will need to link the ticket in MDX and can then make her FPs (30 days ahead if not staying on property or 60 days, if staying onsite).

You can't use Disney GCs to purchase tickets through resellers.

Be careful to check the dates of when she is going as there are three tier tickets based on the dates, but if purchasing on Disney's site, this is a non-issue as it tells you what kind of ticket is necessary (value, peak, etc.).

The website or app can tell you the park hours for that day. There is no "after hour" ticket, unless she can get convention tickets (but doesn't sound like this is an option here).

There is no "after hour" ticket, unless she can get convention tickets (but doesn't sound like this is an option here).
Pretty sure the After Hour PP is referring to is the Disney After Hours event. I don't know the exact dates it currently ends but it's soon. If it's still going in March and is offered the date she is looking to go it could be a very viable choice as you do get a lot of bang for your buck. Though much depends on the age of the kids and how well then can do late night. At 4 and 7 it is iffy for most kids. DGD could but she's not avg when it comes to her sleep schedule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter