Alcoholic drink on DDP?

tseitel

DIS Veteran
When using dining credits in the parks, are you able to get 1 alcoholic drink for dinner but also a soda, or worse case a glass of water? Mostly interested in the answer for Rose and Crown, but it would be good to know for other restaurants as well. Thanks!

Can't speak specifically for Rose and Crown, but the drink entitlement on the DDP is for ONE drink. You can choose either an alcoholic drink with no free refill, or soda, tea, coffee, etc with free refills. Not both. Some folks have reported that a small handful of servers might bend the rules a little on that.

A glass of water is always free.

If you only want to use what's included in your dining credit, no. You are allowed one beverage with your meal, whether you choose an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink is up to you. That said, you can always pay for the soda out of pocket (less expensive) and use the beverage allotment for your alcoholic drink.

We were in the parks this past week, and used the DDP. At all of our table service meals, we were allowed to get both an alcoholic drink and a soda or coffee/tea. We were surprised because our understanding was that we would get one or the other. We had a couple waiters offer both, and for the others we asked and were allowed to get both. Not sure if it was a policy change, or they have been asked so much that they just do it now? Maybe we just encountered some extra nice wait staff? YMMV...

I will say that at a buffet/all-you-care-to-eat meal, you can definitely do both since the soda is included in the cost of the meal- there is not a way to differentiate a regular drink from the meal itself. Only the alcoholic drink would be a separate charge, and would count as the drink credit on the DDP.

We are a party of 7, all considered adults although 3 are under 21. Are we able to order 7 alcoholic beverages with our DDP and pay out of pocket for soft drinks for the kids?

We are a party of 7, all considered adults although 3 are under 21. Are we able to order 7 alcoholic beverages with our DDP and pay out of pocket for soft drinks for the kids?
From what I understand, no. It's one alcoholic beverage for each person at the table over 21. I've had people over 21 who aren't drinking order a drink for someone else, but if you had someone under 21 they could not order an alcoholic beverage as part of their meal, even if it's for someone else to drink.

From what I understand, no. It's one alcoholic beverage for each person at the table over 21. I've had people over 21 who aren't drinking order a drink for someone else, but if you had someone under 21 they could not order an alcoholic beverage as part of their meal, even if it's for someone else to drink.
So, while I also believe this is how it is supposed to work, and we stuck to non-alcoholic specialty drinks for my DS19 this trip, we also were "given" an alcoholic drink at one of our TS dinners charged to his meal plan while he had a soda to drink. Again, we never asked and didn't expect this, so YMMV.

The servers are supposed to be asking for ID for alcoholic drinks, regardless of how young or old the guest looks!!! A person under 21 cannot order a alcoholic beverage and give to someone else at the table.We

The servers are supposed to be asking for ID for alcoholic drinks, regardless of how young or old the guest looks!!! A person under 21 cannot order a alcoholic beverage and give to someone else at the table.We

We never ordered it for him, it was not put in front of him, and he never drank it. The waiter brought it to us and my husband and I split it. But it was paid for with DDP meal credits. So, 3 adult meals, 3 sodas, and 3 alcoholic beverages at the table on the bill.

We never ordered it for him, it was not put in front of him, and he never drank it. The waiter brought it to us and my husband and I split it. But it was paid for with DDP meal credits. So, 3 adult meals, 3 sodas, and 3 alcoholic beverages at the table on the bill.

I think many of the servers are pretty generous about making sure you get the most out of your dining plan. At Cape May last year, I wasn't feeling well and didn't want a bar drink. My DH had 2 and we were not charged for the second - she just rang it in as my drink entitlement.

They know it behooves their tip for you to perceive they "bent the rules" for you.

I think many of the servers are pretty generous about making sure you get the most out of your dining plan. At Cape May last year, I wasn't feeling well and didn't want a bar drink. My DH had 2 and we were not charged for the second - she just rang it in as my drink entitlement.

They know it behooves their tip for you to perceive they "bent the rules" for you.

Yes, exactly. If they can use the credits to their (and our) advantage, then it definitely helps the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter