Alaska Dining Rotation 2024

MissScarlet

Mouseketeer
Is there anyone on one of the first Alaska cruises of the season that can confirm the dining rotation for 2024? I believe it is usually 1223123, but I have seen reports that it would be changing this year. Also, what nights are the stage shows/Frozen deck party? Thank you for your help.

Ours was 1223123. Frozen deck party was on the third night (glacier day), along with the Frozen dinner choices. The Frozen show was on Friday I believe. This was from the first cruise to Alaska.

I’ll note they ran out of fisherman Mickeys, but were restocked on our Juneau day. I’d still suggest if you want a stuffed Alaskan themed Mickey or Minnie, you get them when you see them.

Yes was on the May 13th sailing as well -
We did
AP, Tiana's, Tiana's (frozen menu), Tritons, AP, Tiana's, Tritons for dinner rotation.

Golden Mickey was second evening (Tuesday), Frozen WDT show was Day 5 (Friday) and Dreams was Sunday (Day 7)
sem
Vancouver - Day at Sea (formal)- Glacial Viewing - Icy Strait Point - Juneau - Ketchikan - Day at Sea (Semi-formal)

Just to add, we stayed at a hotel about 3-4 blocks away from the port. We decided to take an Uber to the port and the drop off point placed us an elevator ride just before security. We also ordered the Uber 30 minutes before our PAT, in case we had to wait for the pick up. Pick up wait was about 2 minutes and we were about 15 minutes before our PAT. We asked about it and they just waved us through security. We sat with the group until they started check in and then waited about 10 minutes before they started calling boarding groups.

Oh, and the Uber was totally worth it as it saved a lot of walking toting our luggage.

Just to add, we stayed at a hotel about 3-4 blocks away from the port. We decided to take an Uber to the port and the drop off point placed us an elevator ride just before security. We also ordered the Uber 30 minutes before our PAT, in case we had to wait for the pick up. Pick up wait was about 2 minutes and we were about 15 minutes before our PAT. We asked about it and they just waved us through security. We sat with the group until they started check in and then waited about 10 minutes before they started calling boarding groups.

Oh, and the Uber was totally worth it as it saved a lot of walking toting our luggage.
Which hotel did you stay at? Did you like the hotel? We’re going on the 9 night cruise in July and I’m looking at hotels in Vancouver. We’re coming in 2 days early to explore the city.

We stayed at JW Parq Vancouver - which was a nice hotel - really liked it and close by (walking distance) to Robson St, lots of dining and shopping and two different Metro stops (Yaletown and Stadium stops).

We took the Metro/Train everywhere we went - from airport to hotel, around the city and then from hotel to port. It was easy and cost effective for our family of 4 with loads of luggage in tow.

Sutton Place Hotel. Nice. Easy walk to the ship.
A cool little coffee shop & bakery open 24 hours a short walk away the Breka Bakery 855 Davie St.

We had no issues with the unhoused sleeping on the streets in this immediate area but it's an increasing presence.
Five blocks away NE of the Hotel was lots of Police activity/victims concerning it.

The only rideshare service we could get to respond to/from the airport was Lyft.

Last edited:
Which hotel did you stay at? Did you like the hotel? We’re going on the 9 night cruise in July and I’m looking at hotels in Vancouver. We’re coming in 2 days early to explore the city.
We stayed at the Pinnacle Waterfront. It was alright and was around $200 less than the hotels at the port.

Were all of the dinner "shows" the second or third time you visited the restaurant? Our 25th anniversary is on the 3rd night (glacier day), so we booked Palo for that night. But I don't want to miss anything special in our main dining. I have heard that our Freezing the Night Away is going to be night 5, so it sounds like it might be different than what others have had so far? I guess really the only fun dinner I care about is Tiana Mardi Gras because we have done Animator's several times. But if we are missing the Tiana non-show dinner, it's just a regular dinner, right?

The consensus, unanimous agreement among seasoned Disney travelers we talked to was that DCL tried pre-cooking / pre-preparing (if that's a word(s)) on shore then thaw & simply heat and serve the food in the Dining rooms. Eliminates a lot of kitchen staff.

A big failure. We felt bad for the wait staff. They were jumping thru fiery hoops trying to make it all right all over the dining rooms.
Golden Coral in Orlando was better.

Our next Wonder cruise the food was amazing, inspired and delicious. Out did any cruise lines fare.

Were all of the dinner "shows" the second or third time you visited the restaurant? Our 25th anniversary is on the 3rd night (glacier day), so we booked Palo for that night. But I don't want to miss anything special in our main dining. I have heard that our Freezing the Night Away is going to be night 5, so it sounds like it might be different than what others have had so far? I guess really the only fun dinner I care about is Tiana Mardi Gras because we have done Animator's several times. But if we are missing the Tiana non-show dinner, it's just a regular dinner, right?
I was also hoping to confirm what night the Frozen dinner/deck party would be on our cruise later this season, as I had heard it might be moved to night 5. Someone on our Facebook group was speculating that maybe the DCL reps are actually referencing the Frozen theater stage show, when they are saying it is on night 5?

I was also hoping to confirm what night the Frozen dinner/deck party would be on our cruise later this season, as I had heard it might be moved to night 5. Someone on our Facebook group was speculating that maybe the DCL reps are actually referencing the Frozen theater stage show, when they are saying it is on night 5?
For my cruise where they are saying night 5 is the Frozen deck party, they are showing the available dining rotations as 1231123. That would be consistent with having the Frozen dinner in the 5th night as well.

The only dinner I don't want to miss is the Mardi Gras dinner and it will be just my luck if we get on board and that's my rotation! lol I know we can try to get it changed, but we also asked for a table for 2, which we would be at risk of losing if we try to change our rotation. Luckily we are late seating, so hopefully that will make getting our preferences easier. We'll see in 8 days!

Sailing today (June 3rd): at Sea, glacier, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, at Sea, Vancouver.
We have 1223123 rotation, the Frozen menu and party is night 3.
Shows are: 2: Golden Mickeys, 3: Ventriloquist, 4: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, 5: Frozen, 6: Magician, 7: Disney Dreams.

Had a 10:45am port arrival time, boarding group 5, which was called at about 11:30.

Sailing today (June 3rd): at Sea, glacier, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, at Sea, Vancouver.
Shows are: 2: Golden Mickeys, 3: Ventriloquist, 4: Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, 5: Frozen, 6: Magician, 7: Disney Dreams.

Had a 10:45am port arrival time, boarding group 5, which was called at about 11:30.
Have a great trip!

Have an amazing trip!!

We were on the May 27th sailing. Here was our dining rotation.

Day 1: Triton
Day 2 - At Sea: Animator's Palate (with Sorcerer Mickey)
Day 3 - Glacier: Animator's Palate (Frozen)
Day 4 - Icy Strait Point: Tiana's
Day 5 - Juneau: Triton (Lobster)
Day 6 - Ketchikan: Animator's Palate (animators)
Day 7 - At Sea: Tiana's (Mardi Gras)

The Sail-A-Wave party was at 7:45pm, which was a surprise for me. It did take away from the excitement when we left the port but I think those who have early dining may like it better this way.

This is my 5th time on the Wonder and 2nd time for the Alaska cruise. Triton usually was my favorite MDR but it was pretty bad this sailing. Escargots were so tiny and this was the dish I was looking forward to the most in the MDR. The Salmon was just okay, feel more like a piece of fish from Cabana than a dish in a main dining. The worst and most disappointing is the Creme Brulee. It was so runner, watery and had no taste. Feel like they froze the dish, then thaw it too much before serving so the texture just went watery.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter