Alaska 2022 port schedules released by Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska

Starwind

DIS Veteran
The Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska has released the Cruise Ship Calendar for 2022 [ie port schedules for Alaskan ports for 2022], dated Friday, January 08, 2021.

Available at: https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1551

Disney Wonder is all Vancouver - Tracy Arm - Skagway - Juneau - Ketchikan - Vancouver

EXCEPT weeks of June 6 and August 1:
Vancouver - Tracy Arm - Icy Strait Point - Juneau - Ketchikan - Vancouver

Also interesting to note that it looks like there will not be a 9 night offered in 2022 as every single Monday the Disney Wonder is in Vancouver between May 16th and September 19th.

I guess they aren't willing to risk a sailing longer than 7 nights if possible for now?

That's too bad. I was hoping the longer Hubbard Glacier cruise might be a possibility in 2022. Fingers crossed for 2023, I guess! It would be the last year my eldest could enjoy Oceaneer's Club/Lab.

So does this mean they’re throwing in the towel for 2021?
Not necessarily. It just means cruise lines are lining up their port stops for 2022. With any luck the new itineraries will be released for summer 2022 sooner rather than later. The website posted by the OP also shows the 2021 schedule.

There goes the Panama Canal cruises and Trans Atlantics.

2022 Panama Westbound is already scheduled so we can't assume this is the case. They still need to cross the canal to get the ship to the west coast and doing it without any people as has been stated multiple times by others on this site people think is uneconomical. I did some googling previously and you can actually do PC in 7 days according to other sites (average is 9 but it ranges from 7 to 21 I think it said). You can also do a transatlantic in around 7 with no stops so both are possible even with the 7 day rule. That said DCL have released their schedule as if that rule doesn't exist for the period earlier than these Alaska cruises so I think the assumption that this is the 7 day rule issue is just that. Its more likely they've worked out its more economical to do the 7 days or it was easier getting the port stops.

2022 Panama Westbound is already scheduled so we can't assume this is the case. They still need to cross the canal to get the ship to the west coast and doing it without any people as has been stated multiple times by others on this site people think is uneconomical. I did some googling previously and you can actually do PC in 7 days according to other sites (average is 9 but it ranges from 7 to 21 I think it said). You can also do a transatlantic in around 7 with no stops so both are possible even with the 7 day rule. That said DCL have released their schedule as if that rule doesn't exist for the period earlier than these Alaska cruises so I think the assumption that this is the 7 day rule issue is just that. Its more likely they've worked out its more economical to do the 7 days or it was easier getting the port stops.
The 2022 PC and Transatlantics were released prior to the 7 night rule (which is has an unknown end date as we don't even really have a start date). Interesting that they could make it in 7-9 days. The reduction of 9 to 7 plus an extra 2 could signal intent to keep cruises within that guideline since they aren't sure what the guidance will be in 18 month time.

The 2022 PC and Transatlantics were released prior to the 7 night rule (which is has an unknown end date as we don't even really have a start date). Interesting that they could make it in 7-9 days. The reduction of 9 to 7 plus an extra 2 could signal intent to keep cruises within that guideline since they aren't sure what the guidance will be in 18 month time.

Possibly but who knows. Currently the guidance is only in place til end of October and so they haven't thought about changing anything past that. I would have thought that if they believed the 7 night rule was here to stay they would have already started rejigging things like they have for the time up til November. Its all a bit of a mess really so its hard to know.

The 7-day PC cruises you are referring to aren't full transits. These are roundtrip cruises from south Florida and turn around in the canal from Gatun Lake - crossing three locks on the way in and out.

Wonder's full 14-day PC cruise has 7 sea days plus a day of full transit. Unless it scoots though the ocean in double time (while wrenching the guts en masse), I can't see a 7-day PC cruise happening.

The 7-day PC cruises you are referring to aren't full transits. These are roundtrip cruises from south Florida and turn around in the canal from Gatun Lake - crossing three locks on the way in and out.

Wonder's full 14-day PC cruise has 7 sea days plus a day of full transit. Unless it scoots though the ocean in double time (while wrenching the guts en masse), I can't see a 7-day PC cruise happening.

Ah right fair. As said I just googled average length and it said 7-21 days but didn't look into it any further. Guess they are definitely hoping the rule expires in October then :D

That towel was already thrown when Canada entered the ring!

I’m still hopeful that we are going to authorize cruising...At least for the last part of the summer/beginning of the fall.

(Pending on the health measures and vaccination roll-out in both countries.)

Interesting update! We're planning on booking Alaska '22 for our 10 year anniversary. Hoping that things are mostly back to the old normal by then.

I’m still hopeful that we are going to authorize cruising...At least for the last part of the summer/beginning of the fall.

(Pending on the health measures and vaccination roll-out in both countries.)

The BC government just released their plans for the next phase of vaccination. According to that plan people who are 75-79!won’t be starting to get vaccinated until April. From there they will descend by age in 5 year increments as supply allows. We are a long way out from vaccination levels that would allow for cruises and it seems exceedingly unlikely that we’d get there in time for a summer cruise season here.

The BC government just released their plans for the next phase of vaccination. According to that plan people who are 75-79!won’t be starting to get vaccinated until April. From there they will descend by age in 5 year increments as supply allows. We are a long way out from vaccination levels that would allow for cruises and it seems exceedingly unlikely that we’d get there in time for a summer cruise season here.

On the East Coast, we have 70+ mid-March. Folliage cruises are popular in September and early October. I still have hope... for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter