I'm going to see if they respond to my email but I can't imagine they will cancel a reservation when you have a confirmation. Last night I made one with another company at the same price so we are ok. We would prefer Alamo, but we'll see.
This happened last year too. I do not think they will cancel your reservation but may expect you to have proof of the coupon validity. Last year I didn’t take a chance. I rebooked. I’ll see if I can find the thread.
Here is my update, I am also having the same issue with the coupon code and after calling Alamo and talking to three different associates the only choices I was given was to keep the rate with the coupon and Costco and not be able to do the online check in or change the booking which increases it by $25 so I can go directly to the garage. I kept the discounted booking and will have to go to the desk or kiosk.
After debating this we found the same size car with a different company for 27.00 less. I really wanted to stay with Alamo (and would have paid more) but don't need a hassle at the airport. Honestly, I have rented with them for years but never had this problem.
My email response was to continue without the coupon because of the blackout date. My response to that was I have a confirmed reservation with the coupon before they added any blackout dates and it should be honored. After all, why should we be penalized? I've never had any problems with them in many years and am very surprised at the customer service.
I agree. That's why we decided to go with another company. We received a second email saying coupon would be removed at counter. If you book in good faith and are never notified of a problem with a coupon it should not be your fault. For anyone who used the 6809 code double check your reservation.
My latest reply from them was this. "We do not have access to override the conflict with the coupon code or to modify the rate on the reservation. Have a wonderful day!"
Funny how they were able to do that for others.